C in English literature

Course I want to do is PPE
Original post by Hirsty97
A* maths
DD in level 3 business diploma
B in history
C in English literature

Course I want to do is PPE

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/lseEntryRequirements.aspx#InformationforapplicantsstudyingforotherUKqualifications

This says that for an A*AA course like PPE they would expect to see D*D* in your BTEC plus A*A in 2 A levels.

So no - it's unlikely you would get an offer with those predictions. If you can exceed those predictions and reapply then your chances would be higher.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/lseEntryRequirements.aspx#InformationforapplicantsstudyingforotherUKqualifications

This says that for an A*AA course like PPE they would expect to see D*D* in your BTEC plus A*A in 2 A levels.

So no - it's unlikely you would get an offer with those predictions. If you can exceed those predictions and reapply then your chances would be higher.

Yeah I'm not sure if you can resit history coursework.

I got a high B on coursework though, not sure if banking on getting a high A on my resit of the exam is a good idea.

Also will my C in English literature let me down? I got a B in the exam and a D in the coursework. I don't think you can resit the coursework.

I'm only in this predicament because I didn't initially intend to go to university because I was training to be an avionics technician in the British Army, but as look would have it I failed the medical examination in July, thus rendering me unable to qualify. I don't care what the prerequisites are though, I will only be content with getting into the best university.
Yeah I'm not sure if you can resit history coursework.

I got a high B on coursework though, not sure if banking on getting a high A on my resit of the exam is a good idea.

Also will my C in English literature let me down? I got a B in the exam and a D in the coursework. I don't think you can resit the coursework.

I'm only in this predicament because I didn't initially intend to go to university because I was training to be an avionics technician in the British Army, but as look would have it I failed the medical examination in July, thus rendering me unable to qualify. I don't care what the prerequisites are though, I will only be content with getting into the best university.

Take a gap year and find a private exam centre to redo exams/coursework.

There are some private centres that allow you to redo your coursework but of course there's a slightly hefty fee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nemanuel96
Take a gap year and find a private exam centre to redo exams/coursework.

There are some private centres that allow you to redo your coursework but of course there's a slightly hefty fee.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LSE don't accept retakes except in extenuating circumstances: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/lseEntryRequirements.aspx#Informationforallapplicants
Reply 5
Okay so I'm currently working at a borderline A* in Maths at the moment, if by August 2017 I can have:

I have D in a fast-track business diploma (for some reason my $hit college doesn't go over how to get D*)

If by a stroke of luck I get a high A in my history exam I can get my average to an A

A C in English

Then the year after I can finish the business diploma for the second year and do an A-Level in say Ancient History and get an A in that,my changes of a successful application for LSE in 2018 will improve?

I'm running two jobs atm so I should be able to pay for it so long as it doesn't accumulate to 5-figures otherwise I'm screwed.
Okay so I'm currently working at a borderline A* in Maths at the moment, if by August 2017 I can have:

I have D in a fast-track business diploma (for some reason my $hit college doesn't go over how to get D*)

If by a stroke of luck I get a high A in my history exam I can get my average to an A

A C in English

Then the year after I can finish the business diploma for the second year and do an A-Level in say Ancient History and get an A in that,my changes of a successful application for LSE in 2018 will improve?

I'm running two jobs atm so I should be able to pay for it so long as it doesn't accumulate to 5-figures otherwise I'm screwed.

I was about to suggest teaching yourself an A Level. That might be a good idea to make your application more competitive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by nemanuel96
I was about to suggest teaching yourself an A Level. That might be a good idea to make your application more competitive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I'm doing with A-level maths haha. I'm an autodidact so naturally I learn best, from my own volition. I borrowed books from my college's library and learn from that. I have a session with a tutor once a fortnight, where we go over past-papers I've done and he gives me feedback.

Another thing is that I'm pretty good at Arabic, but not good enough to be fluent by next year, or maybe even next year, with my busy schedule and everything.
That's what I'm doing with A-level maths haha. I'm an autodidact so naturally I learn best, from my own volition. I borrowed books from my college's library and learn from that. I have a session with a tutor once a fortnight, where we go over past-papers I've done and he gives me feedback.

Another thing is that I'm pretty good at Arabic, but not good enough to be fluent by next year, or maybe even next year, with my busy schedule and everything.

Seeing as your doing well at Maths why not try self teach further maths or maybe Physics? Sciences and maths are usually the easiest to self teach although they are hard.
Reply 9
Original post by HopelessMedic
Seeing as your doing well at Maths why not try self teach further maths or maybe Physics? Sciences and maths are usually the easiest to self teach although they are hard.

Eh maybe I'll consider self-teaching myself another subject, but I should probably do something more relevant to my course like philosophy or economics at A-LEVEL. The difficulty is finding time, in-between, two jobs, going to college, and teaching myself maths (I have three 6-hour revision sessions a week). Plus I'm going to have to start going over history material again soon.

I suppose there are some other things I could stop doing that don't warrant my time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Probably not!
Eh maybe I'll consider self-teaching myself another subject, but I should probably do something more relevant to my course like philosophy or economics at A-LEVEL. The difficulty is finding time, in-between, two jobs, going to college, and teaching myself maths (I have three 6-hour revision sessions a week). Plus I'm going to have to start going over history material again soon.

I suppose there are some other things I could stop doing that don't warrant my time.

Take a gap year and study the course you'd like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending