The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Aeronautical engineering 2017 applicants

Hello! I just wanted to make a section dedicated to IMPERIAL aero applicants!
Did you get an interview? if yes when?
predicted grades?

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by aleuria
Hello! I just wanted to make a section dedicated to IMPERIAL aero applicants!
Did you get an interview? if yes when?
predicted grades?

Good luck!

Good idea! I was thinking of making a thread like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Im not sure if anyone has been called for interview yet. My predicted grade is a 44 in the IB diploma, with 777 in math, phy and chem HL and I have only received a confirmation email early last week (applied in the 14th of oct). How about you guys? Best of luck
Reply 3
Original post by 27Itsme
Im not sure if anyone has been called for interview yet. My predicted grade is a 44 in the IB diploma, with 777 in math, phy and chem HL and I have only received a confirmation email early last week (applied in the 14th of oct). How about you guys? Best of luck

Hi there, I applied on the 13th of October and the school sent away my application on the 14th of October
I only got my confirmation last week too!

Just to confirm, was the email that sent you a confirmation the following:
[email protected]

I got AAAAA in Scottish Highers and I am Predicted AAA in my Scottish Advanced Highers (Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics)

We don't get A* as A Is our highest grade.

I've not been called for an interview either
Keep me posted. (There are others who have been called)
Reply 4
"Just to confirm, was the email that sent you a confirmation the following:"

Yes it was.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by 27Itsme

Hi fellow IB students! :smile:

I am also predicted a 44 with Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Eco at HL(7777)
I have sent my application 8th of October and got an interview notification this monday for the 25th of November.

Are you also applying to which other univeristy?

good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by aleuria
Hi fellow IB students! :smile:

I am also predicted a 44 with Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Eco at HL(7777)
I have sent my application 8th of October and got an interview notification this monday for the 25th of November.

Are you also applying to which other univeristy?

good luck :smile:

Thats really good! Well done! Be sure to tell us about how your interview goes!! I have also applied to Bristol, UCL, Warwick and Oxford and received offers from WW and Bristol. How about you?
Reply 7
[QUOTE=27Itsme;68407002]Thats really good! Well done! Be sure to tell us about how your interview goes!! I have also applied to Bristol, UCL, Warwick and Oxford and received offers from WW and Bristol. How about you?

I applied to UCL Too, for Mechanical Engineering with Business Finance

Have you heard back from them yet
Reply 8
Applied to Cambridge, Bath, Imperial and Bristol. I have an offer from Bristol and Bath.
Reply 9
Original post by aleuria
Applied to Cambridge, Bath, Imperial and Bristol. I have an offer from Bristol and Bath.

how did you get your offers so quickly?? I sent my application around the same time and there has been no reply yet, only confirmation.

Predicted 45, but had an abysmal ENGAA so that may be it. Since I live overseas do you think I should even bother flying over if I get an interview? since the ENGAA would put me at an overwhelming disadvantage.

good luck for your interview m8
Reply 10
Original post by d3devaP
how did you get your offers so quickly?? I sent my application around the same time and there has been no reply yet, only confirmation.

Predicted 45, but had an abysmal ENGAA so that may be it. Since I live overseas do you think I should even bother flying over if I get an interview? since the ENGAA would put me at an overwhelming disadvantage.

Hi! I don't think you should worry too much with such a high grade! (45 is impressive!). If I were you I would still come. Indeed, I thought the ENGAA was more difficult than the specimen paper and the multiple choice questions went until I !!!

Which subjects are you taking?
Which unis have you applied to?
Original post by d3devaP

Yo, you should definitely come for an interview if called, many people found the ENGAA tough, so you still have a chance

Plus it's only one part of your application

Hey everyone again, has anyone else been invited for an interview or heard back?

Original post by onlyvips
I applied to UCL Too, for Mechanical Engineering with Business Finance

Have you heard back from them yet

I'm a Scottish student too and I've applied for the same course, I've had confirmation but they said offers might not be made until after the UCAS deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Runner0204
I'm a Scottish student too and I've applied for the same course, I've had confirmation but they said offers might not be made until after the UCAS deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there, where did you find out that the decisions will be made after the deadline?
I'm wondering. As there have been a few people already getting interview invites.

At the open day they said that they'll do the interviews in two batches. One for applicants who applied before the oxbridge deadline and another for those applying after

I applied before the deadline so I hope that I'll get called soon😅

Where all did you apply and when did you sending your UCAS APPLICATION?😃
hey, I have an Overseas Interview...please can anyone tell me what is the process?
Hi there, where did you find out that the decisions will be made after the deadline?
I'm wondering. As there have been a few people already getting interview invites.

At the open day they said that they'll do the interviews in two batches. One for applicants who applied before the oxbridge deadline and another for those applying after

I applied before the deadline so I hope that I'll get called soon😅

Where all did you apply and when did you sending your UCAS APPLICATION?😃

In the email from UCL it said they used a semi-gathered field approach so they don't make offers until they have enough applicants and they must keep some places open until after the deadline. I don't actually know btw, sorry if I sounded like I did haha.

I (re)applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and Strathclyde and sent my UCAS application on the 13th I think.

I think we should be fine for interview invites since we've met the requirement and they say: "If you are based in the UK and, from your application, appear likely to achieve our academic requirements it is our practice to interview you before deciding whether to offer you a place"

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the email from UCL it said they used a semi-gathered field approach so they don't make offers until they have enough applicants and they must keep some places open until after the deadline. I don't actually know btw, sorry if I sounded like I did haha.

I (re)applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and Strathclyde and sent my UCAS application on the 13th I think.

I think we should be fine for interview invites since we've met the requirement and they say: "If you are based in the UK and, from your application, appear likely to achieve our academic requirements it is our practice to interview you before deciding whether to offer you a place"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, I thought we were talking about imperial.

I didn't realise that UCL did interviews for Mech Eng
I just thought it was a compulsory open day and you're given an offer at the end of it

Thanks for letting me know

have you heard from imperial?😃
Oh right, I thought we were talking about imperial.

I didn't realise that UCL did interviews for Mech Eng
I just thought it was a compulsory open day and you're given an offer at the end of it

Thanks for letting me know

have you heard from imperial?😃

Not yet, I had an interview and offer from them last year though so I'm feeling okay-ish about it this year haha.

Which university is your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not yet, I had an interview and offer from them last year though so I'm feeling okay-ish about it this year haha.

Which university is your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome! Either Imperial or Cambridge for me (fingers crossed I get an offer)

How about you?
And when did you get an interview invite last year from imperial?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending