The Student Room Group

Need uni advice- Muslims only

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BigTraderBoi
It is forbidden in Islam for a woman to be friends with a man who is not her husband or family member.

This just exemplifies very clearly how religion is man made. Why is it forbidden for a women to be friends with a man who is not her husband? Of course its to prevent a woman sleeping with another man.This was clearly a rule made up by men to prevent their wives from being unfaithful.Its so obvious.Or it was to prevent their daughters from sleeping with boys without the fathers approval. Its obviously been made up by men and they hid that rule under the guise of religion so it would seem less controlling.If your father says you can't be friends with a boy you might be tempted to rebel.However if god says it then you have to obey especially under the threat of hellfire.
Because I'm British, not Saudi. I have every right to be here and don't have a right to be in Saudi Arabia, nor do I want to. I have the right to live how I want to live in this country. I'm not committing crimes or harming anyone.

We have spent centuries being held back by religous delusion.And just as we finally start to become less sexist,less homophobic and generally less religous we decide to import those views here.Frankly we don't need these attitudes here.The saudis seem much more your type of people.
hi,

When you are going to work you will have to mix with other people, when people are in secondary school or college they may also have to mix with the opposite gender. Are you scared that you will see this guy in the wrong way? You are in university to get an education and be independent and I'm sure you're smart enough to realise that speaking to this person for educational purposes is not wrong!!! Yes you don't need to make a whatsapp group but the whole group including the girls meeting up to discuss the presentation could be an alternative.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Why not? I'm genuinely curious. Your kind of views with male/female interaction (when it's literally for educational purposes) seem to come from the 16th century.

Because I'm British, not Saudi. I don't know anyone in Saudi Arabia, I don't speak fluent Arabic, I have virtually all my friends and relatives here in the UK, I can't get a job there. I've lived here my entire life, this is my country as much as it is anyone else's. I will finish uni, work hard and pay taxes and not commit a single crime.

Also, if one doesn't like the society they are in, they should try to improve it, not just leave. Nelson Mandela didn't just leave South Africa, he changed it for the better.
(edited 7 years ago)
What are you going to do in an actual job? Not work with men? What's the point of even being at uni.

You people are clueless.
Reply 125
Also, if one doesn't like the society they are in, they should try to improve it, not just leave. Nelson Mandela didn't just leave South Africa, he changed it for the better.

Your ideas would not "improve" British society, precisely.
If the OP was unable to pull her weight in the group and make an equal contribution, prevented the groyp functioning or prevented me from working effectivelt in the group, then I would complain. Other peoples studies shouldnt have to suffer.
Original post by Anonymous
Salam sister,
Maybe drop out of uni and enroll in a all female uni/course?
Or an online course? Theyre cheaper, and are not a mixed environment.
That way you can avoid fitnah :smile:
If you dont want to, then I guess you have to accept how things are in a non-Muslim country: university are mixed, and that's how they are unfortunately.
You cant force segregation in universities- it's against he law unfortunately- just gotta do what you gotta do
Regards with ruling- some schools of thought allow mixing and talking in group chats if it's strictly for education - also as long as youre not by yourself with a male, always in a group - then its fine really

Do what you feel is comfortable in your heart- ask Allah for guidance

How is working professionally against Islamic sayings? And you think this isn't the case in many "Muslim countries"? :/
Because I'm British, not Saudi. I don't know anyone in Saudi Arabia, I don't speak fluent Arabic, I have virtually all my friends and relatives here in the UK, I can't get a job there. I've lived here my entire life, this is my country as much as it is anyone else's. I will finish uni, work hard and pay taxes and not commit a single crime.

Except your attitudes to gender segregation and homosexuality wouldn't change society for the better. It would set it back a couple of hundred years.

And really? I can't believe you talked about Mandela. That guy was a legend and rightly so for doing the amazing stuff he did. People like you, however, not so much.
get a grip lmao
Original post by zezno
If she doesn't want to talk to boys, who cares? It's her life, let her live it. She's not harming anyone. Stop being ignorant just because you live different. Stop forcing people to be like you. You wouldn't say **** if an Atheist didn't like hanging out with boys because she wants to wait for the perfect moment.

"If she doesn't want to talk to boys, who cares". Okay let's get this straight, she has been assigned to work on a project by her lecturer and there happens to be a non Muslim male on her team. She obviously has to communicate with him otherwise the project will more than likely be a flop. It's totally ridiculous what you're saying, if she can't communicate with non muslim males which will be like like 90% of boys at her uni then why doesn't she just leave ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zezno
@MrsSheldonCooper Like you don't even know how to wash your own backside properly, lower your ego

It's not her fault you and the OP are the most irrational people on TSR. Go develop yourself until you have a better outlook on life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Original post by RossB1702
It's not her fault you and the OP are the most irrational people on TSR. Go develop yourself until you have a better outlook on life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

loool what?
Reply 133
Original post by RossB1702
"If she doesn't want to talk to boys, who cares". Okay let's get this straight, she has been assigned to work on a project by her lecturer and there happens to be a non Muslim male on her team. She obviously has to communicate with him otherwise the project will more than likely be a flop. It's totally ridiculous what you're saying, if she can't communicate with non muslim males which will be like like 90% of boys at her uni then why doesn't she just leave ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Her situation is unavoidable. She has to do it. But in general if she doesn't want to talk to boys, who cares? Stop trying to make people live like you.
Original post by zezno
Her situation is unavoidable. She has to do it. But in general if she doesn't want to talk to boys, who cares? Stop trying to make people live like you.

Fine it's her decision but she'll amount to nothing if she keeps this up. She definitely won't graduate, she won't get a job, she won't be able to do anything really. She'd be better of moving to an Islamic country like as MrsSheldonCooper said Saudia Arabia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
This thread is why I'm voting Trump
why tf do people care if she doesn't want to talk to guys? Stop attacking her and saying she should move to saudi arabia or drop out. She's gone to uni to get an education. She was just asking for advice because she doesn't feel very comfortable working with the guy, she hasn't refused to work with him ffs.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Except your attitudes to gender segregation and homosexuality wouldn't change society for the better. It would set it back a couple of hundred years.

And really? I can't believe you talked about Mandela. That guy was a legend and rightly so for doing the amazing stuff he did. People like you, however, not so much.

It would change things for the better. The past is better in some ways.
I'm a practicing Muslim, and this entire thread is ridiculous. There's nothing forbidden about a non-sexual interaction with someone from the opposite sex as long as you cover yourselves appropriately (hijab in your case). While it is forbidden for a man and woman who are not family to be alone together, there's no problem with working in a group. As for WhatsApp/FaceBook/whatever, there's no problem in giving him your number/username/whatever as long as you keep the interaction work-related.
It would change things for the better. The past is better in some ways.

Lmao it wouldn't at all. What kind of planet are you living on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending