The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Is RBC spring insight only a single day? And no fast-track?
http://campus.rbccm.com/en/home/our-programs/unique-programs/spring-insight-uk/?tab=details

And could anyone elaborate if the test providers that Rothchild, UBS and Citi use are TalentQ, SHL and TalentQ?
(edited 7 years ago)

Yes it's only a day long and there is no fast-track onto their summer analyst programme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why don't banks automatically email you if you passed the tests or not?
I'm applying as well, doing statistics and economics. Not quite sure yet whether I'm set on banking or not. Is everyone here set on the banking path?
Hey guys, with banks like Morgan Stanley who just ask for a cover letter, how do you lay things out? And are we talking like 3-400 words?
Also, should we make it formal and address it to their office, or just "Dear Recruitment..."

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Why "X" Division
Why Morgan Stanley
Why My Skills/Experience will be good for finance
Original post by Quiet_Male
Hey guys, with banks like Morgan Stanley who just ask for a cover letter, how do you lay things out? And are we talking like 3-400 words?
Also, should we make it formal and address it to their office, or just "Dear Recruitment..."

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Why "X" Division
Why Morgan Stanley
Why My Skills/Experience will be good for finance

That's fine, just make sure to include very brief intro and outro paragraphs as well.

You could swap "Why MS" with "Skills/experience" as it's the more important section so the reader should read it before they start losing interest...
So I went down the rabbit hole and found this thread, what's it about? (I get that it's about investment banking but are you guys applying for jobs, summer placements etc. or have I missed the mark?)
Original post by Retrospectre
So I went down the rabbit hole and found this thread, what's it about? (I get that it's about investment banking but are you guys applying for jobs, summer placements etc. or have I missed the mark?)

"Spring Week 2017 Thread"

Posted from TSR Mobile
do barclays require a Cover Letter or questions? all i can see is a place to upload your cv (and potentially a cover letter, but it doesnt state whether it is required)? also, does ICAP require a cover letter or questions?
Original post by Sikhanddestroy
do barclays require a Cover Letter or questions? all i can see is a place to upload your cv (and potentially a cover letter, but it doesnt state whether it is required)? also, does ICAP require a cover letter or questions?

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1590
Does the Rothschild test increase in difficulty if you answer correctly?
Reply 1591
Original post by Trader07
I don´t know about that, but I took the test a few weeks ago and it was the hardest one

Have you done Nomura?
Original post by Retrospectre

Its about determining whether you're the right fit for oxford/cambridge by looking at your year 6 SAT's and GCSE grades
Reply 1593
Original post by Trader07
I don´t know about that, but I took the test a few weeks ago and it was the hardest one

I thought it was really easy the first 10/18 questions. But then it became harder and harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah the Barclays interview didn't work for me either, did any of you email them about it?
Reply 1595
Would you guys say that markets is a more competitive area than asset management when applying for a spring week? Or are they both similar in terms of competitiveness to get in. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BJA98
Would you guys say that markets is a more competitive area than asset management when applying for a spring week? Or are they both similar in terms of competitiveness to get in. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

But surely if everyone thought a particular division is easier and all switched to that division, then it's not going to be easier any more
So it doesn't matter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know if submitting cover letters as .docx i.e. from using a mac is okay? Just thought about the fact that all my documents for all my applications have been through my mac..
Reply 1598
Original post by Loolipoop
But surely if everyone thought a particular division is easier and all switched to that division, then it's not going to be easier any more
So it doesn't matter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope because technology/ops (mid/back office) are relatively much easier to get into than front office roles when applying as a graduate or even a summer internship and they have always been like that and will probably continue to.
Having said that, I was unsure if the same trend applied to spring weeks because from what I have heard everyone is together regardless of their chosen dept. which only matters at the end of the week when you have an opportunity to get a summer fast track. (But you could just change your dept. during the week and so now I might as well apply for a less competitive dept. and then say I want to go onto markets) if any one knows please let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1599
Original post by BJA98
Nope because technology/ops (mid/back office) are relatively much easier to get into than front office roles when applying as a graduate or even a summer internship and they have always been like that and will probably continue to.
Having said that, I was unsure if the same trend applied to spring weeks because from what I have heard everyone is together regardless of their chosen dept. which only matters at the end of the week when you have an opportunity to get a summer fast track. (But you could just change your dept. during the week and so now I might as well apply for a less competitive dept. and then say I want to go onto markets) if any one knows please let me know
Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think it works like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending