The Student Room Group

Being kicked out of home :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yes!

Looking now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by castmesoftly
I'm researching all possible avenues available to me, how was the experience, may I ask?

I wanna know wth I'm getting myself into rn :&

Thanks so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

best thing i ever did. i learnt my independence :smile:
Hi I'm new here. I live in the UK and my dad is again threatening to kick me out of the home. He's done it before, but I'm sure this time it'll be permanent.

I can't take it anymore, even if he doesn't kick me out I may end up leaving anyway. He's horrble, despicable and VERY unfit to be a parent.

I would have left a long time ago but England is cold and I don't know where to go or what to do. Also I'll miss my baby sister growing up.

I've been searching online for help, bu I've yet to find anything.

I'm hoping some people here can assist a brother :frown:

Some details about me: born UK, moved to Saudi when I was 4, now in England at 18, returning to Saudi in 3 days to sort out visa, then coming back to UK permanently. (My dad may even kick me out of the house in Saudi, I really don't know about my future...)

Any solid help at all would be immensely appreciated.

Much love, Alan.

Wow , and I thought my parents were bad,

I can understand parents not paying for uni fees, but your dad sounds harsh.
Wishing you well op.
Original post by shawtyb
best thing i ever did. i learnt my independence :smile:

Independence. Glorious word that has never yet applied to me ;(

How are you now? I must know moar plizplizpliz.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kenni12
Wow , and I thought my parents were bad,

I can understand parents not paying for uni fees, but your dad sounds harsh.

Hahaha. Yups. He's a whole new level of Something 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Independence. Glorious word that has never yet applied to me ;(

How are you now? I must know moar plizplizpliz.

Posted from TSR Mobile

pefect. im now 23, own home, own family, kids, stable relationship with my partner.
dont get me wrong, it was weird at first but now i wouldnt have it any other way.
if u have specific questions, ask and i shall answer :smile:
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
Wishing you well op.

Many many thanks, miss. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawtyb
pefect. im now 23, own home, own family, kids, stable relationship with my partner.
dont get me wrong, it was weird at first but now i wouldnt have it any other way.
if u have specific questions, ask and i shall answer :smile:

Aahh that's all I wantttt. I shall remain trying my best.

I'll probably have like a milyun an one questions about everything lol.

Thanks miss, and I'm super glad it worked out for you! Now for me to write my own success(?) story...
🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mvine001
dad.jpg

You are the turtles and your dad is the rat.
To quote Splinter:
"All fathers' care for their sons"

BS, mine doesn't care at all :/
Original post by Mvine001
dad.jpg

You are the turtles and your dad is the rat.
To quote Splinter:
"All fathers' care for their sons"

That is far from true- you do not understands anyone elses family circumstances apart from your own...
Honestly, I think you need to tell the police or childline or someone about this. Your dad is being ridiculous.
Get a job...make some cash...wait for him to kick you..get a house

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harold98
Honestly, I think you need to tell the police or childline or someone about this. Your dad is being ridiculous.

It may come to that, yes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trevish
Get a job...make some cash...wait for him to kick you..get a house

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already have a job, unpaid tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I already have a job, unpaid tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have a unpaid job? where and with what business?
Hi I'm new here. I live in the UK and my dad is again threatening to kick me out of the home. He's done it before, but I'm sure this time it'll be permanent.

I can't take it anymore, even if he doesn't kick me out I may end up leaving anyway. He's horrble, despicable and VERY unfit to be a parent.

I would have left a long time ago but England is cold and I don't know where to go or what to do. Also I'll miss my baby sister growing up.

I've been searching online for help, bu I've yet to find anything.

I'm hoping some people here can assist a brother :frown:

Some details about me: born UK, moved to Saudi when I was 4, now in England at 18, returning to Saudi in 3 days to sort out visa, then coming back to UK permanently. (My dad may even kick me out of the house in Saudi, I really don't know about my future...)

Any solid help at all would be immensely appreciated.

Much love, Alan.

:frown:

I noticed you said that you were born in the UK, so you have British citizenship, right?

Since you're 18, you can get help from the government if he does kick you out but try to also get a part-time job while you're completing your A-levels. Enrol in college yourself and once that's over, you will get additional help from the SLC if you are estranged from your parents. You will be living a bit rough in the couple of years before uni but it's worth it. If you build up on your work experience through part-time jobs, you should also be able to work part-time while at uni. Go to the job centre and book an appointment with a careers adviser for help getting a job. Get your CV reviewed (it's free) and start with smaller roles such as retail, call centre and hospitality.

Best of luck :hugs:
Original post by AperfectBalance
You have a unpaid job? where and with what business?

It's unofficial, so unregistered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WBZ144
:frown:

I noticed you said that you were born in the UK, so you have British citizenship, right?

Since you're 18, you can get help from the government if he does kick you out but try to also get a part-time job while you're completing your A-levels. Enrol in college yourself and once that's over, you will get additional help from the SLC if you are estranged from your parents. You will be living a bit rough in the couple of years before uni but it's worth it. If you build up on your work experience through part-time jobs, you should also be able to work part-time while at uni. Go to the job centre and book an appointment with a careers adviser for help getting a job. Get your CV reviewed (it's free) and start with smaller roles such as retail, call centre and hospitality.

Best of luck :hugs:

I am a British citizen passport-holder, yep.

I'm not currently studying for anything as I had given up on any prospects of further education for myself. Frankly I'd given up on life too 😓 (called suicide hotline and such, barely pulled through).

I'm working for my uncle in his shop right now (my dad's idea), earliest start time is 9am, latest was just past 12am, so it's pretty exhausting. It leaves me with zero time for myself, so I have no time for my own pursuits either. I'm at work right now actually, typing this under the table :redface:

My dad told me no college would accept me (is this true?). I have one Mathematics AS due to my dad's stupid limitations on my life. I don't know how the whole eduation system works etc, been in Saudi most of the time.

I just wanna be happy, really. Apparently it's too much to ask 😅

Hugs returned sevenfold <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am a British citizen passport-holder, yep.

I'm not currently studying for anything as I had given up on any prospects of further education for myself. Frankly I'd given up on life too 😓 (called suicide hotline and such, barely pulled through).

I'm working for my uncle in his shop right now (my dad's idea), earliest start time is 9am, latest was just past 12am, so it's pretty exhausting. It leaves me with zero time for myself, so I have no time for my own pursuits either. I'm at work right now actually, typing this under the table :redface:

My dad told me no college would accept me (is this true?). I have one Mathematics AS due to my dad's stupid limitations on my life. I don't know how the whole eduation system works etc, been in Saudi most of the time.

I just wanna be happy, really. Apparently it's too much to ask 😅

Hugs returned sevenfold <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

No! Don't listen to him for a second!

Most colleges would take you as long as you have GCSE, your father lied to you. The situation you described is actually very serious. Even though they are your family, you are being used as a slave. There is a helpline you could contact for this:
http://www.unseenuk.org/about/projects/uk-modern-slavery-helpline-and-resource-centre

The fact that you have been suicidal makes the situation even more dire. It might hurt a lot to leave your family and be thrust into a life that you're not used to but in the long run you will feel much better. You could contact your local council and explain your situation, see if they can give you emergency housing while you get on your feet.

Edit: by the way, my sister was living in Saudi and had to come back here unexpectedly in the middle of her GCSEs. She ended up with less GCSEs than the rest of us but still got into college and is at a good uni now.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending