The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra Question

Hi Everyone,

I have currently used all five of my University choices. I have also been accepted in all five, however, after some more research I have come to the conclusion that I meet the requirements of King's College London.

Would it be wise to decline all offers and apply through UCAS Extra for KCL?

I was also thinking if it was possible to re-apply to the same other four in the event that I somehow get rejected. Would such a thing even be possible?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.
You can only apply to one university at a time through Extra. If KCL rejected you, you could in theory re-apply to one of the universities you declined, but there's no guarantee you'd get in again - indeed, if the admission tutor remembered your application then they might reasonably ask themselves whether an offer of a place is wasted on someone who has already declined them once.

So in answer so your question, no, I don't think it would be wise to decline your offers and apply to KCL - not unless you're sure you don't want to go to any of your 5 choices.
Reply 2
If they have places in Extra, then you can but you have no guarantee that they will do.
Reply 3
Original post by ALK96
Hi Everyone,

I have currently used all five of my University choices. I have also been accepted in all five, however, after some more research I have come to the conclusion that I meet the requirements of King's College London.

Would it be wise to decline all offers and apply through UCAS Extra for KCL?

I was also thinking if it was possible to re-apply to the same other four in the event that I somehow get rejected. Would such a thing even be possible?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

A better alternative is Adjustment.

Firm your prefered current choice, and then on Results Day you can keep that place on hold but apply to KCL via Adjustment.

Edit to add: BTW, don't firm ANY offers yet - there's no rush, and you might change your mind, again...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
A better alternative is Adjustment.

Firm your preferred current choice, and then on Results Day you can keep that place on hold but apply to KCL via Adjustment.

Edit to add: BTW, don't firm ANY offers yet - there's no rush, and you might change your mind, again...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply,

I should have mentioned that I am actually an international applicant. The course I am seeking admission to requires the LNAT. Considering all my grades are already published, would I still have to wait until Results Day?

Would it also be possible to contact KCL now and see if they even have the course available through adjustment?

Thanks so much! :smile:
Original post by ALK96
Thanks for the reply,

I should have mentioned that I am actually an international applicant. The course I am seeking admission to requires the LNAT. Considering all my grades are already published, would I still have to wait until Results Day?

Would it also be possible to contact KCL now and see if they even have the course available through adjustment?

Thanks so much! :smile:

Adjustment is an option only available after a level results day,so they couldn't tell you until then if they ll have places or not.
Reply 6
You don't "meet the requirements" for King's until the LNAT score says you do. If you have taken the LNAT, then you still don't necessarily know if you meet the requirements for King's. If you haven't taken it, it seems a waste of time to take the test on the basis that one university might accept a late application or an application through adjustment.
If you want to apply to King's for an LNAT-gated course, you are probably going to have to make a new application next year because you can bet your bottom dollar that they will not be appearing in Extra and almost certainly won't be appearing in Adjustment.
Reply 7
Original post by giella
You don't "meet the requirements" for King's until the LNAT score says you do. If you have taken the LNAT, then you still don't necessarily know if you meet the requirements for King's. If you haven't taken it, it seems a waste of time to take the test on the basis that one university might accept a late application or an application through adjustment.
If you want to apply to King's for an LNAT-gated course, you are probably going to have to make a new application next year because you can bet your bottom dollar that they will not be appearing in Extra and almost certainly won't be appearing in Adjustment.

I was initially discouraged from applying due to the increased costs of living in London. However, more recently the idea of studying there has grown on me.

I won't exactly be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I still have both Edinburgh and Manchester to fall back on. It was just a thought that had crossed my mind.

Thanks for your help! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending