The Student Room Group

I like someone online

I've been so frustrated with guys in real life being dickheads to me. I just found people in general as too much of an effort so I resorted to the online world.

Now I'm talking to a guy on Twitter and I'm interested in him. He seems like a sweet guy. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Now I'm talking to a guy on Twitter and I'm interested in him. He seems like a sweet guy. What should I do?

Kill him.
I've been so frustrated with guys in real life being dickheads to me. I just found people in general as too much of an effort so I resorted to the online world.

Do you know where he lives? Not that that should matter, long distance is okay! And keep talking to him, there's no reason not to 😊
Reply 3
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
Do you know where he lives? Not that that should matter, long distance is okay! And keep talking to him, there's no reason not to 😊

Yep, but he lives 9000 miles away. :frown:
Yep, but he lives 9000 miles away. :frown:

If you both really like each other then the distance is worth it - especially if theres no one nearby who you like
Hey, I met my lady on a Minecraft server. 2.5 years going on 3 so far. Anything is possible, but I would recommend getting to know anyone you meet online first.
Reply 6
If you both really like each other then the distance is worth it - especially if theres no one nearby who you like

So should I really be getting on a plane and traveling 9000 miles?
Reply 7

Are you serious? They've never even met. Would be different if they knew each other in real life first. 9000 miles is the distance between UK and Australia. They shouldn't rely on this person alone. Long distance requires a lot of discipline, the OP may be fine with it but will the guy?
Original post by Callicious
Hey, I met my lady on a Minecraft server. 2.5 years going on 3 so far. Anything is possible, but I would recommend getting to know anyone you meet online first.

congrats and yh get to know the person 1st your right
Reply 9
When one says what should I do... It seems open ended.
But I'm guessing you are asking whether you should attempt 'acting' upon your feels

and I'll say go for it...
YOLO in the end :redface: Amirite :ahee:
Tell him you're actually a guy in real life and see how he reacts.
Reply 11
I think that 9000 miles might be a little too much. You should maybe start by knowing the person first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well your problem is that you're actively pursueing a relationship just for the sake of it. Making 'being in a relationship' your goal is pretty silly, you should focus on yourself and along the way you'll meet the right one.
So should I really be getting on a plane and traveling 9000 miles?

No ... get to know him first, Skype or facetime is good etc and see if you really develop feelings

Getting on a plane can come later
Original post by UWS
Are you serious? They've never even met. Would be different if they knew each other in real life first. 9000 miles is the distance between UK and Australia. They shouldn't rely on this person alone. Long distance requires a lot of discipline, the OP may be fine with it but will the guy?

I have no idea what stage they're at, whether they're both interested in a relationship or not. But if they both are willing to make it work then why not?
Reply 15
If he asks for money - RUN!
Original post by Allie4
If he asks for money - RUN!

He won't. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending