The Student Room Group

Brexit thugs target US sports presenter

There's no end to the lows certain nationalist Brexit thugs will descend to in attacking or sending abuse to anyone who isn't British.

Just read the headline that a US sports presenter has been targeted with online abuse by pro- Brexit thugs. This is getting worse than 1930s Germany.

These are the so-called people May and the government is trying to please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ambitious1999
There's no end to the lows certain nationalist Brexit thugs will descend to in attacking or sending abuse to anyone who isn't British.

Just read the headline that a US sports presenter has been targeted with online abuse by pro- Brexit thugs. This is getting worse than 1930s Germany.

These are the so-called people May and the government is trying to please.

She was accidentally confused for someone else. Calm down
Reply 2
Original post by Trapz99

Brexiters are not very bright.
Original post by Maker

So the majority of British people are dumb? Shut up mate, we won, stop being salty.
Original post by Ladbants
So the majority of British people are dumb? Shut up mate, we won, stop being salty.

Hitler was elected leader by German people in the 1930s, that was democracy, but does not mean it was right to murder 7 million Jews and trash most of Europe and North Africa.

The devil is in the details.
Hitler was elected leader by German people in the 1930s, that was democracy, but does not mean it was right to murder 7 million Jews and trash most of Europe and North Africa.

The devil is in the details.

Lol liberals always comparing us to Hitler, you guys make me laugh
We won, deal with it, its democracy.
This is hilarious. when a Muslim commits a act of terror its always "NOT ALL MUSLIMS THESE WERE JUST EXTREME"

When a few stupid brexiters do something stupid "ALL BREXITERS ARE SATAN-HITLER OMG THEY ARE SO STUPID"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AperfectBalance
This is hilarious. when a Muslim commits a act of terror its always "NOT ALL MUSLIMS THESE WERE JUST EXTREME"

When a few stupid brexiters do something stupid "ALL BREXITERS ARE SATAN HITLER OMG THEY ARE SO STUPID"

Exactly, it's fine to discriminate against brexiters but even mention Islam and you get beaten up
Reply 8

Yes, a few idiots posting mean things on Twitter is worse than Nazi Germany.....
Reply 9

[video="youtube;uuL6cJPz3Nk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk[/video]
Reply 10
Original post by Maker

Yourself and the OP are responsible for making some of the most retarded and nonsensical threads I have seen on this website lately, so you're hardly in a position to judge other people's intelligence.
Original post by Trapz99

Oh great, so it's perfectly alright for the original person to get death threats then?
Lol liberals always comparing us to Hitler, you guys make me laugh
We won, deal with it, its democracy.

it's

I wouldn't call them dumb... more mistaking anecdotal experiences as reality and then mistaking issues caused by abandonment by successive governments on the EU and immigration, where in reality their main enemy is the political system and local councils rather than plumbers from poland and an political establishment more democratic than their own parliament.

Uneducated would be the correct answer, but then that has negative connotations.... but personally I wouldn't expect every common person to wade through all the stats and data and political theories, it's why we have a representative democracy which during the referendum failed to educate people on both sides of the argument.
you haven't even given us a link to the story
why would brexiters go after a US sports presenter?
you haven't even given the context!
Original post by Maker

I'd say a fair amount of the people who use Twitter probably aren't particularly bright in general . . .
Reply 16
Original post by sleepysnooze
you haven't even given us a link to the story
why would brexiters go after a US sports presenter?
you haven't even given the context!
She has the same name as the silly bint fronting the campaign that took the case to the High Court.
Reply 17
Original post by Wōden
Yourself and the OP are responsible for making some of the most retarded and nonsensical threads I have seen on this website lately, so you're hardly in a position to judge other people's intelligence.

I didn't know I had a stalker.
Reply 18

Most people are stupid, misinformed and don't know it. If you ask a 100 British people to name their MEP, 95 of them won't know so how are the going to know about the EU?
Reply 19
Original post by Maker
Most people are stupid, misinformed and don't know it. If you ask a 100 British people to name their MEP, 95 of them won't know so how are the going to know about the EU?

I'm sure most leavers and remainers alike couldn't name a single member of the European Parliament, the European Commission, the European Council, or the Council of the European Union (Yes the latter two are seperate entities. Confusing, eh?). I doubt they could name other three governing bodies of the EU and I certainly don't think they could give even a vaguely accurate discription of what any of these institutions do, how they operate, how the members are selected etc.

Does that prove most people are stupid? No, I think it proves that the EU is an over-complicated, bureacratic nightmare that is far too distant and detatched from the general public. A prime reason in my opinion to get out of it.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending