GCSEs were A*A*A*AAABBB the the Bs in english lit lang and resistant materials
Applied for maths with economics what are my chances like
Also go to a fairly average school which helps apparently
(edited 7 years ago)
Lots of people talking on this Facebook group :smile:

facebook.com/groups/152481561888778/
Reply 603
Original post by Fbiemad
It is just something to make applicants know whats going on and that their application is progressing. Some universities (e.g. UCL) just sends you an email saying they received your application and then they will never email you about your application until they make a decision. I personally like and prefer LSE's process. :smile:

Tbh I only got that and nothing else so far, no even the initial review thing, should I be worried?🙇😯 (Applied on the 21st)
Original post by jrcouchman

Also go to a fairly average school which helps apparently

It doesn't.
Original post by Fbiemad
It doesn't.

Shut down😂😂😂 no but really they don't care.
Original post by BECK!!
Tbh I only got that and nothing else so far, no even the initial review thing, should I be worried?🙇😯 (Applied on the 21st)

You only got what? The 8 week email?
As long as you get the 8 week email sometime, there is nothing to worry about. Don't stress out for these things too much :smile:. 8 week email is after the initial review email, so if you haven't received the initial review email, then even better for you as you skipped a step I guess.

Only the courses which require A* in Maths ask for your UMS in Maths and Further Maths, so maybe your course doesn't require it. Which course are you applying for?
Reply 607
Original post by Fbiemad
As long as you get the 8 week email sometime, there is nothing to worry about. Don't stress out for these things too much :smile:. 8 week email is after the initial review email, so if you haven't received the initial review email, then even better for you as you skipped a step I guess.

Only the courses which require A* in Maths ask for your UMS in Maths and Further Maths, so maybe your course doesn't require it. Which course are you applying for?

I only received the acknowledgement so far, I applied for management they only ask for an A in maths. Hopefully I can skip because tbh my ums was quite shit😓😓
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fbiemad
It doesn't.

Fair enough haha
Original post by Fbiemad

You seem to know a lot about this process haha, I havent been asked for my UMS yet? Is this something i should expect soon or is it only for some applicants?
Unconditional offer
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PostGrad221
Unconditional offer for politics.

Post-graduate or undergraduate?
When did they send you the offer? On Friday?
Original post by Fbiemad
Post-graduate or undergraduate?
When did they send you the offer? On Friday?

postgrad
You seem to know a lot about this process haha, I havent been asked for my UMS yet? Is this something i should expect soon or is it only for some applicants?

Got an email 3 weeks after applying saying my application was being passed on to the Admission officer of my programme... I dont know how it works for other programmes

If you apply for courses which require A* in Maths (e.g. BSc Economics), then they will send you an email asking you to fill in a form. This form will ask you about your Maths and Further Maths UMS in each unit and also the AS grade in your other subjects.

If your course doesnt ask for A* in Maths, then they wont ask you for your UMS grades in Maths and Further Maths.
Original post by Belcharlie
Got an email 3 weeks after applying saying my application was being passed on to the Admission officer of my programme... I dont know how it works for other programmes

Works similar for all courses. Some courses ask for your UMS before they give you that email (which people refer to it as the '8 weeks' email :biggrin:)
Original post by PostGrad221
postgrad

Congrats!
How come it is unconditional? If you dont mind telling, what university are you currently studying in?
Original post by Fbiemad
If you apply for courses which require A* in Maths (e.g. BSc Economics), then they will send you an email asking you to fill in a form. This form will ask you about your Maths and Further Maths UMS in each unit and also the AS grade in your other subjects.

If your course doesnt ask for A* in Maths, then they wont ask you for your UMS grades in Maths and Further Maths.

Ahh okay thanks, applied for maths with economics so I guess I should expect that email soon then
Original post by Fbiemad
Congrats!
How come it is unconditional? If you dont mind telling, what university are you currently studying in?

Rather not be too specific. Its russell group. Graduated already hence the unconditional.
i got email from LSE for further assessment but they asked me to take a test during early march as i am an indian and i am currently doing my 12th grade under the central board of secondary education. I guess i will only get my offer after that :frown: . If someone else got an email asked you to take a test by LSE,lets create a new thread for that one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest