This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
Are we allowed to bagsy users?

Nope! They'll be chosen randomly :smile:

Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
I'm allergic to penicillin so please be careful which antibiotics you send me.

Will do :ninja: :tongue:

Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm up for this :smile: I'll PM you tomorrow with all the details you've asked for :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! Thanks :woo:
Original post by furryface12
Nope! They'll be chosen randomly :smile:

Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
I'm allergic to penicillin so please be careful which antibiotics you send me.

Why would we send penicillin? :tongue:

:xmasgrin: Secret santa time!! :xmasgrin:

It’s that time of year again! This takes a while to organise so thought we’d actually start at a sensible time this year, unlike my pathetic non-attempt at one last time!

The limit for this will be £5 so not to exclude anyone, this is a guide though so don’t worry about spending more or less- it’s the thought that counts! Obviously keep it sensible and within reason, I don’t want to get in trouble here :tongue: More on that in a couple of weeks though… International members are welcome, if you don’t want to or can’t send stuff abroad let me know. Same thing if people want to use collect plus to get things sent to a shop nearby rather than their home address :smile: Any other queries, let me know!

If you want to be involved, please PM me by Friday 18th November with:
:tree: Name (doesn’t have to be real, just one that’ll make it get to you!)
:tree: Address (inc. postcode)
:tree: Username of anyone you DO NOT want to be paired with, preferably with brief reason
:tree:Relevant allergies or things you particularly do not want to be given
:tree: Things you like! Favourite colour, items, sweets, animal etc
:tree: Anything else you think might be relevant that I’ve probably forgotten :colondollar:

Sorry if I've missed anyone from the quotes- don't think you're not welcome! Those who only post anonymously in here definitely won't be. If you've got one and don't know why just ignore me, sorry :lol:

Disclaimer: This is NOT an official TSR thing and anything is done at your own risk. Everything personal will be done by individual PM which I’ll delete when all presents have been sent, or at any other time you ask me.

Get PMing! :biggrin:

Spoiler

I'm in. I'm allergic to lavender and bassically half of boots though so I think bath / cosmetics are off the list... (although Lush is a brand I can use a lot off if anyone wants to go down that route. :ninja:)
Work went well tonight, which had put me in a slightly better mood, even if I am absolutely knackered, my stomach hurts, and eating is a challenge.
First time posting here, idk just felt like I'm a conflicted person here right now and so much is going on.
I kind of almost told my mum about my current issues. She was questioning my time at college and I just mentioned that I might be getting a mental health referral and that my tablets weren't working as well as they should be, or have been previously, and that they want to keep an eye out because problems run in my family. She didn't really ask any questions, so hopefully I can leave it at that. I wish she didn't know, but she'll only think of me as lazy and a skiver if I have to keep taking days off college
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I kind of almost told my mum about my current issues. She was questioning my time at college and I just mentioned that I might be getting a mental health referral and that my tablets weren't working as well as they should be, or have been previously, and that they want to keep an eye out because problems run in my family. She didn't really ask any questions, so hopefully I can leave it at that. I wish she didn't know, but she'll only think of me as lazy and a skiver if I have to keep taking days off college

:hugs: I know the feeling, I had a similar situation with my granny during my A2s. Daddy and me didn't want her to know (she's really involved in our lives), but because I kept getting ill at school due to medication and stuff, and Daddy kept having to collect me and leave her, she had to be told, and it was probably the worst decision in the end. (Long story).

Only tell your mum the necessary, need to know stuff :hugs: I'm sure she will understand.

Original post by Rhythmical
First time posting here, idk just felt like I'm a conflicted person here right now and so much is going on.

:hugs: Hello! Welcome to MHSS. :h: What's up?
Original post by Airmed
:hugs: I know the feeling, I had a similar situation with my granny during my A2s. Daddy and me didn't want her to know (she's really involved in our lives), but because I kept getting ill at school due to medication and stuff, and Daddy kept having to collect me and leave her, she had to be told, and it was probably the worst decision in the end. (Long story).

Only tell your mum the necessary, need to know stuff :hugs: I'm sure she will understand.

:hugs: Hello! Welcome to MHSS. :h: What's up?

:hello: I can't believe I've never posted in here, but I guess falling the downfalls of my mental health recently and life, felt like maybe I should start to talk to people in a similar boat to me
:hello: I can't believe I've never posted in here, but I guess falling the downfalls of my mental health recently and life, felt like maybe I should start to talk to people in a similar boat to me

You're very welcome to post here as little or as much as you like! We're all a very supportive bunch, and we're all happy to listen to each other and offer advice to the best of our abilities :hugs:

Airmed's said it all but just wanted to say hi :wavey: :hi: :wavey:

I'm TLG, resident goatherd and golden oldie :shakecane: :musicus: :shakecane:

Sorry to read that things are not great for you atm :frown: We're here to help if we can, and to listen :yes:

:xmasgrin: Secret santa time!! :xmasgrin:

It’s that time of year again! This takes a while to organise so thought we’d actually start at a sensible time this year, unlike my pathetic non-attempt at one last time!

The limit for this will be £5 so not to exclude anyone, this is a guide though so don’t worry about spending more or less- it’s the thought that counts! Obviously keep it sensible and within reason, I don’t want to get in trouble here :tongue: More on that in a couple of weeks though… International members are welcome, if you don’t want to or can’t send stuff abroad let me know. Same thing if people want to use collect plus to get things sent to a shop nearby rather than their home address :smile: Any other queries, let me know!

If you want to be involved, please PM me by Friday 18th November with:
:tree: Name (doesn’t have to be real, just one that’ll make it get to you!)
:tree: Address (inc. postcode)
:tree: Username of anyone you DO NOT want to be paired with, preferably with brief reason
:tree:Relevant allergies or things you particularly do not want to be given
:tree: Things you like! Favourite colour, items, sweets, animal etc
:tree: Anything else you think might be relevant that I’ve probably forgotten :colondollar:

Sorry if I've missed anyone from the quotes- don't think you're not welcome! Those who only post anonymously in here definitely won't be. If you've got one and don't know why just ignore me, sorry :lol:

Disclaimer: This is NOT an official TSR thing and anything is done at your own risk. Everything personal will be done by individual PM which I’ll delete when all presents have been sent, or at any other time you ask me.

Get PMing! :biggrin:

:adore: :ahee: :party: :banana: :macarena: :ymca: :danceboy: :nutcase: :woo: :yeah: :excited: :yay: :pierre:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I'm TLG, resident goatherd and golden AWESOMENESS :shakecane: :musicus: :shakecane:

Fixed that for you. :h:
Original post by Airmed
Fixed that for you. :h:

:fan: :gah: :lovehug:

:colondollar:
Original post by Airmed

Sorry to hear that :frown: My mum is very involved with my brother's health and care and while he needs her, ahe gets very emotional and often gets things wrong but won't admit it, and takes everything very personally. She even got herself sectioned over it once and I just don't have it in me to deal with that. Not to mention, she doesn't know when to turn it off and can end up controlling everything. Generally, she doesn't tend to believe in any of my health or mental health conditions so I keep her as out of it as I can. I'm hoping it can stay as need to know :hugs:

:grouphugs: Hi :smile: Always here for a chat or a listening ear :hugs:
Yay for secret santa :smile: will pm with details.

Feeling bit Christmassy today because I bought bunch of gifts for my nephew. Heard first Xmas songs in a shop too.

Meds making my mouth drier than the desert and bit agitated but more focussed. Able to do something other than colouring.

Hope you're a all having a good Sunday and hugs for those that needn't them xxxxx
Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm in. I'm allergic to lavender and bassically half of boots though so I think bath / cosmetics are off the list... (although Lush is a brand I can use a lot off if anyone wants to go down that route. :ninja:)

Will put that in when I'm on my laptop! Still need your address and stuff at some point though :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:adore: :ahee: :party: :banana: :macarena: :ymca: :danceboy: :nutcase: :woo: :yeah: :excited: :yay: :pierre:

:excited:

Got PMs and quotes coming out of my ears, bare with me! Will get to you all eventually :colondollar:

@Rhythmical welcome! Come do secret santa :ninja: sorry you're not feeling great at the minute though :hugs:
Had a really brilliant day but now brain just wants to cry and I don't know why. :frown: :sad:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Had a really brilliant day but now brain just wants to cry and I don't know why. :frown: :sad:

:jumphug:

Latest