The Student Room Group

I hate my degree subject and university with a passion!

I'm in my second year studying psychology and I absolutely despise it. As well as that, I don't enjoy living in the city that I'm in, there is nothing to do unless you drink (which I don't), and like every other student, I can't afford to buy things/go on holidays to distract myself from this dire place.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't want a career in psychology at all. My ideal job is to blog, but I know that's unlikely and other than that I'm really not sure what I want to do. I've got the added issue that I came to uni with my partner and we don't want to live separately so moving to another city without him isn't really an option.

Does anyone have any advice/recommendations?
Reply 2
Well, you have to either change your course (and start over from year 1) or drop out completely. No reason for dragging it out, if you know that's not something you're passionate about. Go to career advice or student services, make an appointment with them and explain your situation.

Well, it's a bit of a pickle if you came with your partner. You're saying you can't imagine living in the other city apart from them. But are you really sure you'd rather force yourself to stay at the course and uni you despise for their sake? I'm sure your partner would like for you to be happy instead. Have you talked with them?
Life is too short to be spending time doing something you hate, go and actively seek out the alternatives and think about what you really want.

idk tho im just an A level student xD
Reply 4
Original post by wayneefortune
See if you could get a degree in Software Engineering since you've got an interest in blogging.

Those two are very unrelated, if anything OP should look into journalism

Quick Reply

Latest