The Student Room Group

Passed online assessment/role play/interview but been put on hold, AMA

Quite happy, I managed to pass everything and now been put on hold for shifts to match my availability :smile:
Original post by Ishax
Quite happy, I managed to pass everything and now been put on hold for shifts to match my availability :smile:

That's great news, well done! Don't forget to keep in contact with them to let them know if your availability/circumstance changes etc.

Who's this with? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Roving Fish
That's great news, well done! Don't forget to keep in contact with them to let them know if your availability/circumstance changes etc.

Who's this with? :smile:

I will ring them every two days or so to keep them updated. Quite pleased with myself lol!

Marks and Spencer 😊
Original post by Ishax
I will ring them every two days or so to keep them updated. Quite pleased with myself lol!

Marks and Spencer 😊

Glad that the interview went well, M&S are really good company to work for!

To be 'on hold' within a retail environment doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get a job within the next month or so. You'll have been in the Christmas recruitment pool this time, but it's likely that they've filled the positions. The next intake is usually in late spring or early summer.

It's amazing that you've passed the interview process, and it'll be great experience, but it may not be to your advantage that you call them daily. Rather wait until they contact you with a contract that matches you.

Also it may be wise to look for another job in the meantime, as like I say it might not come through for a while yet! :frown:
Reply 4
Glad that the interview went well, M&S are really good company to work for!

To be 'on hold' within a retail environment doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get a job within the next month or so. You'll have been in the Christmas recruitment pool this time, but it's likely that they've filled the positions. The next intake is usually in late spring or early summer.

It's amazing that you've passed the interview process, and it'll be great experience, but it may not be to your advantage that you call them daily. Rather wait until they contact you with a contract that matches you.

Also it may be wise to look for another job in the meantime, as like I say it might not come through for a while yet! :frown:

Thanks for your comments :smile: if you need any help just PM me! Main thing is to be confident.

I'm not too bothered if I get weekly shifts or it, as I currently work for Next anyway but at least I can put this on my CV and talk about in other interviews :smile:

I have a 10.25 hour permanent contract with Next, but they usually make me do 14-16.

I just wanted another company I can add to my CV/LinkedIn, we'll see what happens!
Original post by Ishax
Thanks for your comments :smile: if you need any help just PM me! Main thing is to be confident.

I'm not too bothered if I get weekly shifts or it, as I currently work for Next anyway but at least I can put this on my CV and talk about in other interviews :smile:

I have a 10.25 hour permanent contract with Next, but they usually make me do 14-16.

I just wanted another company I can add to my CV/LinkedIn, we'll see what happens!

Thanks for the offer of help - I actually a graduate and work in the IT infrastructure industry, so not currently looking for a job. I worked for M&S back in 2011. :smile:

Are you thinking that you'll put M&S on your CV? I wouldn't advise this as it indicates that you've been employed by M&S - when in fact you haven't as you're still in their recruitment process until you've signed a contract of employment.

:h:
Reply 6
Thanks for the offer of help - I actually a graduate and work in the IT infrastructure industry, so not currently looking for a job. I worked for M&S back in 2011. :smile:

Are you thinking that you'll put M&S on your CV? I wouldn't advise this as it indicates that you've been employed by M&S - when in fact you haven't as you're still in their recruitment process until you've signed a contract of employment.

:h:

Oh right. I have another interview next week so let's see how that goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending