The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BluntBluster
When did you get apply?? You were obviously an early applicant

My college sent my UCAS off on the 7th of October.

Original post by asinghj
Wow, well done you! I thought it would've been a straight rejection from Warwick... Do you think they would still give offers for other engineering courses with a chem eng PS?

Yes, I think so as long as your grades are superior to the standard requirement. Warwick has a fairly high offer rate for engineering courses so I don't see any problem in that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone get an offer from Aston?
Original post by Adnanchakra
Did anyone get an offer from Aston?

One lass at my school has, AAB
Original post by FusionNetworks
Just received an offer from Bath! Over the moon:biggrin:

Many congrats! When did you send your application if you don't mind me asking, and what are you predicted?
when will you people bombard our ACEX building lol
Original post by emduck
I have an offer from them too :smile:

what were your predictated grades
Original post by debs20153
what were your predictated grades

A*AA, offer given was AAA. :smile:
Original post by pusha a
Many congrats! When did you send your application if you don't mind me asking, and what are you predicted?

I sent mine of on the 13th of October. A*A*A (Fmath/chem./phys.) I already have an A* in A level maths.
Original post by lai812matthew
when will you people bombard our ACEX building lol

I will be there on the 7th of December! What year are you in now? I assume u are an Imperial chemical engineer...
Original post by FusionNetworks
I will be there on the 7th of December! What year are you in now? I assume u are an Imperial chemical engineer...

haha what year, find me in the department on that day if you could. I just wanna know the date to avoid the jam in LT1. (i.e. not turning up to lectures lol)
anyone had a loughborough interview? I have mine on the 16th nov and not really sure what to expect

ie don't take the course if you are unsure about it
For my AS I achieved AAAC in maths physics chemistry and f.maths respectively. I am currently taking maths physics and chemistry at A2 and im going for A*A*A* because why not. However I regret dropping further maths. I really want to enter my self as private candidate. Is this a bad idea
Original post by Chemgawd99
For my AS I achieved AAAC in maths physics chemistry and f.maths respectively. I am currently taking maths physics and chemistry at A2 and im going for A*A*A* because why not. However I regret dropping further maths. I really want to enter my self as private candidate. Is this a bad idea

you could enter yourself as private candidate doing both as and a2 further maths. it's not impossible, some schools do fm in a year. whether it's a bad idea or not depends on which uni are you aiming for. if you could achieve the same grades im A2 for AS there is no problem of having a place in this course, cuz u know some unis are super lenient lol
you could enter yourself as private candidate doing both as and a2 further maths. it's not impossible, some schools do fm in a year. whether it's a bad idea or not depends on which uni are you aiming for. if you could achieve the same grades im A2 for AS there is no problem of having a place in this course, cuz u know some unis are super lenient lol

Im applying for imperial (doubt I will get in anyways) Birmingham which I want to firm, Sheffield , Bradford and Nottingham (unsure about insurance).

I started A2 fmaths this year just out of wanting to do it. I got a C at AS because I failed D1 which im gonna retake. I just want 4A* :smile:
Original post by Chemgawd99
Im applying for imperial (doubt I will get in anyways) Birmingham which I want to firm, Sheffield , Bradford and Nottingham (unsure about insurance).

I started A2 fmaths this year just out of wanting to do it. I got a C at AS because I failed D1 which im gonna retake. I just want 4A* :smile:

the choices are sensible, if it's d1 that cause the problem, and you got solid As all over the board, then that would be alright. d1 is not maths anyway.
the choices are sensible, if it's d1 that cause the problem, and you got solid As all over the board, then that would be alright. d1 is not maths anyway.

yeah I got a in s2 and fp1 and a U in d1 lol so it averaged to a C. but I think I will give d1 another go alongside self teaching A2 modules. im just not sure how to enter
Hello everyone!!

I am at international student, and now I have to finalize my choice between Manchester, Edinburgh and Sheffield University for Chemical engineering the coming fall. I finished school and now have to decide between them. I am overseas and so cannot visit, so my question is: which of these has the best international reputation and which of these has the best reputation within the UK? Please don't base your answers on any rankings as I really don't trust them, at all. Thanks!
Original post by Karimbayoumi
Hello everyone!!

I am at international student, and now I have to finalize my choice between Manchester, Edinburgh and Sheffield University for Chemical engineering the coming fall. I finished school and now have to decide between them. I am overseas and so cannot visit, so my question is: which of these has the best international reputation and which of these has the best reputation within the UK? Please don't base your answers on any rankings as I really don't trust them, at all. Thanks!

Manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending