The Student Room Group
2:2 from UCL.

I mean come on, not even a first from London Met is worth anything.
Reply 2
2:2 UCL easily.
2:2 UCL

On that note, I know someone from oxbridge who got a 22 but couldn't even apply to John Lewis because their first requirement was a 2:1.

Really ridiculous in my opinion.
Reply 4
Original post by JulieEdiz
2:2 UCL

On that note, I know someone from oxbridge who got a 22 but couldn't even apply to John Lewis because their first requirement was a 2:1.

Really ridiculous in my opinion.

Wow, they got a degree from 2 universities.
First from London Met!
Original post by Maker
Wow, they got a degree from 2 universities.

Studied bacherlors at one and then masters at the other....
I'd take the first. Is this another one of those London met bashing threads that seem to be commonplace on here?
Plenty of jobs just advertise 2:1, so at least you could apply. If you hot an interview, then everythings to play for. With a 2:2 you cnat apply for those jobs at all.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by JulieEdiz
Studied bacherlors at one and then masters at the other....

Masters don't have a 2.2. classification
third-class at UCL or first at london met?
Original post by Maker
Masters don't have a 2.2. classification

Then I must be wrong, thanks for informing me. It is not my own experience but this person did study at both and ended up with a 2.2.

I am not going to say anymore on this matter however because I don't know anything about the grading or classification. But my point about the 2.2 being standardardised, wherever you graduate from, still stands.
Reply 11
I'd take a 1st in engineering, maths or computer science from London Met than a 2:2 from UCL.
Also, admissions to postgrad schools often look at the GPA or grades heavily and most schools don't care much the difference between UCL and London Metropolitan U.

Take a look at this program, for example.
http://poetsandquants.com/2016/10/25/meet-berkeleys-haas-mba-class-2018/
Reply 12
I'll take the first, from London Met thanks.

Most grad schemes have minimum requirements of 2.1 as do MSc or PhD's.

You will struggle with a 2.2 from UCL. Even people with 2.2 from Oxbridge cant get past the gatekeepers in many grad jobs.

Latest

Trending

Trending