The Student Room Group

Manchester University A100 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DocPK
yes ikr, so annoying! hopefully our UKCAT and form will be enough. I really hope I get in

Same 😭 is Manchester your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
Tell me about bio I hate making revision notes for it as they take so long, the closest thing I've found is the CGP books for bio

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can anybody recommend good resources for Bio?
What exam board??

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCR biology
Reply 304
Same 😭 is Manchester your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably not as I haven't really seen it, they do pbl and don't wanna end up in Preston.

But I'd rather have the flexibikities of more than 1 uni giving me an offer tbh.

Wbu
Original post by DocPK
Probably not as I haven't really seen it, they do pbl and don't wanna end up in Preston.

But I'd rather have the flexibikities of more than 1 uni giving me an offer tbh.

Wbu

It's my first choice - it's like an hour away from where I live and I loved the uni and medical school when I went to their open day :smile:
Yeah I agree! Like I'd love to go St George's however I'd have to sort out so much more money for that because i don't think my loans would cover everything and you know how expensive London is anyway. So that's why it would be good for me to go to Manchester/Liverpool in terms of money and location.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's my first choice - it's like an hour away from where I live and I loved the uni and medical school when I went to their open day :smile:
Yeah I agree! Like I'd love to go St George's however I'd have to sort out so much more money for that because i don't think my loans would cover everything and you know how expensive London is anyway. So that's why it would be good for me to go to Manchester/Liverpool in terms of money and location.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am the opposite, I live just outside London and want to be as far as possible from my parents
Original post by SarahCroydon
I am the opposite, I live just outside London and want to be as far as possible from my parents

Trust me I want to live far away from home but I don't want to have to pay £80+ for train tickets all the time😂, Manchester costs me £20 return so it means I could come home every holiday and hopefully see my boyfriend/family quite often. 1 hour away is far away enough though for me😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 308

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idm leicester or manchester even though they are far away as it will be relatively cheaper then london. Its just i dont want to end up in preston if most of my friends stay in manchester. But things may change and i might end up preferring manchester.

I just want to get offers and most importantly my a levels. Will have to stay highly motivated throughout they year. Greys anatomy should do the trick
Reply 309

I live in NW London but really dont mind if I end up in London or outside, quite flexible in that way.
Did tell my parents tho that im defo living out first year no matter what lol

What unis did you apply to
Trust me I want to live far away from home but I don't want to have to pay £80+ for train tickets all the time😂, Manchester costs me £20 return so it means I could come home every holiday and hopefully see my boyfriend/family quite often. 1 hour away is far away enough though for me😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not hoping to go home that often - hoping to have a new life, new part time job to support my finances and find a new man too!
I'm not hoping to go home that often - hoping to have a new life, new part time job to support my finances and find a new man too!

New part time job you're asking for a bit😂 so many people have told me there's no time to have one. Maybe if you join the student team or whatever and help out the uni! no idea how I will have enough money ngl 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DocPK
Idm leicester or manchester even though they are far away as it will be relatively cheaper then london. Its just i dont want to end up in preston if most of my friends stay in manchester. But things may change and i might end up preferring manchester.

I just want to get offers and most importantly my a levels. Will have to stay highly motivated throughout they year. Greys anatomy should do the trick

😂 I don't watch greys anatomy do you think I should get started?😉 a levels worry me so much im so scared in case I get an offer and then in the end don't meet it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
😂 I don't watch greys anatomy do you think I should get started?😉 a levels worry me so much im so scared in case I get an offer and then in the end don't meet it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would just concentrate on A levels
I would just concentrate on A levels

I can't revise 24/7 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not 24/7 but I find watching stuff on TV takes more time than planned - I cant get back into studying if I stop to watch TV

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't stress; that's the worst case scenario but even that's not that bad....I should know I've lived through it. Had a place at Bristol (which I didn't actually like but applied as I was likely to get in) and missed a grade due to medical issues during my a levels. Ended up going and doing a Biomed degree and here I am, more mature, with a kickass degree and the choice of more Unis and this time I actually know what I'm doing. Plus I've LOVED my degree....meant that I could enjoy uni and have fun the first time round before having to get serious, and it's solidified the fact I actually want to do med. so don't stress; am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and while it might be the end of the world at the time, it's really not in the grand scheme of things ☺️☺️
Original post by greenfeather
Don't stress; that's the worst case scenario but even that's not that bad....I should know I've lived through it. Had a place at Bristol (which I didn't actually like but applied as I was likely to get in) and missed a grade due to medical issues during my a levels. Ended up going and doing a Biomed degree and here I am, more mature, with a kickass degree and the choice of more Unis and this time I actually know what I'm doing. Plus I've LOVED my degree....meant that I could enjoy uni and have fun the first time round before having to get serious, and it's solidified the fact I actually want to do med. so don't stress; am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and while it might be the end of the world at the time, it's really not in the grand scheme of things ☺️☺️

That is so inspirational to hear about your journey. Only problem is not everyone has the resilience to do an extra three years

Original post by greenfeather

Aw you are so wonderful! I'm in a similar place to you in terms of medical issues like I have an operation next Monday so when I say I worry about my alevels people don't really understand the extent of it. I'm so happy for you 😘 where have you applied this year then? Also have you found funding hard (in terms of loans) because that's the only thing scaring me about going down the degree route!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is so inspirational to hear about your journey. Only problem is not everyone has the resilience to do an extra three years

I would have said the same about myself but honestly you surprise yourself with what you can do...plus it was by far the best option at the time. You can re-sit and apply to Unis to consider you because of exceptional circumstances but it's a case by case basis and quite difficult to persuade them to do. Plus for me, the idea of staying at home while all my friends went off to uni was just horrific but that's just me. So it was do a degree or get a job so yeah uni won out 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending