The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trader07
Maybe I´m missing something, but normally you submit it as .pdf

Well it says you can submit it as a .doc, .txt, .pdf etc and i just submitted it as a word file, which is normally .doc on a windows pc but on a mac its changed for some reason to a .docx
Has everyone here who's done the tests for the likes of Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse, completed all the questions
What are you guys doing in the summer as a freshman?

Freshman? Thats a US term

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Retrospectre
So I went down the rabbit hole and found this thread, what's it about? (I get that it's about investment banking but are you guys applying for jobs, summer placements etc. or have I missed the mark?)

it's about spring week internship placements, where you spend a week at an investment bank and see the various areas, with a potential fast track to a summer internship.

i was in your exact same position whilst i was in year 13.. and now i'm in my final year at uni with an full-time grad offer in banking. if it interests you, i'd definately encourage further research and submitting an application.
Original post by BJA98
Would you guys say that markets is a more competitive area than asset management when applying for a spring week? Or are they both similar in terms of competitiveness to get in. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

they are both very competitive, the difference not having enough weight as a factor to consider when applying. apply to the one you're most interested, where you believe your skill set to be more suited.
This is an odd question, but I sent off my Barclays application and didn't realize that I was going to be required to do an online interview within 5 days. I'm really busy still applying for others banks and practicing numerical testing.

Any idea what happens if you wait longer than five days, you reckon the link would expire and I can just ask for a new one, or is that overly risky?
Also, can anyone confirm how long you get after applying to complete online testing for the following banks:

Credit Suisse
BAML
UBS
CitiBank

I've finished my applications but don't want to send them off yet as I'm worried they'll only give me 48 hours to practise for the tests.
Original post by Quiet_Male
Also, can anyone confirm how long you get after applying to complete online testing for the following banks:

Credit Suisse
BAML
UBS
CitiBank

I've finished my applications but don't want to send them off yet as I'm worried they'll only give me 48 hours to practise for the tests.

First two instantly
UBS speaking for myself within 24hrs
Citi pre-screen before sending applicants tests so literally takes ages

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also have a Mac and I changed it into a .pdf and would recommend you to do so as well..

Ive checked and a lot do accept word documents.. Others have automatically converted the file themselves and i have changed the ones i could to .pdf
This is an odd question, but I sent off my Barclays application and didn't realize that I was going to be required to do an online interview within 5 days. I'm really busy still applying for others banks and practicing numerical testing.

Any idea what happens if you wait longer than five days, you reckon the link would expire and I can just ask for a new one, or is that overly risky?

No idea why you wouldn't aim to finish it within the 5 days. I dont think anyone could speak from experience about not doing it. Don't risk it.
Original post by BGUK19
Ive checked and a lot do accept word documents.. Others have automatically converted the file themselves and i have changed the ones i could to .pdf

It really doesn't matter what OS you used to save a docx file. The docx format is a universal format that can be opened on any word processing software - tho of course pages can change the formatting a tad.

Source: CompSci student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you guys doing in the summer as a freshman?

Not quite sure yet, yourself?
sorry to bring up sth out of topic......

but....Princepieman is such a nice guy....a perfect boyfriend material? dont know why i have this kinda feeling.....ahhaahaha
Original post by h3110
Last year the first LSE offers I saw were in the first week of November, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few people per year get offers in late October.

Is LSE first come first serve?
Can be have a list of the banks which have:

a) started offering places

b) started interviewing

probs a withdrawal of your application.

doing other apps is not a valid reason to miss the deadline btw
What banks have people heard from so far?
Reply 1617
Just wondering, if they say you need to be on track for a 1:1 or 2:1 how would I know? I'm in my first year and don't have any indicators.

Also how many are you guys applying to?
If I apply to 14 then something is bound to clash?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bobb99998
Can be have a list of the banks which have:

a) started offering places

b) started interviewing

offers: BAML

interviews: BAML, UBS, ICAP

If we consider the posters reliable sources...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by usualsuspects
offers: BAML

interviews: BAML, UBS

If we consider the posters reliable sources...

Interviews: plus ICAP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending