The Student Room Group

Tattoos: yay or nay?

Poll

Tattoos: yay or nay?

Tattoos are a bit like Marmite, people tend to love them or hate them. Which side are you on, and why? Do you have a tattoo, or do you want one? What of? Post a photo below of yours or of one you would want!

In general, I'm not a fan of tattoos at all. I'd never get one personally, but I do see ones now and then which I really appreciate and think are beautiful. I love watching Tattoo Fixers, to see how they can go horribly wrong, but also how pretty they can make them. I think if I could have one which wasn't permanent and change it when I wanted, I would be more likely to get one, it's the permanent side of them which puts me off. I saw this elephant family tattoo on Tattoo Fixers which I thought was pretty awesome:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

I'd never get one but I often think they look good on other people. So similar to you, I suppose.
got a forehead tattoo. I really regret it. At least i can't see it.
Reply 3
I'm all for tattoos, both in terms of me myself getting one and I'm fine with others having them.

Some tattoos really are like a work of art but some do look cheap and tacky, I won't lie but if that's what the person wanted then as long as they are happy with it then that's all that matters.

I wouldn't ever get a tattoo on a highly visible place such as my knuckles, face or neck but would definitely get one done in the future. I've had designs planned out for a few for years but my panic attacks stop me from getting one done. I'm terrified I take a huge panic attack in the chair and then I leave the shop with it half done :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm all for tattoos, both in terms of me myself getting one and I'm fine with others having them.

Some tattoos really are like a work of art but some do look cheap and tacky, I won't lie but if that's what the person wanted then as long as they are happy with it then that's all that matters.

I wouldn't ever get a tattoo on a highly visible place such as my knuckles, face or neck but would definitely get one done in the future. I've had designs planned out for a few for years but my panic attacks stop me from getting one done. I'm terrified I take a huge panic attack in the chair and then I leave the shop with it half done :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe get a small one to begin with,see how you feel?
Im for tattoos but only if they look good. The tacky ones make me want to vomit
Reply 6
Original post by cupcakes87
Maybe get a small one to begin with,see how you feel?

Yeah that's my plan :smile: I'm gonna wait til after my wedding next year though since every penny I have is pretty much going towards that :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

I tend to like those that have meaning though, but some tattoos are simply too beautiful to argue with
Yeah that's my plan :smile: I'm gonna wait til after my wedding next year though since every penny I have is pretty much going towards that :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

awww! im so excited for you! you and your fiance are goals! :love: whens the wedding? :ahee:
Reply 9
Original post by cupcakes87
awww! im so excited for you! you and your fiance are goals! :love: whens the wedding? :ahee:

We moved it up from our tenth anniversary to July next year :love:
We moved it up from our tenth anniversary to July next year :love:

summer wedding! :love: :love: youre gonna look gorgeoussss!!!! :heart:
The plan is that I want to get a second one, probably cloud related :ahee:
Original post by Slowbro93
The plan is that I want to get a second one, probably cloud related :ahee:

You already have one? I'm not sure I knew this! What is it of? :colone:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
You already have one? I'm not sure I knew this! What is it of? :colone:

I thought you did :tongue:

It's of a crescent moon :h: I basically like science tattoos :ahee: I was planning on getting a gaming tattoo but opted for not getting it in the end
Nope

99.9% of the time a tattoo is meaningless and looks horrible. unless your tattoo really has meaning and not just oh my mum died or I like butterflies.
It has to be something related to war or something really serious.
and also not on the hands face chest or legs.

most tattoos are horrible
Original post by AperfectBalance
Nope

99.9% of the time a tattoo is meaningless and looks horrible. unless your tattoo really has meaning and not just oh my mum died or I like butterflies.
It has to be something related to war or something really serious.
and also not on the hands face chest or legs.

most tattoos are horrible

Agreed.
Original post by Slowbro93
I thought you did :tongue:

It's of a crescent moon :h: I basically like science tattoos :ahee: I was planning on getting a gaming tattoo but opted for not getting it in the end

Maybe I did, we know what my memory is like :tongue:

Ooh pretty - science is awesome. How come? Want to continue the science theme instead?

I definitely prefer the idea of tattoos on other people instead of on myself, I just wouldn't suit them :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay! I am really quite picky though :laugh: I'm getting one on Dec 4th :biggrin:
I like tattoos and want some in the future.
I want sleeves on both arms and for it to blend into one on my upper back :biggrin:
Also going onto the backs of my hands.

Maybe on my chest too.

So yeah I like them and like it when others have them :biggrin:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Maybe I did, we know what my memory is like :tongue:

Ooh pretty - science is awesome. How come? Want to continue the science theme instead?

I definitely prefer the idea of tattoos on other people instead of on myself, I just wouldn't suit them :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed :tongue:

I find that all my of significant moments in life are science related, so I like to tell a story with that :smile: However, I want to wait a year before I decide if I want another one :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest