The Student Room Group

what should i pick ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Shaaayxp
I did do Spanish GCSE but I think the specification has changed now? :s-smilie: So I'm not sure how much is be able to help you with that :frown:

My spanish writing is about work experience. one question is write about your routine during work experience- was it different or normal.. i don't what to write about it :frown:
Original post by flower.
My spanish writing is about work experience. one question is write about your routine during work experience- was it different or normal.. i don't what to write about it :frown:

My advice would be to plan out what you would write in English then think about how you could write it in Spanish. Did your teacher give you a list of points you need to include? You could use each point as a sort of template for your paragraphs
Reply 22
Original post by flower.
What other a-levels could i choose with psychology.. Im thinking of doing a science for example biology but I'm not sure on what else to pick.

A science such as Biology and Chemistry should really help you out if you do end up doing a course in Phycology. They are also really facilitating (especially Chemistry) so there would be a number of courses open to you if you changed your mind. An essay writing subject is also good. My brother does phycology at uni and he did religious studies as AS and then Geography, Biology and Phycology at A2. He said the Biology has particularly helped him out during his course.
Reply 23
Original post by Shaaayxp
My advice would be to plan out what you would write in English then think about how you could write it in Spanish. Did your teacher give you a list of points you need to include? You could use each point as a sort of template for your paragraphs

Thanks i've started writing it. my teacher has given me a few points but i get stuck on the tenses and i get a little confused. Do you have a way to remember different tenses?
Reply 24
Original post by daff09
A science such as Biology and Chemistry should really help you out if you do end up doing a course in Phycology. They are also really facilitating (especially Chemistry) so there would be a number of courses open to you if you changed your mind. An essay writing subject is also good. My brother does phycology at uni and he did religious studies as AS and then Geography, Biology and Phycology at A2. He said the Biology has particularly helped him out during his course.

Thanks for the advice. :smile: Im picking psychology and biology for sure. How did your brother find religious studies and why did he do it for one year..
Reply 25
Original post by flower.
Thanks for the advice. :smile: Im picking psychology and biology for sure. How did your brother find religious studies and why did he do it for one year..

He loved it, ended up getting full marks in his AS paper. He gave it up though because it was the 'softer' subject of his choices and he only wanted to take 3 A2s because of the work load.
Original post by Dhara102
Definitely do biology. I know someone who studies psychology at uni and they are expected to know A-level maths as well.

As somebody who has studied psychology at uni.. DEFINITELY DO BIOLOGY AND MATHS!

I felt sooooo behind everybody else because I'd not studied biology whilst most of my peers had and struggled with a lot of first year modules. Luckily I studied maths but I'm pretty sure without it I would have felt exactly the same with statistics as I had with the biological psych module.
Reply 27
Original post by daff09
He loved it, ended up getting full marks in his AS paper. He gave it up though because it was the 'softer' subject of his choices and he only wanted to take 3 A2s because of the work load.

Oh right because I'm considering religious studies because i enjoy it right now but I'm still thinking about my options. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest