The Student Room Group

Anywhere I can find A level evening classes (London)?

Hi there my current sixth form won't let me take A level maths (I met the entry requirements but they won't let me...) but I really need it for the degree (Economics or Computer Science) I want to take so I was thinking of doing evening classes for maths. If you know anywhere in London (preferably East) can you please comment, thanks.
Go to a different sixth form maybe? Either that or contest the decision of your current sixth form not to allow you to take mathematics. What's their reason exactly?
Original post by jumpman123
Hi there my current sixth form won't let me take A level maths (I met the entry requirements but they won't let me...) but I really need it for the degree (Economics or Computer Science) I want to take so I was thinking of doing evening classes for maths. If you know anywhere in London (preferably East) can you please comment, thanks.

I'm currently teaching myself A Level Maths. I'm using the CGP book and I would 10/10 recommend just learning from the textbook.

If there's videos that you'd like to watch to perhaps explain some topics a little better, there's a maths teacher on YouTube called Jack Brown. He's absolutely fantastic at simplifying Maths so that you can understand it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Go to a different sixth form maybe? Either that or contest the decision of your current sixth form not to allow you to take mathematics. What's their reason exactly?

I really have no idea, they also rejected me from physics even though I had exceeded the entry requirements, I've already tried 10 other sixth forms, all of which are full :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by nemanuel96
I'm currently teaching myself A Level Maths. I'm using the CGP book and I would 10/10 recommend just learning from the textbook.

If there's videos that you'd like to watch to perhaps explain some topics a little better, there's a maths teacher on YouTube called Jack Brown. He's absolutely fantastic at simplifying Maths so that you can understand it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would enter the exam as I doubt my school would enter me into the AS exam
I really have no idea, they also rejected me from physics even though I had exceeded the entry requirements, I've already tried 10 other sixth forms, all of which are full :frown:

:lolwut:

Demand a proper explanation or else this is gross misconduct on their part!
How would enter the exam as I doubt my school would enter me into the AS exam

Find an exam centre, I've done it and so have many others. Campbell Harris (Kensington) are doing £60 per a Maths exam unit (Cash-in is £20 so all in all £380). Prices will rise 9th of December though.

I'm also teaching myself Physics too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest