The Student Room Group

Glasgow Uni Dentistry Applicants 2017 entry

hi just wondering who's applied to Glasgow Uni for dentistry , thought i should start a thread since no one seems to have so far
Reply 1
Original post by erin___
I did! Where else did you apply to?

dundee, bristol, sheffield and strathclyde(pharmacy) you?
Reply 2
Original post by erin___
Quite similar to you, Dundee, Newcastle, QMUL and strathclyde for pharmacy

how did the ukcat go for you? might didn't go as planned and i scored just below average so don't think i have such a strong chance for scottish universities
Reply 3
Original post by erin___
Same with me, I scored just on the average. What uni are you hoping to go to?

either dundee or glasgow , but tbh anywhere would be great. you?
i was also wondering if you've received any forms from unis you need to fill in? some of my friends who have applied to medicine have been asked to send passport copies etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by erin___
Any of the scottish ones would be ideal but I'm not that bothered. No i've not received anything except confirmation emails and a few emails from Dundee

are you currently in high school or are you a postgrad/ re-applicant
Reply 5
Original post by erin___
I'm still in high school, how about you?

still in high school. i was wondering if anyone else in your school has applied for dentistry as i am the only one in mine
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by erin___
Same with me, there is a couple of people that applied for medicine. What advanced highers are you doing?

adv Bio and Chem , you?
Reply 7
I applied to glasgow :biggrin: though i live in london...
Reply 8
Original post by 123chem
I applied to glasgow :biggrin: though i live in london...

oh wow, Glasgow seems to be very popular this year
Reply 9
Original post by Edwardk1
oh wow, Glasgow seems to be very popular this year

But im the only won applying to glasgow in our school (out of 6/7 dental apps). Hopefully i get an interview ^^ It's my second choice atm, after kings.
Reply 10
Original post by 123chem
But im the only won applying to glasgow in our school (out of 6/7 dental apps). Hopefully i get an interview ^^ It's my second choice atm, after kings.

you heard from anywhere yet?
Glasgow do MMI type interviews but the university hasn't provided any other information than that,
If your looking for some mock questions to go over or to prepair for then you can use applyingfordent's page http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk/before-attending.html or https://www.studential.com/university/applying/UCAS-application-guide/interviews/dentistry-questions
Original post by Edwardk1
you heard from anywhere yet?

nope
I've applied to Glasgow, as well as Manchester University.
Does anyone know the minimum grades for highers in dentistry (I know I shouldn't be aiming for the minimum grades)?

Quick Reply

Latest