The Student Room Group

In school, What sets are you guys/gals for every subject?

Hello, guys and I have a question for you guys or gals, what set are you guys or gals for every subject. I think I have asked that question before but it was months ago. Things change as always and I expect you guys or gals to either move up or down.

This is my sets in Year 10 (2015-2016):

Spoiler

This is my sets now (Year 11, 2016-2017):

Spoiler

So please tell me, what sets are you guys/gals for every subject?

And please check out my GYG thread. You guys or gals are going to love it. I left the link below.

My GYG Thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4399530
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheSpeedyz
Hello, guys and I have a question for you guys or gals, what set are you guys or gals for every subject. I think I have asked that question before but it was months ago. Things change as always and I expect you guys or gals to either move up or down.

Spoiler

Spoiler

And please check out my GYG thread. You guys or gals are going to love it. I left the link below.

I'm in set 2, because of my KS3 grades. It means very little, to be honest.
Original post by _gcx
I'm in set 2, because of my KS3 grades. It means very little, to be honest.

Wow! Not bad.

Nice one! :smile: Well done.
Reply 3
I'm in year 11 and I'm in set 1 English, set 2 Maths and Top set dual science (that's set 2) :tongue:
Reply 4
I was...

English / 1 out of 9
Maths / 3 out of 9
Science / 3 out of 9 but the highest additional group.
Original post by BhavyaB
I'm in year 11 and I'm in set 1 English, set 2 Maths and Top set dual science (that's set 2) :tongue:

Nice! :u: I am very proud of you.

Awesome! :smile:

Original post by samesea
I was...

English / 1 out of 9
Maths / 3 out of 9
Science / 3 out of 9 but the highest additional group.

Nice one! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
We don't have sets for most of our subjects...

English/ Science (both are the same)- 1
Maths- 1
Original post by disconnectable
We don't have sets for most of our subjects...

English/ Science (both are the same)- 1
Maths- 1

Nice! You should be proud of yourself. :smile:
Reply 8
Maths - Set 1 (Fun story, I was set 3 in year 8/9, spoke up about this since I was over performing and moved to set 2, then in year 10 I found out that I had been moved again to set 1. If I had never spoken up I would've had to settle for intermediate tier but now I'm expecting A's/A*'s in my two maths GCSEs.

Science - I guess it's set 1 because I'm in Triple Science, but we don't really call them sets. I was doing Double Science originally but moved in the first term of year 10. This is also my Religious Studies and my WBAQ class.

Spanish - I was in Set 1 languages (Welsh, French and Spanish) in year 8 and 9, hence why I was allowed to take Spanish for GCSE. Set 2 and 3 only did French and Welsh.

We don't have English sets, but I really wish we did. If everyone was at the same ability level I feel we would get more done and I think the class would be more enjoyable and stimulating. I love English so much and wish I could share that love with others in my class.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm in college now but when I was at school I was in top set for everything!:h: But seriously sets don't matter- it's the effort YOU put in!:smile:
Nice! :u: I am very proud of you.

Aww thanks :smile: Good luck for the exams :tongue:
Original post by Tombre
Maths - Set 1 (Fun story, I was set 3 in year 8/9, spoke up about this since I was over performing and moved to set 2, then in year 10 I found out that I had been moved again to set 1. If I had never spoken up I would've had to settle for intermediate tier but now I'm expecting A's/A*'s in my two maths GCSEs.

Science - I guess it's set 1 because I'm in Triple Science, but we don't really call them sets. I was doing Double Science originally but moved in the first term of year 10. This is also my Religious Studies and my WBAQ class.

Spanish - I was in Set 1 languages (Welsh, French and Spanish) in year 8 and 9, hence why I was allowed to take Spanish for GCSE. Set 2 and 3 only did French and Welsh.

We don't have English sets, but I really wish we did. If everyone was at the same ability level I feel we would get more done and I think the class would be more enjoyable and stimulating. I love English so much and wish I could share that love with others in my class.

Wow! That is very marvelous. You should be proud of yourself. :smile:

Original post by sunshine774
I'm in college now but when I was at school I was in top set for everything!:h: But seriously sets don't matter- it's the effort YOU put in!:smile:

Wow! I am very pleased. And yes, sets don't really matter to people. I just want to know what set you guys or gals in for every subject. I don't care if any person is like in bottom set. I would be sorry for them of course and certainly, won't mock them. All I would say to them is just try their hardest as possibly. :smile:

Original post by BhavyaB
Aww thanks :smile: Good luck for the exams :tongue:

Thank you so much! You are a very nice person. :smile:

Thank you so much! You are a very nice person. :smile:

Aww thank you, the same goes for you too :smile:
Our sets weren't properly arranged so I was in top set (X1) for science, 3rd top set for maths (X4) and I was in the second lowest for all my other subjects 😬
Reply 14
Wow! That is very marvelous. You should be proud of yourself. :smile:

Aww thank you, and you as well for the Maths and Geography!

Wow! I am very pleased. And yes, sets don't really matter to people. I just want to know what set you guys or gals in for every subject. I don't care if any person is like in bottom set. I would be sorry for them of course and certainly, won't mock them. All I would say to them is just try their hardest as possibly. :smile:

Yeah I'm glad you think that- very good attitude to have!:smile: Best of luck with your GCSE's!x:wink: What subjects are you doing?:biggrin:
During GCSE I was set 2 for everything that had proper sets. Most subjects were just randomised for the most part.
Reply 17
i was always in set 1 for everything... i have no idea why lol
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Our sets weren't properly arranged so I was in top set (X1) for science, 3rd top set for maths (X4) and I was in the second lowest for all my other subjects 😬

Wow not bad for science and maths. Don't worry about your other subjects. I bet you're doing fine anyways.

Original post by Tombre
Aww thank you, and you as well for the Maths and Geography!

Thank you! You're a very nice person. :smile:

Original post by sunshine774
Yeah I'm glad you think that- very good attitude to have!:smile: Best of luck with your GCSE's!x:wink: What subjects are you doing?:biggrin:

Thank you and the ones that I picked for GCSEs is geography, french, PE Cambridge national, and sociology. Thank you are asking.

Original post by Retired_Messiah
During GCSE I was set 2 for everything that had proper sets. Most subjects were just randomised for the most part.

Nice! Well done!

Original post by z33
i was always in set 1 for everything... i have no idea why lol

Wow! You most be surprised I guess. Well done to you. :smile:
Wow not bad for science and maths. Don't worry about your other subjects. I bet you're doing fine anyways.

Thank you! You're a very nice person. :smile:

Thank you and the ones that I picked for GCSEs is geography, french, PE Cambridge national, and sociology. Thank you are asking.

Nice! Well done!

Wow! You most be surprised I guess. Well done to you. :smile:

thank you :h:
yea i did alright overall,
3A's, 2B's and 3C's :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest