The Student Room Group

Room Mates in Uni Halls

The one major worry I have for going to Uni next year is that the housemates that I get put with will be boring and nerdy. I'm by no means a Lad's lad or whatever but I would consider myself quite attractive and it's fair to say that attractive people have attractive friends? Sounds a bit shallow I know but it just bothers me because everyone says all their best friends at uni are their roommates and I'd rather not be stuck with ugly, unsocial able people for a year. Obviously you make friends on your course and what not but yeah...
Original post by ChrisKennedy56
The one major worry I have for going to Uni next year is that the housemates that I get put with will be boring and nerdy. I'm by no means a Lad's lad or whatever but I would consider myself quite attractive and it's fair to say that attractive people have attractive friends? Sounds a bit shallow I know but it just bothers me because everyone says all their best friends at uni are their roommates and I'd rather not be stuck with ugly, unsocial able people for a year. Obviously you make friends on your course and what not but yeah...

I would suggest not coming across as judgemental - that is an ugly trait and can make an 'ugly, unsociable' person feel quite bad. I would know because I've been there.

If you're bored by people you can just ask to move. But you should be able to make friends outside of your flat mates too. Not ideal I know but if you manage it then you are sorted, can have your pick of who you want to spend time with, invite a small group of people over etc.
I think this is a serous issyse. normally you have an option to ask your accommodation about the type of people youd want to be housed with so just tick the super attractive box and you should be sorted. Also dont forget to tick the no nerd box as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending