The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Policy Analyst Graduate Scheme 2016/17

Hey!

Can't find a thread for this year, anyone else applied?

Just did the SJT and general application. Really hoping to hear back, the starting salary for this compared to civil service is pretty good!

Scroll to see replies

Looking to apply, haven't started the application yet though. What's the general form like?
Original post by whyamianadult
Hey!

Can't find a thread for this year, anyone else applied?

Just did the SJT and general application. Really hoping to hear back, the starting salary for this compared to civil service is pretty good!

Try the public sector sub forum
Original post by roflcakes1
Looking to apply, haven't started the application yet though. What's the general form like?

Just general info, previous work experience, a small SJT test and answering a couple questions about how you would deal with a policy issue scenario! :smile:
Hi all!

Just completing my application now. I'm at the 2 written questions and situational judgments section. Just wanted to ask if you used the Civil Service framework to help answer in terms of using the same language / examples of competencies?

Thanks!
Reply 5
I started my application a few days ago and went on to complete yesterday, but am being told that the role is no longer available. Has anyone else had this problem?

The Treasury websites states that the deadline is Nov 11th.
Original post by gcarr
I started my application a few days ago and went on to complete yesterday, but am being told that the role is no longer available. Has anyone else had this problem?

Me too! I'd completed the questions offline so went to submit it today and now I can't. Kind of annoying!!
Original post by gcarr

Original post by Rhiannan94
Me too! I'd completed the questions offline so went to submit it today and now I can't. Kind of annoying!!

That's really weird! It might be a glitch - the civil service application has had so many glitches this year so maybe it's just in this process too. Have you emailed them?
Reply 8
The exact same thing has happened to me. I emailed them yesterday but haven't heard anything from them yet. Hopefully they will respond soon!
Reply 9
Did anyone else submit an application, receive and email of acknowledgement and then log back in to find their candidate homepage had not acknowledged their submission and showed an outdated, incomplete copy of the form instead? If so what did you do?
Reply 10
Original post by kitkatzap
Did anyone else submit an application, receive and email of acknowledgement and then log back in to find their candidate homepage had not acknowledged their submission and showed an outdated, incomplete copy of the form instead? If so what did you do?

How do you log back in? I think I've done it before but want to check it now!
Reply 11
I definitely applied for this scheme, but now I can't find any way to log in and I stupidly deleted my emails and can't get that far back in my deleted folder to find them. Hearing about other applications not going through properly has got me worried!
Original post by mjbx
I definitely applied for this scheme, but now I can't find any way to log in and I stupidly deleted my emails and can't get that far back in my deleted folder to find them. Hearing about other applications not going through properly has got me worried!

I definitely applied to, and when I log back in it just said that I've 'registered my interest' so I'm not really sure if that counts as applying...
Reply 13
Imagine if half our applications didn't register. That's going to be a right drama to sort out. After being rejected for fast stream I wasn't holding out too much hope but still like to keep living the dream that they would accept me, not looking too likely now hahah
I did email them explaining that it looked like my application hadn't sent but they emailed back saying they received it so hopefully we should all be ok!
Has anyone heard back? On the website it says we should be invited to online tests between the 11th - 20th November but I haven't heard anything at all? As someone above has said, can anyone advise how to log back in to check the progress of the application?
Original post by roflcakes1
Has anyone heard back? On the website it says we should be invited to online tests between the 11th - 20th November but I haven't heard anything at all? As someone above has said, can anyone advise how to log back in to check the progress of the application?

I logged in here, let me know if this works for you!

http://hmtreasurycareers.dev.tmpw.co.uk/candidate/candidate-login/?sActivationToken=9A85CBA0-B961-0CCF-45C3775CF456C8CC
Reply 17
I literally just received an email inviting me to do an online numerical test so hopefully you'll hear something soon
Original post by mjbx
I literally just received an email inviting me to do an online numerical test so hopefully you'll hear something soon

Same literally just received the numerical email!
Just received a test invite also! Does anyone happen to know the difficulty of their tests (I haven't taken a civil service one before.. it might be similar to the fast stream?) Good luck to everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest