The Student Room Group

RESIT AS MATHS MODULE? Yes or No?

At AS, I achieved a Grade B in Maths getting ABB in the C1, C2 and M1 modules respectively. I want to get an A overall so my question is do you think it's worth resitting the C2 module? My teacher advised against it saying I should just focus on the A2modules but I feel like I can get an A. I have 8 exams in the summer and if I do resit it'll be 9.
So what do ya think I should do?
Original post by TheDarkKnight0
At AS, I achieved a Grade B in Maths getting ABB in the C1, C2 and M1 modules respectively. I want to get an A overall so my question is do you think it's worth resitting the C2 module? My teacher advised against it saying I should just focus on the A2modules but I feel like I can get an A. I have 8 exams in the summer and if I do resit it'll be 9.

If it will interfere with your A2's then don't do it.
Original post by Transitory
If it will interfere with your A2's then don't do it.

Im sure it'll intefere but I already know a lot of the content so its not like im gonna devote all my attention to it but then again you never know so Im in a bit of pickle.
Especially since I wanna apply for Economics with Finance at Uni and an A is desirable
Reply 3
C2 is a really good module to pick because it contains stuff like differentiation and integration which is covered again in c3 and c4 so you should find that when it comes to sitting c2 again you won't have to do much revision for it
Im sure it'll intefere but I already know a lot of the content so its not like im gonna devote all my attention to it but then again you never know so Im in a bit of pickle.
Especially since I wanna apply for Economics with Finance at Uni and an A is desirable

What other subjects do you do?

If your willing to do the work then might as well for a better grade.
Original post by fefssdf
C2 is a really good module to pick because it contains stuff like differentiation and integration which is covered again in c3 and c4 so you should find that when it comes to sitting c2 again you won't have to do much revision for it

Yeah thats very true acutally. Never thought of that! Thanks!
Original post by MajorFader
What other subjects do you do?

History and Sociology (woulda done Economics if my sixth offered it)

If you feel that you will be able to keep up with A2 then I would recommend it, I retook C1 and it was a whole month before my A2 exams so it really did not affect my A2 exams, and besides after doing A2 you'll find C2 really quite simple.
Original post by RetroSpectro
If you feel that you will be able to keep up with A2 then I would recommend it, I retook C1 and it was a whole month before my A2 exams so it really did not affect my A2 exams, and besides after doing A2 you'll find C2 really quite simple.

I think I'll just be able to keep up lol and if it's a month for me too I think (and Im using the term loosely) Ill be okay

Quick Reply

Latest