The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If the rumours are correct and Mourinho is stripping out all the players that won't give 100% for him and/or the badge, then I'll back him all the way.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
If the rumours are correct and Mourinho is stripping out all the players that won't give 100% for him and/or the badge, then I'll back him all the way.

Tbh he is right to call out Smalling and Shaw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37891986

I think its no surprise with Smalling that he is not at the level required. But with Shaw you get the sense that he is overhyped and he believes in his own hype. I don't think his ceiling is great at all, just another average Southampton academy product like the rest of them (Except Bale). I just really don't like the look of Luke Shaw, he seems to be quite an unpleasant young man.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Fingers crossed. I would love for Mourinho to get rid of the deadwood.

It's about time someone did it and at least he's got the balls to do it.

Young, Carrick(don't say he should stay because like Rooney he's slowly declining), Rooney, Fellaini, Jones, Rojo, Memphis, Smalling, Blind

All of them out....then do a Pep and rebuild with fresh young good potential. Players like Aurier, Griezmann etc.

Bring fear into teams again :lol:
Original post by trapking
Fingers crossed. I would love for Mourinho to get rid of the deadwood.

It's about time someone did it and at least he's got the balls to do it.

Young, Carrick(don't say he should stay because like Rooney he's slowly declining), Rooney, Fellaini, Jones, Rojo, Memphis, Smalling, Blind

All of them out....then do a Pep and rebuild with fresh young good potential. Players like Aurier, Griezmann etc.

Bring fear into teams again :lol:

Can we have him please?
Original post by James.Carnell
Can we have him please?

Sure! You can have him.

He's **** anyway but better than Ox for you guys :rofl:
Long term i would actually get rid of Zlatan and get Aubemayang.

I can actually see Aurier coming to Utd soon....and Aubemayang too! Quote me when it happens <3

Aurier on the right and Shaw on the left is the future >>>
(edited 7 years ago)
motd tonight :smile:

I can actually see Aurier coming to Utd soon....and Aubemayang too! Quote me when it happens <3

Tk pls - there's no reason he'd join your club unless you did something huge this season.
Hell, we're more likely to sign him than you are...

remove zlatan and put martial in his natural position
Sure! You can have him.

He's **** anyway but better than Ox for you guys :rofl:

With Depay, he actually has the technique and looks like he has an instinctive feel for his surroundings on the pitch. Whereas Ox just doesn't look or think.

Wenger can make Depay world class.

I would actually trade Ramsey for Depay. But that is just me.
Original post by That Bearded Man
The odds on Jones getting injured during the match? Calling it now, he'll be off by half time.

Where the **** is Mkhi?

According to some sources he is not trusted by mou for his weak mentality he showed at the manchester derby
Original post by Lúcio
Tk pls - there's no reason he'd join your club unless you did something huge this season.

Don't underestimate Man Utds pulling power!

A lot of players know that we are in a rebuilding process and very soon we will be back to the top...just not this season! The first job Mourinho needs to do is get us to top 4 and then sell this deadwood ASAP (hopefully one or two are going in January).
With Depay, he actually has the technique and looks like he has an instinctive feel for his surroundings on the pitch. Whereas Ox just doesn't look or think.

I think what will happen with Depay will be very similar to what happened to Kevin De Bryune. To be fair me calling him **** is probably an unfair thing to say given he hasn't had much game time + his confidence is severely down...so it's a bit understandable why he's performing bad.

He will get sold to some club and he's going to become very good! He needs to leave Utd to save his career though that's for sure he's not getting any game time.
Original post by Lúcio

Even if we miss top 4 and you win the league you still won't be able to compete for the top dollar players lel
Depay will be a wonderful player, hasn't quite kicked off but a solid signing IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

depay can be world class but needs the right manager to guide him. I dont tihnk mou is the man he worries too much about trust and making his circle of preferred players.
Lol pep may go for him - that would be a big twist in the transfer
Original post by bigmansouf
depay can be world class but needs the right manager to guide him. I dont tihnk mou is the man he worries too much about trust and making his circle of preferred players.
Lol pep may go for him - that would be a big twist in the transfer

not when they have sterling! Pep really likes Sterling. Totally different player under Guardiola has had an impressive season so far :smile:

I think a german team or italian team will take Depay. Mourinho seems not to favour him
Original post by Dirtybit
Even if we miss top 4 and you win the league you still won't be able to compete for the top dollar players lel

We don't need to though - Klopp is a manager that develops players such as Lewandowski and - to an extent - Aubameyang too.

We don't spend obscene amount of money hoping it'll paper over the cracks, we spend medium amounts on a player and integrate them in to our system. Lallana at £25m is more valuable than any player in your squad right now.
Don't underestimate Man Utds pulling power!

A lot of players know that we are in a rebuilding process and very soon we will be back to the top...just not this season! The first job Mourinho needs to do is get us to top 4 and then sell this deadwood ASAP (hopefully one or two are going in January).

A player like Aubameyang can pick and choose where he wants to go, and there's absolutely no reason why he'd go to United unless you make some spectacular changes this season (which is possible).

Honestly your pulling power is more about you being content spending laughable amounts of money on fees and wages nowadays.
Original post by Lúcio
A player like Aubameyang can pick and choose where he wants to go, and there's absolutely no reason why he'd go to United unless you make some spectacular changes this season (which is possible).

Honestly your pulling power is more about you being content spending laughable amounts of money on fees and wages nowadays.

and the fact that we are one of the biggest clubs in the world that many players dream of playing for....

No one really "dreams" of playing for Liverpool let's be honest. You're a small club :wink:

Latest