The Student Room Group

Oily skin help

I have the oiliest skin ever and want to get rid of it (or at least reduce the oil production throughout the day). I used to have really bad acne but went to the doctor and I have relatively clear skin now. I wear makeup most days (don't tell me to stop wearing it since I'm still gonna wear makeup regardless) but find that halfway through the day my face is an oily mess. I moisturise my skin everyday and I apply powder on my face if I wear makeup. If anyone knows of anyways to reduce oil production then please leave a comment. Thanks
Original post by ilovepizza123456
I have the oiliest skin ever and want to get rid of it (or at least reduce the oil production throughout the day). I used to have really bad acne but went to the doctor and I have relatively clear skin now. I wear makeup most days (don't tell me to stop wearing it since I'm still gonna wear makeup regardless) but find that halfway through the day my face is an oily mess. I moisturise my skin everyday and I apply powder on my face if I wear makeup. If anyone knows of anyways to reduce oil production then please leave a comment. Thanks

dunno, i usually to leave my skin less dry and irratitive have a hot shower and shower in a comfortable cold for a minute or so
Well, since you don't want to stop wearing makeup, I guess I can't advise that BUT I also have really oily skin, and while I don't have a cure, I do know something which will decrease the amount of acne: eat less sugar, preferably none. A few years ago I would have been horrified by the idea, but it really helps with so many things; I'm very glad I did it. So just cut down the sugar intake:wink: It will work wonders.
If you want slightly easier solutions, I don't know of any which are better than that, but don't ever put soap on your face (you probably know that already) and, monthly, lather your face with a 1:2 mixture of baking soda and apple cider vinegar, then rinse off with lukewarm water. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 3
stop wearing make up
I have oily skin and primer is a miracle. It helps foundation apply a lot more smoothly and keeps it on for longer, I can definitely tell a difference when I don't wear it. You can get gel based ones which don't feel like you're adding another creamy product to your skin.
Original post by bones-mccoy
I have oily skin and primer is a miracle. It helps foundation apply a lot more smoothly and keeps it on for longer, I can definitely tell a difference when I don't wear it. You can get gel based ones which don't feel like you're adding another creamy product to your skin.

Omg what primer do you use? I recently bought the benefit porefessional primer and I'm really excited to use it tomorrow
Original post by Sayfi
stop wearing make up

You CLEARLY need to read before you reply
Reply 7
You CLEARLY need to read before you reply

I was only joking.... Have you tried going to body shop? I know someone who had the same problem as you and they went there and got some sort of cream. I don't know if it helped though.
You must use oil free face wash. Face washes remove excess oil from the skin. I would say Clean and clear face wash works great for acne prone or oily skin.
Always use oil free products and makeup. Use mineral makeup which is totally oil free.
Omg what primer do you use? I recently bought the benefit porefessional primer and I'm really excited to use it tomorrow

I've tried a few and they've been pretty decent.
Witch did a primer a few years ago that was really good, but they discontinued it. They now do a combined primer and clearing serum which looks okay. Rimmel's Match Perfection primer (blue one) and Lasting Finish (red one) are also good. At the moment I'm using one of Collection's primers, they do two illuminating one's for varying skin tones and one that has Witch anti-blemish properties, which is what I'm using. It really works well for me and it's only £4.99.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending