The Student Room Group

Hair or no hair...down there? ;) (Guys opinions)

Hey guys,

So I've been thinking about getting laser hair removal or electrolysis hair removal which ultimately means there will be hardly any hair to no hair on the areas I decide to get either treatments on. Why I mainly want this is because of ingrown hairs. It's just ugly and painful so thought of just getting rid of the hairs or at least reducing it to the hairs being almost gone down there. I'm about to speak to a consultant but I need to make a decision on what bikini look I am going for. The two I am interested in is Hollywood and Brazilian. Hollywood is bare meaning no hair at all then Brazilian is a thin strap of hair going down the middle. This is going to sound stupid but my fear is removing all hair, then realising later on in life my husband loves his wife having some hair down there and me not being able to grow the hairs back again lol. I know it sounds dumb but I want him to be happy with what he sees though I haven't met "him" yet. I even told my mother this and my worries and she just laughed and said I should think about it. But I don't know.

Scroll to see replies

I'm a guy and to be honest sometimes it might be nice to have hair down there. It mixes things up a notch and could be fun.

Some folks might always want a smooth salt flat, but some people may want some rocks mixed in. I wouldn't go for something permanent. Even my lady friend thinks that although it may be nice for me (i'm a guy) to just have permanent hair removal down there, she also thinks that sometimes it might be cool to do things with hair and it might add new sensations in to the mix. It's an analogous thought seemingly enough.

At the end of the day, you should just ask him and see. If you prefer something, then do it. If it's all for him so to speak, see what he would like before hand.
I really like a bit of hair. in fact my preference is quite strong - I really don't like fully shaven. but then again, I don't like long and curly either.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

So I've been thinking about getting laser hair removal or electrolysis hair removal which ultimately means there will be hardly any hair to no hair on the areas I decide to get either treatments on. Why I mainly want this is because of ingrown hairs. It's just ugly and painful so thought of just getting rid of the hairs or at least reducing it to the hairs being almost gone down there. I'm about to speak to a consultant but I need to make a decision on what bikini look I am going for. The two I am interested in is Hollywood and Brazilian. Hollywood is bare meaning no hair at all then Brazilian is a thin strap of hair going down the middle. This is going to sound stupid but my fear is removing all hair, then realising later on in life my husband loves his wife having some hair down there and me not being able to grow the hairs back again lol. I know it sounds dumb but I want him to be happy with what he sees though I haven't met "him" yet. I even told my mother this and my worries and she just laughed and said I should think about it. But I don't know.

Have you tried waxing? It takes 4-6 weeks for the hair to grow back, so you'll be smooth until then.
I'm gonna vomit
Ingrown hairs aren't fun. Do whatever is best for you. Any worthwhile man will understand. My personal preference (I'm male) is less hair.
Trimming is usually best #Moooose
Reply 7
I'd prefer some hair though, if it was fully shaven then it would look like a child and I ain't into that.
Hey guys,

You're right. That does sounds stupid. :rofl:
Lol, you should do it for you-which I'm guessing you're not doing it for you-and, not because of what some randoms on TSR say.
(edited 7 years ago)
I even told my mother this and my worries and she just laughed and said I should think about it.

You discuss your pubes with your mother? :lolwut:
I'm not that fussy about it. Brazillian would probably give you the widest appeal I suppose but it's really a very minor thing so I wouldn't bother worrying. Go for what you prefer.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Lol, you should do it for you-which I'm guessing you're not doing it for you-and, not because of what some randoms on TSR say.

http://www.rapeutation.com/LetFireBurn.cov56%20(1).gif
Original post by mr T 999
Have you tried waxing? It takes 4-6 weeks for the hair to grow back, so you'll be smooth until then.

I have and it only caused more pain and ingrown hairs. Not to sound too gross but females with curly hair down there, the hairs tend to grow at different angles. I'd love waxing but the problem arises once the hairs grow back again. I've even tried hair removal cream and it was the same result. So the problem seems to be the hairs growing back which is why I'm looking for something permanent. It's such a shame that I can't have more options. I have the same issues with my armpits. The ingrown hairs only lead to blisters which makes me super insecure.
Original post by Davalla
You discuss your pubes with your mother? :lolwut:

Hell yeah lol she's my best friend. I even talk about contraceptives with her though I'm not having sex yet and not planning to soon. It's just good to know these things.
Thanks for your responses everyone. I think I'll go for Brazilian. But if the ingrown hairs are still causing a fuss even on those areas I may decide to take everything off later. Hopefully, my future husband wouldn't mind. Then if he does, I'd have to find fake ones to glue on or something hahaha :colondollar:
Thanks for your responses everyone. I think I'll go for Brazilian. But if the ingrown hairs are still causing a fuss even on those areas I may decide to take everything off later. Hopefully, my future husband wouldn't mind. Then if he does, I'd have to find fake ones to glue on or something hahaha :colondollar:

my GF does it and it always grows back just choose a good place LOL

His face is perfect for every situation. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
His face is perfect for every situation. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Petition to the CT to do Supreme emoticons :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by PrinceHarrys
Petition to the CT to do Supreme emoticons :rofl: :rofl:

I should do :rofl: :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending