The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isabella1999
Hahaha yes that's it for sure 😊😂 literally me. I've told myself that I'm not going to check now until after school tomorrow

Oooh ambitious ngl I couldn't manage that...even though I doubt any interviews would come out on a Sunday :')
Original post by Bright_Gift
Phew, I'm getting so parnoid about every little detail lol

Thankss @Natalierm2707

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey no worries, this is a big deal and panicking is normal. Just try to think straight, the people interviewing you are people as well, they are not going to reject you for wearing a coat to the interview.
Original post by Natalierm2707
Hey no worries, this is a big deal and panicking is normal. Just try to think straight, the people interviewing you are people as well, they are not going to reject you for wearing a coat to the interview.

Haha, "they're not going to reject you for wearing a coat to the interview" that made me laugh :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erinls2
Rep if you check your email every 5 minutes in hope of an interview 😂😂😂

This is me
Original post by nomophobia
Haha, "they're not going to reject you for wearing a coat to the interview" that made me laugh :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its true though! Throughout this process you will worry about silly little things, and the fact is unless you epically screw up at interview then you will be absolutely fine. Im 100% sure the admissions tutor will not be looking at everyones shoe colour and rejecting everyone wearing brown shoes...

Its all about logic, just go dressed smart, give it your best shot and make sure you explain everything you say. if you are stuck or confused ask for the question to be repeated or simply say you dont know and try to divert the topic in your favour somehow.
Original post by erinls2
Oooh ambitious ngl I couldn't manage that...even though I doubt any interviews would come out on a Sunday :':wink:

That's true haha but maybe tomorrow! :biggrin:
Original post by tweedler
This is me

High five buddy
Its true though! Throughout this process you will worry about silly little things, and the fact is unless you epically screw up at interview then you will be absolutely fine. Im 100% sure the admissions tutor will not be looking at everyones shoe colour and rejecting everyone wearing brown shoes...

Its all about logic, just go dressed smart, give it your best shot and make sure you explain everything you say. if you are stuck or confused ask for the question to be repeated or simply say you dont know and try to divert the topic in your favour somehow.

That is very true - especially as I was contemplating which colour headscarf to wear which is silly, I'll just match it to the dress.

Thank you for the tips, you've been really helpful :smile: I'll keep all that in mind for my interview (when I get one)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeff458(#21)
Hahaha 'sabr fam' :biggrin::colone: Mate, that had me on the ground!!!

Where did you end up applying? Was it Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glesga if I am right?

I don't know if I ended up telling you but mine was Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Bristol. Bristol I applied to for some interview practice. Will reject it even if I do get the offer. Also heard that Scottish universities look really highly on you if you did well in S6 and are a gap year applicant!

But I would be happy to go to Aberdeen, Dundee or Edinburgh! :smile:

Hope the catching up is going well btw :smile:

Yeah I applied to those unis and catching up is goin alright, wby? Chemistry is my hardest subject!
That is very true - especially as I was contemplating which colour headscarf to wear which is silly, I'll just match it to the dress.

Thank you for the tips, you've been really helpful :smile: I'll keep all that in mind for my interview (when I get one)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm a hijabi as well! I bought 5 new scarves to match my interview outfit lol x
Original post by Nuba123
Hey, I'm a hijabi as well! I bought 5 new scarves to match my interview outfit lol x

Hey! It's a relief to finally find someone lol, I don't know anyone in real life who's a hijabi going for interviews (sad I know) Haha, what are you wearing and are you gonna wear a black scarf or a different colour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are people's views on girls wearing nail varnish at interviews? Is it appropriate?
Hey! It's a relief to finally find someone lol, I don't know anyone in real life who's a hijabi going for interviews (sad I know) Haha, what are you wearing and are you gonna wear a black scarf or a different colour?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TELL ME ABOUT IT, TRYNA FIND SOMEONE LIKE ME SINCE DAY 1 lol... XD

Same here, I don't have any interviews yet (if I get any lol) but I'm not sure. I got a black mid length sleeveless blazer, black plain top and grey trousers and I'm going to pair this with either a black, maroon or lilac hijab... I'm not sure though, wby?
Original post by emma.sx
What are people's views on girls wearing nail varnish at interviews? Is it appropriate?

Doesn't bother me, but apparently you're not allowed to wear it even at McDonalds for hygiene reasons. So I guess if you're wanting to be a dentist/doctor then you need to have a strong hygiene game... I could be wrong x
Original post by Nuba123
Doesn't bother me, but apparently you're not allowed to wear it even at McDonalds for hygiene reasons. So I guess if you're wanting to be a dentist/doctor then you need to have a strong hygiene game... I could be wrong x

Good point! Thanks. I'm going to bring me the horizon concert the night before, so best remove the black nail varnish 😆
Original post by emma.sx
Good point! Thanks. I'm going to bring me the horizon concert the night before, so best remove the black nail varnish 😆

HAHA, I lol-ed, some employers think it's tacky my friend got into trouble by her boss because it looked disgusting - ikr what an ******* but anyway I think it's pretty but I wouldn't wear it just so I'm not being defiant lmao. xxx
Original post by Nuba123
TELL ME ABOUT IT, TRYNA FIND SOMEONE LIKE ME SINCE DAY 1 lol... XD

Same here, I don't have any interviews yet (if I get any lol) but I'm not sure. I got a black mid length sleeveless blazer, black plain top and grey trousers and I'm going to pair this with either a black, maroon or lilac hijab... I'm not sure though, wby?

BUT YES FINALLY someone who gets it haha

Me neither (and same lol). Oooh, that sounds really stylish haha. Hmm, maroon or lilac I would go with, but depends on whichever one you either feel more comfortable wearing or whichever one suits you more. I haven't even bought anything yet lmao, I've been looking around but I'm super short and petite sections don't really sell smart clothes (sigh) but I imagined a black skirt/dress with a blazer and I might dare to wear a brightly coloured scarf but idk. What kind of shoes are you wearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emma.sx

No nail varnish as a doctor so no nail varnish to interviews is probably the best way. especially if its not a clear or neutral colour.

I also think the same about makeup, a bit of mascara, some concealer etc. like make yourself look more awake and enhance your outfit, but eyeshadow, contouring, crazy winged eyeliner is a bit OTT for a medical school interview, your not in a fashion parade.
No nail varnish as a doctor so no nail varnish to interviews is probably the best way. especially if its not a clear or neutral colour.

I also think the same about makeup, a bit of mascara, some concealer etc. like make yourself look more awake and enhance your outfit, but eyeshadow, contouring, crazy winged eyeliner is a bit OTT for a medical school interview, your not in a fashion parade.

Totally this.

[Its a job interview, not a first date.]
Does anyone know if the BMAT unis (applied to Leeds and BSMS) tend to offer interviews later than non BMAT unis considering we only sat the exam less than a week ago? The waiting game is killing me!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending