The Student Room Group

I don't have any friends to take to the cinema

For my birthday my cousin got me 2 tickets to see Fantstic Beasts for my birthday but I have no one to take, I have no friends. I kind of have a friend online who I meet every now and again and I asked them but they said they will be working and probably won't be able to take the time off.

It's like 2 weeks away and I feel so embarrassed that I don't have anyone to take. My little brother has already said he doesn't want to go and I don't want to seem like a loser to the family by trying to convince him to just come with me

So what do i do? I want to go see it but I really don't want to go alone on a Saturday. Also, is there anyone else who is in this position and has no friends

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:cry2: Awwww man, how old are you?? :console:
Hey :lovehug: dont be sad :cry2: . Friends are **** anyways :yep:
That's sad

Don't worry it's only a phase , you will see better days.
Original post by Anonymous
For my birthday my cousin got me 2 tickets to see Fantstic Beasts for my birthday but I have no one to take, I have no friends. I kind of have a friend online who I meet every now and again and I asked them but they said they will be working and probably won't be able to take the time off.

It's like 2 weeks away and I feel so embarrassed that I don't have anyone to take. My little brother has already said he doesn't want to go and I don't want to seem like a loser to the family by trying to convince him to just come with me

So what do i do? I want to go see it but I really don't want to go alone on a Saturday. Also, is there anyone else who is in this position and has no friends

can you go with a parent or another family member? i'm sorry you're in this situation x
Reply 5
No I've left uni a few months ago and even there I only had one friend but now that I've left I've not talked to her. She stayed on for another year and has already made new friends.

I work just now but I would never go out with the people I work with. Theyre a bit older than me and I don't really know them well because I only work about 16 hours week
Reply 6
Original post by Google+
:cry2: Awwww man, how old are you?? :console:

I've just turned 21, I feel like such a loser
Reply 7
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Hey :lovehug: dont be sad :cry2: . Friends are **** anyways :yep:

They might be but I'd still like to have someone to take to the cinema :frown:
Reply 8
I've been to the cinema alone before several times and there's no shame in doing so; you don't have to take someone with you. If you really enjoy it then you should go yourself :smile:

Very few people will actually notice/care that you're there alone, as they'll be thinking entirely about themselves normally.
Reply 9
I've just turned 21, I feel like such a loser

Are you a girl??
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
can you go with a parent or another family member? i'm sorry you're in this situation x

I'm 21 so going with a parent seems even more embarrassing. I don't want to go with family anyway because I feel so embarrassed. Think I'd rather go on my own than with my cousin who will then release I have no pals
Original post by Google+
Are you a girl??

Yeah Im a girl who has no friends and doesnt even have a boyfriend anymore
Original post by Inexorably
I've been to the cinema alone before several times and there's no shame in doing so; you don't have to take someone with you. If you really enjoy it then you should go yourself :smile:

Very few people will actually notice/care that you're there alone, as they'll be thinking entirely about themselves normally.

I've been a couple of times to the cinema alone but that was during quiet times like 2pm on a Thursday. I just feel like because its on a Saturday more people will be out with their friends and it will make me feel even more down about being alone
Reply 13
Yeah Im a girl who has no friends and doesnt even have a boyfriend anymore

Have you tried making friends?? Or do you just keep to yourself?
Original post by Google+
Have you tried making friends?? Or do you just keep to yourself?

I try to make friends, especially recently but I suffer from mild depression which results in me sometimes sitting alone because I just feel down a lot. I have tried but I just never seem to make friends that I can go places with and hang out
Reply 15
I try to make friends, especially recently but I suffer from mild depression which results in me sometimes sitting alone because I just feel down a lot. I have tried but I just never seem to make friends that I can go places with and hang out

Where do you try and what do u mean by try??
When u sit alone do u mean outside or like at home?
I'm 21 so going with a parent seems even more embarrassing. I don't want to go with family anyway because I feel so embarrassed. Think I'd rather go on my own than with my cousin who will then release I have no pals

that sounds horrible i'm sorry :frown: but i'm sure no one would judge you for going with a family member, i go with my mum quite often
Oh god you poor thing. I really want to give you a hug rn.
I was in your exact position a few weeks ago when I really wanted to see Miss Peregrines Home for peculiar children. I had read the book and everything, and then I realised I had no one to take. One of my friends was at uni, the other one was busy and one made 1001 excuses so I was like **** you, I'll go alone. My little brother refused to come with me and I refused to drag along an ungrateful brat.

In the end I ended up meeting my online friend (who is now my real life friend XD) and we went but I honestly would have gone alone. Why should you miss out on fun because you don't have any one to go with?

People will always let you down which is why I suggest you definitely go and watch the film. Also it may help a lot with your confidence, and the cinema is dark anyway so no one cares who is watching what and who they came with!
I'll go with you! Of course I'll buy the treats

If you're in the West Midlands! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending