The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Would people reneg a Barc S&T SA offer for a JPM markets offer? Signed Barc contract off the back of SW earlier this yea
How bad really is it??
Rejection from GS. I guess they are sending massive amount of rejection email from this week on
Reply 5222
Original post by skywalker94
Rejection from GS. I guess they are sending massive amount of rejection email from this week on

Anyone else?
Just received this email from RBC:
"Thank you for your application for the RBC Capital Markets 2017 Summer Intern - Global Investment Banking Programme. We have now reviewed your application, and you are now under consideration for a first round telephone interview. Should you be successful in securing a telephone interview, this will likely take place during the next 4 6 weeks."

I finished the tests on saturday and I was sent this just after "Our team will now review your test results, CV and application form. We will endeavour to respond to you within 3 working days of your receipt of this email."

Did anyone receive the same? What does it mean?
Original post by jumper93
"Thank you for your application for the RBC Capital Markets 2017 Summer Intern - Global Investment Banking Programme. We have now reviewed your application, and you are now under consideration for a first round telephone interview. Should you be successful in securing a telephone interview, this will likely take place during the next 4 6 weeks."

I finished the tests on saturday and I was sent this just after "Our team will now review your test results, CV and application form. We will endeavour to respond to you within 3 working days of your receipt of this email."

You have passed the tests and they will decide whether they want to give you an interview.
Guys, I had a Citi IB phone interview for grad last Wednesday. I havent heard anything back yet, how long does it usually take? HR havent got back to me but one of my interviewers offered to go for coffee. It could be awkward if I go and still haven't received a response, or worst yet I get a rejection
Does anyone has Barclays HR recruitment email ? It has been almost a month since I completed business insight 2 and I am still yet to hear from them about the outcome. Is anyone of you in the same situation ?

Sorry to hear that, man! Best of luck for your other apps though :smile:
What division was this for and was this post video interview?
Original post by Boppity Boo
Sorry to hear that, man! Best of luck for your other apps though :smile:
What division was this for and was this post video interview?

ops grad. Nope didnt get the video interview
Original post by Luc123456
Guys, I had a Citi IB phone interview for grad last Wednesday. I havent heard anything back yet, how long does it usually take? HR havent got back to me but one of my interviewers offered to go for coffee. It could be awkward if I go and still haven't received a response, or worst yet I get a rejection

I think Citi IBD grad is full..
Original post by niasem
URGENT!! Have an SA offer from a Balance Sheet Bank and signed it on Friday, however today I received an invite for an SA AC in a BB. How rude would it be to go back on my previous offer if I were to receive one from the BB?

I would also be of the opinion that this is fine as long as there is a significant difference between the banks in question. i.e. declining BAML for JPM would not be considered wise but declining Nomura for BAML is fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CAulet567
Would people reneg a Barc S&T SA offer for a JPM markets offer? Signed Barc contract off the back of SW earlier this yea
How bad really is it??

Go for JPM, I would.

Outside of a 30 minute annoyance for HR, no one will remember or give a **** within two days.

You must remember you are one of literally hundreds of candidates they deal with. They have plans, waiting lists and processes in place for dealing with it. You have to do what is best for yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Luc123456

I have also heard that Citi IBD Grad is full...They might put you on hold or some sort of waiting list.

Go for the coffee anyway even if it is a reject, it will help you if you need to apply next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone has Barclays HR recruitment email ? It has been almost a month since I completed business insight 2 and I am still yet to hear from them about the outcome. Is anyone of you in the same situation ?

In the same situation
How long after telephone interview do MS generally get back to you?
Original post by jumper93

I had this but they didn't get back about AC for roughly 2 weeks. I emailed them and then they invited me to an AC.
Original post by olly_price
I had this but they didn't get back about AC for roughly 2 weeks. I emailed them and then they invited me to an AC.

So you received it after the telephone interview, didn't you?
Reply 5238
Would you take a guaranteed graduate job in Global Markets at Deutsche Bank (converted from summer) or another summer internship at either Nomura or HSBC in M&A?
Original post by AbsurdBanana
How long after telephone interview do MS generally get back to you?

From experience last year, anywhere from a couple of days to two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending