The Student Room Group

Guyswould you want your girlfriend of just a few months to tell you she's pregnant...

Would you want to know if she was pregnant even though she has no intentions of keeping it.
Keep in mind you guys just started dating. Is it normally wrong to keep it from the other person?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Would you want to know if she was pregnant even though she has no intentions of keeping it.
Keep in mind you guys just started dating. Is it normally wrong to keep it from the other person?

You're going to murder his child without telling him?
Reply 2
speaking on behalf of all guys, yes. what kind of question is this?
Reply 3
Original post by trigglypuff

Thinking about it. Not even sure if pregnant I got an appointment this week to find out.
It's also his child right? So the correct thing to do is tell him.
Reply 5
Original post by mkap

Logically it makes sense to tell him. When you're in the situation it's a lot more hard.
This had bs written all over it, you dont know youre pregnant, do a test??
Reply 7
Yeh so i accidently push her down a flight of stairs, if you know what I mean.
Original post by Yaboi
Yeh so i accidently push her down a flight of stairs, if you know what I mean.

That's just disgusting.
Reply 9
Of course I would want to know.
Original post by UWS
Of course I would want to know.

Why?
Reply 11
Why?

Um, well, because I'd be the father....
Original post by trigglypuff

An embryo is hardly a child.

Regardless, I still think he should be told.
Original post by UWS
Um, well, because I'd be the father....

But she has no intentions of keeping it, what's the difference?

Excuse my questions they seem ridiculous but I just need men's perspective.
Yes. We're both pretty clear on the fact that it wouldn't be kept if it happened, so I know she'd make the right choice, but I'd still like to know :3
Reply 15

Don't you think it's an obvious reason to tell someone? It's a no brainer.

They are the father, they should know their girlfriend is pregnant with their child, regardless of whether she will keep it or not.

100% of the time a man would rather be aware of the fact that you are getting rid of his potential offspring beforehand, even if it's just so he can go "yes okay I support dat"
Defiantly wouldn't want to know. Then I could happily go along with my life none the wiser.

Why would I want to be involved in an emotional rollercoaster?

I don't agree with abortion so I would definitely feel like if you are not going to listen to my opinion, what is the point of telling me?

What would I gain from been told? Not knowing is the best of both worlds. You don't get an unwanted child and you are guilt free.
Its his right to know.
I dont believe a abortion should be done without both parents consenting (If possible)
Original post by Sternumator
Defiantly wouldn't want to know. Then I could happily go along with my life none the wiser.

Why would I want to be involved in an emotional rollercoaster?

I don't agree with abortion so I would definitely feel like if you are not going to listen to my opinion, what is the point of telling me?

What would I gain from been told? Not knowing is the best of both worlds. You don't get an unwanted child and you are guilt free.

Original post by Retired_Messiah
100% of the time a man would rather be aware of the fact that you are getting rid of his potential offspring beforehand, even if it's just so he can go "yes okay I support dat"

Original post by UWS
Don't you think it's an obvious reason to tell someone? It's a no brainer.

They are the father, they should know their girlfriend is pregnant with their child, regardless of whether she will keep it or not.

Original post by mkap

Some guys think like Sternumator. So get off your high horse, know it all attitudes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending