The Student Room Group

**unofficial markscheme edexcel maths november 2016**

Scroll to see replies

y
Original post by Waqar_
You had to show that OT was parallel to a + 2b, personally I got -a + 2b in the end which shows its parallel but not sure if it's correct

yeah i know i did that one, sorry i didnt make it clear. i got an answer of 5/6(a+2b), but what im asking is what was the last question on the non-calculator paper and how many marks was it??
If anyone finds the paper please release it on this forum.
But look at this throw back😭
http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/6/7/72672823/june_2016_higher_p1_worked_solutions_-_mr_kibria.pdf
Reply 342
Original post by Michael883
y

yeah i know i did that one, sorry i didnt make it clear. i got an answer of 5/6(a+2b), but what im asking is what was the last question on the non-calculator paper and how many marks was it??

Oh, my bad , the last question on the non calculator was about the volume and surface area a sphere and another shape which unfortunately I can't remember. You had to use the formula to re range it and get the radius and then find the ratio of the volumes to the two different shapes. It was all very overwhelming but the final answer was a ratio of 36:37 and I believe it was a 5 marker
Original post by Waqar_
Oh, my bad , the last question on the non calculator was about the volume and surface area a sphere and another shape which unfortunately I can't remember. You had to use the formula to re range it and get the radius and then find the ratio of the volumes to the two different shapes. It was all very overwhelming but the final answer was a ratio of 36:37 and I believe it was a 5 marker

i didnt even see that question! was the second last question about the showing the area of a traingle to be 8cm^2? or have i missed another question out as well?
Reply 344
i didnt even see that question! was the second last question about the showing the area of a traingle to be 8cm^2? or have i missed another question out as well?

As far as I can remember it was the one with the triangle inside the square and you had to find the expression for the area of the triangle using surds
Original post by Waqar_
As far as I can remember it was the one with the triangle inside the square and you had to find the expression for the area of the triangle using surds

What do you think the grade boundary will be for a C grade? 70/200?
Original post by Waqar_
For the second to last question on the calculator paper, You had to show that OT was parallel to a + 2b, personally I got -a + 2b in the end which shows its parallel but not sure if it's correct

If a \mathbf{a} and b \mathbf{b} are vectors then a+2b -\mathbf{a}+2\mathbf{b} and a+2b \mathbf{a} + 2\mathbf{b} are not parallel (unless a \mathbf{a} or b \mathbf{b} is the zero vector).
Just thought you should know.
s

ah right, so there was no vector question at the back of the non-calculator paper??
Original post by Ninagabriella
The France wallet was cheaper

For the question about a wallet, I did the original price for london (£25.50) x the convertion rate ( the convertion to euro figure - was it 1.35?) and I got like a 0.49 difference, did anyone else get that?
Original post by stu-3791

Not a chance, 70/200 is far too high. Having done every edexcel paper from 2012 onwards during revision, and seeing the grade boundaries for them, for much easier papers, the boundaries are always in the 56-65 range, and this was almost certainly the hardest paper I've done, so for a C I would say 62-65/200.
Reply 350

Lower even, judging by last years boundaries a C grade will be 62-65 / 200 as the first paper really was quite difficult
Reply 351
s

ah right, so there was no vector question at the back of the non-calculator paper??

Nope, no vectors on the first one
Reply 352

I hope it's lower
Original post by AnonymousEric
Not a chance, 70/200 is far too high. Having done every edexcel paper from 2012 onwards during revision, and seeing the grade boundaries for them, for much easier papers, the boundaries are always in the 56-65 range, and this was almost certainly the hardest paper I've done, so for a C I would say 62-65/200.

I see what you mean, but it was 70 marks for a C grade in the summer just gone (June) so I wouldn't of thought it would drop by a lot, maybe 2-3 marks. No idea to be honest. Last summer (2015) it was 65 for a C and in the November resit it was 62/63 (can't remember which number) for a C grade.
Original post by Ells11
I hope it's lower

I counted 74 marks when I was with my teacher and that was me being seriously strict with myself, he recons I got more but I'm sat here really nervous and I have to wait until January; I hope I got my C. I was only 8 marks away last time :frown: it felt a lot better this time round
Reply 355
I hope the grade boundaries are Low because the first paper was hard and I am going to count with my teacher so I can estimate and what did u get for the question about the wall it was hard
Original post by Sa56
I hope the grade boundaries are Low because the first paper was hard and I am going to count with my teacher so I can estimate and what did u get for the question about the wall it was hard

The one about bricks?
The one about bricks?

i got 180 bricks, as it was 480, but it asked how many more bricks were needed, so it was 480-300=180
i got 180 bricks, as it was 480, but it asked how many more bricks were needed, so it was 480-300=180

I think a lot of people got it wrong whereas they didnt read "how many left does need" and some people put the original add the extra.
I did what you did :smile: I think I did 300 (the original number) / 5 = 60
He needed 8 metres along the bottom and it was 1.5 high (the same height) so I did 60 x 8 = 480 and took away 300 from that = 180 bricks.
I enjoyed that question
Reply 359
What did u get for the Anne question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending