The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by poopiepie
the suspense is killing meeeee ._.

Ikrrrrrrrr I've been refreshing my emails nonstop during the week as well 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Just wondering, do unis give out offers on weekends? (Just so I know if I'm pointlessly refreshing my email during weekends) 😂

barely any Unis will give out offers at weekends which is probably why they decided to do maintenance this weekend
Original post by JamesEvans
barely any Unis will give out offers at weekends which is probably why they decided to do maintenance this weekend

Well I'd guess that offers would only come out during work hours ie 9-5 Monday to Friday.

Ah! Makes sense haha, now I gotta stop checking my email every 10 minutes (getting heartattacks from several spam mail) during the weekends 😂
Ah! Makes sense haha, now I gotta stop checking my email every 10 minutes (getting heartattacks from several spam mail) during the weekends 😂

Same here!!
Reply 205
Hi Guys just sent off my application I've applied to:
I'm predicted 28 points at IB

De Montfort
Portsmouth
Reading
Hertfordshire
For Architecture (K100)
and Anglia Ruskin for building surveying (back up option)

Any ideas of what to add to my portfolio I have done a few sketches of the Burj Khalifa and the Burj Al Arab as well as my youtube channel avatar (I have a youtube channel) I have also put in some floor plans drawn to scale and a scale model of that floor plan as evidence of what I learnt at a workshop. I'm also a bit worried that I am not that great at drawing

i'd appreciate it if anybody would share with me some ideas of what to add to my portfolio and what you have added :smile::smile:
Original post by FolabiG

De Montfort
Portsmouth
Reading
Hertfordshire
For Architecture (K100)

Any ideas of what to add to my portfolio I have done a few sketches of the Burj Khalifa and the Burj Al Arab as well as my youtube channel avatar (I have a youtube channel) I have also put in some floor plans drawn to scale and a scale model of that floor plan as evidence of what I learnt at a workshop. I'm also a bit worried that I am not that great at drawing

i'd appreciate it if anybody would share with me some ideas of what to add to my portfolio and what you have added :smile::smile:

Not sure about those unis specifically, but I wouldn't put in the floor plans. Most places state that they don't want architectural drawings.

As for other stuff, try something like portraiture or still life for something quite basic. Sculpture of some form or other 3D work is a must. If it has just been sent off though you will get portfolio requests soon, so you should get cracking.

Good luck!
Reply 207
Original post by BasilBrick
Not sure about those unis specifically, but I wouldn't put in the floor plans. Most places state that they don't want architectural drawings.

As for other stuff, try something like portraiture or still life for something quite basic. Sculpture of some form or other 3D work is a must. If it has just been sent off though you will get portfolio requests soon, so you should get cracking.

Good luck!

Thank you very much mate!
Original post by FolabiG

De Montfort
Portsmouth
Reading
Hertfordshire
For Architecture (K100)

maybe do some sketches of some more 'normal' buildings too rather than just the most famous or cliche ones? unless you're from the U.A.E then i guess they're from your country aha
Reply 209
maybe do some sketches of some more 'normal' buildings too rather than just the most famous or cliche ones? unless you're from the U.A.E then i guess they're from your country aha

Haha yeahh I get you, it's cause I went there on holiday this year 😂 I was thinking of adding some of my favourite architecture from around the world and also draw some eco buildings cause I'm all about sustainable architecture 😂
Original post by FolabiG
Haha yeahh I get you, it's cause I went there on holiday this year 😂 I was thinking of adding some of my favourite architecture from around the world and also draw some eco buildings cause I'm all about sustainable architecture 😂

yeah eco always seem to be good, from all the successful ones I've looked at, it is just about showing variety with materials, colour, techniques and the subject matter, a lot of the successful ones I've seen usually have like 60/40 buildings to other stuff
Reply 211
Sounds about right, how many drawings have you got for your portfolio?
Original post by FolabiG
Sounds about right, how many drawings have you got for your portfolio?

umm all in all i have a selection of 22 images, so enough to narrow down for some of the unis which have a smaller portfolio request, 2 of those are for the street task for sheffield though which I'm sending off tomorrow
Reply 213
umm all in all i have a selection of 22 images, so enough to narrow down for some of the unis which have a smaller portfolio request, 2 of those are for the street task for sheffield though which I'm sending off tomorrow

Oooo I better get working then aha still need to add so much , good luck with your Sheffield street task mate
Any joy from the refresh buttons yet this morning?!
Original post by thewinelake
Any joy from the refresh buttons yet this morning?!

Yess! Got an offer from Edinburgh like 5 minutes ago :biggrin:
Yeah! Congratulations. Let's hope more to come.... when did you submit?
Original post by thewinelake
Yeah! Congratulations. Let's hope more to come.... when did you submit?

13th of October (:

Are you a scottish or International student?

WOOP WOOP fellow Edinburgh offer holder!

Quick Reply

Latest