The Student Room Group

Being kicked out of home :(

Hi I'm new here. I live in the UK and my dad is again threatening to kick me out of the home. He's done it before, but I'm sure this time it'll be permanent.

I can't take it anymore, even if he doesn't kick me out I may end up leaving anyway. He's horrble, despicable and VERY unfit to be a parent.

I would have left a long time ago but England is cold and I don't know where to go or what to do. Also I'll miss my baby sister growing up.

I've been searching online for help, bu I've yet to find anything.

I'm hoping some people here can assist a brother :frown:

Some details about me: born UK, moved to Saudi when I was 4, now in England at 18, returning to Saudi in 3 days to sort out visa, then coming back to UK permanently. (My dad may even kick me out of the house in Saudi, I really don't know about my future...)

Any solid help at all would be immensely appreciated.

Much love, Alan.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by castmesoftly
Hi I'm new here. I live in the UK and my dad is again threatening to kick me out of the home. He's done it before, but I'm sure this time it'll be permanent.

I can't take it anymore, even if he doesn't kick me out I may end up leaving anyway. He's horrble, despicable and VERY unfit to be a parent.

I would have left a long time ago but England is cold and I don't know where to go or what to do. Also I'll miss my baby sister growing up.

Some details about me: born UK, moved to Saudi when I was 4, now in England at 18, returning to Saudi in 3 days to sort out visa, then coming back to UK permanently. (My dad may even kick me out of the house in Saudi, I really don't know about my future...)

Much love, Alan.

Why the hell is he threatening to kick you out?
Original post by Mvine001
Why the hell is he threatening to kick you out?

He's rather unreasonable, I also get the feeling he doesn't actually like me much.

As for reasons: I guess he's fed up of me for not meeting his lofty expectations. Religious reasons are present also.
(edited 7 years ago)
He's rather unreasonable, I also get the feeling he doesn't actually like me much.

dad.jpg

You are the turtles and your dad is the rat.
To quote Splinter:
"All fathers' care for their sons"

As for reasons: I guess he's fed up of me for not meeting his lofty expectations. Religious reasons are present also.

I can see that by your profile he's actively preventing you from going college (university?). As you are 18, there is nothing he can actually do to prevent you from moving out to go uni.

Furthermore, what are his religious reasons for treating you in such a way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mvine001
dad.jpg

You are the turtles and your dad is the rat.
To quote Splinter:
"All fathers' care for their sons"

Well, definitions of 'care' vary greatly, to an obscene extent in relation with my dad. People claim "I'm doing it for the right reason" and I'm sick of it. If it's wrong, then it's WRONG. Unjustifiably so, stop making excuses.

So, in terms of 'caring', yes I had a roof over my head and soup to eat, but a homeless shelter does the same thing. I'm not ungrateful, but all he ever was to me was a biological parent, not a fatherly figure in the slightest.
Reply 6

Much love, Alan.

Call Shelter 0808 800 4444 for advice. They will be able to tell you what help etc is available in your area

Hope things work out for you
Well, definitions of 'care' vary greatly, to an obscene extent in relation with my dad. People claim "I'm doing it for the right reason" and I'm sick of it. If it's wrong, then it's WRONG. Unjustifiably so, stop making excuses.

So, in terms of 'caring', yes I had a roof over my head and soup to eat, but a homeless shelter does the same thing. I'm not ungrateful, but all he ever was to me was a biological parent, not a fatherly figure in the slightest.

Your dad is obviously wrong in the head.
Tell him that Mvine001 said that and get him to reply.
We'll see what happens then. :angry:
Original post by nemanuel96
I can see that by your profile he's actively preventing you from going college (university?). As you are 18, there is nothing he can actually do to prevent you from moving out to go uni.

Furthermore, what are his religious reasons for treating you in such a way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

College and, by extension, Uni. I told him I wanted to enroll in college, he said he knew I would fail so he wasn't going to waste anything on me for that. He kept me in Saudi till last month when he sent me here to work (unpaid) for my uncle (his brother).

So of course I can't just off and join a uni. I have no one here in England, no source of income.

As for the religious end, apprently I've been lax -_-
Reply 9
well as your 18, try moving out instead...just a thought?
Original post by marple
Call Shelter 0808 800 4444 for advice. They will be able to tell you what help etc is available in your area

Hope things work out for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems...final. I don't know. I'm hesitant. Should I? Seems like a commitment to the end of this all :'/
College and, by extension, Uni. I told him I wanted to enroll in college, he said he knew I would fail so he wasn't going to waste anything on me for that. He kept me in Saudi till last month when he sent me here to work (unpaid) for my uncle (his brother).

So of course I can't just off and join a uni. I have no one here in England, no source of income.

As for the religious end, apprently I've been lax -_-

I can sympathise with you and acknowledge that it is not that easy to just move out. Do tell someone about this whether it be a GP, counselling line etc.

This partly why I hate religion, **** like this gets my blood boiling. He has no right to tell you that you're going to fail as he has absolutely no idea what you are capable of academically.

If you do decide to move out, tell the council about your situation and write a letter to your local MP about the situation. They should try and sort housing out for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha. I do wish this would accomplish something bro :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawtyb
well as your 18, try moving out instead...just a thought?

I would, but nowhere to go. I'm not fussy at all, I slept bedless in the living room on the floor for 5 years, I eat little, I never complain about anything, I work hard, I'm dedicated. So if there's anyplace that could use a Me, I would love to find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would, but nowhere to go. I'm not fussy at all, I slept bedless in the living room on the floor for 5 years, I eat little, I never complain about anything, I work hard, I'm dedicated. So if there's anyplace that could use a Me, I would love to find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

try a hostel? ymca or something like that.
i left home when i was 15 and sofa surfed till i was 16 and then went straight into a hostel
Have you looked at Centrepoint OP?
Original post by nemanuel96
I can sympathise with you and acknowledge that it is not that easy to just move out. Do tell someone about this whether it be a GP, counselling line etc.

This partly why I hate religion, **** like this gets my blood boiling. He has no right to tell you that you're going to fail as he has absolutely no idea what you are capable of academically.

If you do decide to move out, tell the council about your situation and write a letter to your local MP about the situation. They should try and sort housing out for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's all a bit shakey for me, I'm going to reach out and inquire ahout assistance of some sort.

Academically I think I'm rather gifted, I don't mean to be immodest. I passed 7 igcses, all self-taught with extremely outdated books, highly improper preperation times, and 0 internet access. 3(A* ), 2(A), 1(C).

Rigt now, I do think moving out is the best option for me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawtyb
try a hostel? ymca or something like that.
i left home when i was 15 and sofa surfed till i was 16 and then went straight into a hostel

I'm researching all possible avenues available to me, how was the experience, may I ask?

I wanna know wth I'm getting myself into rn :&

Thanks so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Have you looked at Centrepoint OP?

I haven't, shall I?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't, shall I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes!

Quick Reply