Original post by christiha
Politics & IR, you?

Finance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 641
I just got an email telling me th at my application is under initial review, however they didn't ask me for any thing like UMS. Is this normal or will they do it in the next email? Please let me know if u know anything thx xx
Reply 642
Original post by BECK!!
I just got an email telling me th at my application is under initial review, however they didn't ask me for any thing like UMS. Is this normal or will they do it in the next email? Please let me know if u know anything thx xx

Which course are you applying? Only courses that require A* in Mathematics require ums.
Reply 643
Original post by fyrebirds
Does LSE have lower standards for international applicants? My friend got in last year having barely met the qualifications.

It depends on where you are from and the sort of applicants in the international pool. I know that certainly they do not lower standards for international students. I myself am applying as one. It is a holistic application so they would weigh up grades and PS. So there are other factors that could have affected their decisions. Rest assured that apart from the obscene increase in the fee, it is still just as competitive.
Original post by cdmcdm
How long after the initial review email did you receive the 8 week, if you don't mind me asking? Best of luck!

It took them less than 3 weeks to send it
Reply 645
Original post by Alexwwg
Which course are you applying? Only courses that require A* in Mathematics require ums.

Ahh thank you I'm applying for management which needs A in maths xx
Should i be concerned if i havent been asked for UMS yet? (Applying for maths with economics)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 647
Original post by jrcouchman
Should i be concerned if i havent been asked for UMS yet? (Applying for maths with economics)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I finally find someone applying to maths/econ!!
I gor an email telling me to fill out a questionnaire indicating my maths ums scores and all other subjects and blah blah.
Btw have you got your initial assessment to furtheer consideration email? If you got one i wouldnt worrry.
Original post by 17lina
Hi I finally find someone applying to maths/econ!!
I gor an email telling me to fill out a questionnaire indicating my maths ums scores and all other subjects and blah blah.
Btw have you got your initial assessment to furtheer consideration email? If you got one i wouldnt worrry.

Yeah, I have the one saying it has been passed to the admissions selector for further consideration if that is the one you mean? When did you send your application and when did you get the email about your UMS? Ive had nothing about UMS yet
Anyone here applying for History?
Reply 650
Yeah, I have the one saying it has been passed to the admissions selector for further consideration if that is the one you mean? When did you send your application and when did you get the email about your UMS? Ive had nothing about UMS yet

I applied on the 30th of September and got three emails that my application was received and that i had to fill out a few things.

When did you apply?
Have you done A-Levels? It is very unlikely that they forget to ask you about the UMS form, so no need to be worried for now.
Original post by Fbiemad
When did you apply?
Have you done A-Levels? It is very unlikely that they forget to ask you about the UMS form, so no need to be worried for now.

10th october and yeah sat my AS exams, is it something they ask all maths applicants to do?
Reply 653
Does the response always take 8 weeks or longer or occasionally sooner?
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Anyone here applying for History?

Applying for gov't and History!
Original post by Lauren1498x
Applying for gov't and History!

Oh nice! What response have you had from them thus far?
Oh nice! What response have you had from them thus far?

I seemed To have skipped the first round of assessment, maybe a week or so ago I got the 8 weeks email I think. You?
I seemed To have skipped the first round of assessment, maybe a week or so ago I got the 8 weeks email I think. You?

I got an "Initial Review" email today, applied about a week ago. Is there a guide or timeline for what emails you can receive and what they mean?
I got an "Initial Review" email today, applied about a week ago. Is there a guide or timeline for what emails you can receive and what they mean?

I applied on the 7/10 and got an acknowledgment on the 10th then the 'further assessment' email on the 31st. I think they aim to make all decisions within 8-12 weeks but in my acknowledgement it said the first one will be initial review, and then if you pass that you get put through for further assessment which examines your application against other students
I applied on the 7/10 and got an acknowledgment on the 10th then the 'further assessment' email on the 31st. I think they aim to make all decisions within 8-12 weeks but in my acknowledgement it said the first one will be initial review, and then if you pass that you get put through for further assessment which examines your application against other students

Ah ok, thanks for your help! Where else have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending