The Student Room Group

A level choices to become a primary school teacher.

Hi, im doing a level psychology and sociology and an epq but i need a third a level subject and im not sure what to do. Any advice would be great :smile:
Reply 1
Literally doesn't matter, doesn't matter what degree you do either.
Original post by anjali_25
Hi, im doing a level psychology and sociology and an epq but i need a third a level subject and im not sure what to do. Any advice would be great :smile:

I would do English if I were you. Its good idea to have English ,maths and a science
Reply 3
Original post by Matilda612
I would do English if I were you. Its good idea to have English ,maths and a science

I was originally going to do maths as im retaking year 12 and i did the course last year, but i find i cant quite get the hang of doing the exam questions and im not sure whether to just keep practising and go with that or do English as its a core subject but im not sure.
R.E ,Health and social care, English language and Psychology would be perfect

Id consider geography, history, english or maths.
Reply 6
Original post by ValkyrieScythe
R.E ,Health and social care, English language and Psychology would be perfect

i dont like RE and health and social care doesnt appeal to me so i dont want to do subjects that will not make me want to work hard.
Reply 7
Original post by Emma:-)
Id consider geography, history, english or maths.

yeaa i was thinking either geography or english
yeaa i was thinking either geography or english

I did geography myself and loved it.
Reply 9
Original post by Emma:-)
I did geography myself and loved it.

what exam board did you do... i find it interesting but i know the specification has changed and im not sure how it would change anything also i would be doing it externally so im not sure if i would need to go on the field trip
health and social care would be good, or a subject that has a topic on childcare/children.
what exam board did you do... i find it interesting but i know the specification has changed and im not sure how it would change anything also i would be doing it externally so im not sure if i would need to go on the field trip

english language perhaps? i know that has topics on child speech patterns. if you enjoy reading a lot, take english literature.
Anything national curriculum related - Biology, English, RE, History and Geography for example.
Anything National curriculum based - Maths, English, Biology, Physics, History, Art, DT, Classical Civilization (good mix of lit and history) or French - that you'd enjoy. If you do teacher training you get barely any teaching on the actual subjects so you need to have a decent grasp of the content.

Quick Reply

Latest