The Student Room Group

Phospholipid membrane

Can anyone describe what the exoplasm and cytosol is in the fluid mosaic model and what it does?
Original post by s0081130
Can anyone describe what the exoplasm and cytosol is in the fluid mosaic model and what it does?

The fluid mosaic model only describes the composition of the MEMBRANE, it has nothing to do with the fluid inhabiting the inside or outside of the cell.
Reply 2
Original post by typicalvirgo
The fluid mosaic model only describes the composition of the MEMBRANE, it has nothing to do with the fluid inhabiting the inside or outside of the cell.

Ok. Thank you for replying. But please can you explain what the exoplasm is and what role it plays?
No problem. Before I help, what exam board are you doing? The question might be referring to the exoplasmic face of the membrane, which would be relevant to your questions.
Reply 4
Original post by typicalvirgo
No problem. Before I help, what exam board are you doing? The question might be referring to the exoplasmic face of the membrane, which would be relevant to your questions.[/QUOT
Pearson. I am not doing A levels though. I am doing a level 3 extended diploma in animal management so it doesn't really matter how which terminology you use. Thank you so much for your help.
Is this AQA?
Reply 6
Original post by jazz_xox_
Is this AQA?

No. My course is on Pearson but any information on the exoplasm would be fantastic.
Reply 7
Original post by s0081130
No. My course is on Pearson but any information on the exoplasm would be fantastic.

Thanks for the help everyone. I managed to find the answer in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending