The Student Room Group

Brexit thugs target US sports presenter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wōden
I'm sure most leavers and remainers alike couldn't name a single member of the European Parliament, the European Commission, the European Council, or the Council of the European Union (Yes the latter two are seperate entities. Confusing, eh?). I doubt they could name other three governing bodies of the EU and I certainly don't think they could give even a vaguely accurate discription of what any of these institutions do, how they operate, how the members are selected etc.

Does that prove most people are stupid? No, I think it proves that the EU is an over-complicated, bureacratic nightmare that is far too distant and detatched from the general public. A prime reason in my opinion to get out of it.

Would they do any better explaining the function of the Captain of the Corps of Gentlemen at Arms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Wōden
I'm sure most leavers and remainers alike couldn't name a single member of the European Parliament, the European Commission, the European Council, or the Council of the European Union (Yes the latter two are seperate entities. Confusing, eh?). I doubt they could name other three governing bodies of the EU and I certainly don't think they could give even a vaguely accurate discription of what any of these institutions do, how they operate, how the members are selected etc.

Does that prove most people are stupid? No, I think it proves that the EU is an over-complicated, bureacratic nightmare that is far too distant and detatched from the general public. A prime reason in my opinion to get out of it.

It shows how stupid Cameron was in having a referendum in the first place. Its like asking random people in the street how to do brain surgery. The result is a mess that split the country and made the young hate the old.
Original post by Ambitious1999
There's no end to the lows certain nationalist Brexit thugs will descend to in attacking or sending abuse to anyone who isn't British.

Just read the headline that a US sports presenter has been targeted with online abuse by pro- Brexit thugs. This is getting worse than 1930s Germany.

These are the so-called people May and the government is trying to please.

You do realise that continually posting these hyperbolic, hysterical shriekings about Brexit does tend to weaken any argument you might have? It's like an antonymic TSR version of the Daily Express.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ambitious1999
This is getting worse than 1930s Germany.

What an outrageously stupid and ignorant comment. Its disgusting you even compare the two.
Original post by Plagioclase
Oh great, so it's perfectly alright for the original person to get death threats then?

One of the puzzling things is that the kippers keep saying "calm down, we won", but when there is the slightest push back on their mad campaign to push the clock back to before the 1950s, nobody is more hysterical. It's absolutely bizarre for people claiming to be interested in British democracy to be making death threats against a woman who is simply demanding that the British parliament have a say. Not only that, but they can't even send their hate messages to the right person.

We are dealing with the educationally backward and people with severe personality disorders. This is the bedrock kipper vote and the base that Theresa May feels she needs to pander to.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
One of the puzzling things is that the kippers keep saying "calm down, we won", but when there is the slightest push back on their mad campaign to push the clock back to before the 1950s, nobody is more hysterical. It's absolutely bizarre for people claiming to be interested in British democracy to be making death threats against a woman who is simply demanding that the British parliament have a say. Not only that, but they can't even send their hate messages to the right person.

We are dealing with the educationally backward and people with severe personality disorders. This is the bedrock kipper vote and the base that Theresa May feels she needs to pander to.

Are you really saying that the majority of the British people, who voted to leave, are educationally backward?
Original post by Trapz99
Are you really saying that the majority of the British people, who voted to leave, are educationally backward?

It's not me saying it, it's the statisticians. The Leave vote did far better amongst the less well educated. Most educated people voted Remain. That's why London was for Remain - it has the highest concentrations of the educated in the UK.

Crucial national policies should not be formed by coalitions of stupid people, organised for nefarious ends by corrupt right wing politicians acting on behalf of tax evader interests.
Reply 27
Original post by Trapz99

Isn't it obvious?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The Leave vote did far better amongst the less well educated. Most educated people voted Remain..

An amount of this is only statistical noise, at least where an attempt is being made to use 'less well educated' as a dog whistle for 'unintelligent'. Leavers are more usually from the generation in which 10% went to university, Remainers from one in which 50% go. There's likely as well a correlation between having voted Remain and having seen Taylor Swift in concert or having a flat tum. Notice as well that the Remain vote of today's young and well educated came nowhere near replicating the proportion of the vote by which the derided generation of mostly leavers, those dreadful old racists, once voted us into Europe.
Original post by Maker
It shows how stupid Cameron was in having a referendum in the first place. Its like asking random people in the street how to do brain surgery. The result is a mess that split the country and made the young hate the old.

you are the ones that hate the old, so stop being so entitled about it.
These people have lived longer than you and many of them brought us into the EU and just due to their age they have no less of a right than you to vote (if you are of legal age)

and you really think it is us vs them when many younger people and middle age people voted to leave. It was 50%+ of the voting population that did actually vote *cough cough young people*
Reply 30
Original post by cambio wechsel
An amount of this is only statistical noise, at least where an attempt is being made to use 'less well educated' as a dog whistle for 'unintelligent'. Leavers are more usually from the generation in which 10% went to university, Remainers from one in which 50% go. There's likely as well a correlation between having voted Remain and having seen Taylor Swift in concert or having a flat tum. Notice as well that the Remain vote of today's young and well educated came nowhere near replicating the proportion of the vote by which the derided generation of mostly leavers, those dreadful old racists, once voted us into Europe.

I went to university when only around 6% went, I didn't vote for Leave.

Not all older people voted to leave, it was older and less educated, the older and more educated voted to remain. Get you facts right.
Reply 31
Original post by AperfectBalance
you are the ones that hate the old, so stop being so entitled about it.
These people have lived longer than you and many of them brought us into the EU and just due to their age they have no less of a right than you to vote (if you are of legal age)

and you really think it is us vs them when many younger people and middle age people voted to leave. It was 50%+ of the voting population that did actually vote *cough cough young people*

I am quite old now but missed the EU vote first time round. It was the older people who voted in first time round.
Original post by Maker
I am quite old now but missed the EU vote first time round. It was the older people who voted in first time round.

oh so you are against the old old people. ok sure that makes it a lot better
Original post by Maker
Most people are stupid, misinformed and don't know it. If you ask a 100 British people to name their MEP, 95 of them won't know so how are the going to know about the EU?

Lol, someone's salty af
That's exactly why we should leave, why should we know an MEP? They don't do anything useful, they waste their time licking the ass of Juncker. The only MEP I like is Nigel Farage.
Reply 34
Original post by AperfectBalance
oh so you are against the old old people. ok sure that makes it a lot better

I am against fools of any age.
Reply 35
Original post by Ladbants
Lol, someone's salty af
That's exactly why we should leave, why should we know an MEP? They don't do anything useful, they waste their time licking the ass of Juncker. The only MEP I like is Nigel Farage.

You must be the best informed Leaver on TSR.
Original post by Ladbants
Lol, someone's salty af

What's wrong with all the other UKIP MEPs?
Reply 37
Original post by InnerTemple
What's wrong with all the other UKIP MEPs?

They like a scrap.

Quick Reply

Latest