The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lostperson
has anyone still not got a confirmation email?

I haven't :frown:
Original post by karishma behera
I haven't :frown:

Neither have I 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiwifruit99
Neither have I 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither hahahahah
Reply 423
Does anyone know when Kings start to send out interview invitations?:s-smilie:
Original post by yoyo24

i think it was mid nov last year
but maybe their system breakdown may slow things down this year?
Reply 425
Original post by Lostperson
i think it was mid nov last year
but maybe their system breakdown may slow things down this year?

Yeah, thanks!
Reply 426
Remember UKCAT only send our results to unis this week, so mid November/early December is probably when interviews get sent out
Original post by yoyo24

They'll probably start handing them out in 2/3 weeks, but their interviews take place between December-April so we may have to wait a couple of months before we hear anything at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fleuves
Congratulations! I was considering applying for that, in the end I decided I wouldn't be able to stomach testing on live animals (as in myself, personally; I'm not against animal testing in general). Must be reassuring to have an insurance. I think they will start sending out the first batches of rejections and interview invites sometime at the beginning of next month, maybe the very end of this one if we're lucky !

Thanks a lot! I hope you get a response soon too :smile:
Does anyone have any information about the King's A100 home undergraduate interview dates? UCL has sent out an email listing many, many planned interview dates, explicitly saying that if we're offered an interview on a date that we can't make and we haven't informed them about this before the interview invitation, they will not offer another date. Surely without a list of King's dates, there's a chance (albeit a very slim one) that we could end up with an interview clash? I'm not sure how understanding King's would be about this but it definitely doesn't look like UCL would be willing to compromise.
Just got a message from an admissions officer regarding why I only have three AS levels instead of the required four. I informed them that I was unable to pick history or English literature (the two subjects I desired to pick as a fourth AS Level) due to them clashing with Biology on my school timetable, and the school couldn't resolve the issue. I also added that I'm willing to provide any clarification from my school. I'm predicted three A*s though for math, biology and chemistry and have a UKCAT score of 747. Will this greatly jeopardise my application?
Reply 431
Original post by Metal Warrior
Just got a message from an admissions officer regarding why I only have three AS levels instead of the required four. I informed them that I was unable to pick history or English literature (the two subjects I desired to pick as a fourth AS Level) due to them clashing with Biology on my school timetable, and the school couldn't resolve the issue. I also added that I'm willing to provide any clarification from my school. I'm predicted three A*s though for math, biology and chemistry and have a UKCAT score of 747. Will this greatly jeopardise my application?

I'm sure you'll be fine, but why did you apply to kings if you knew they wanted a fourth subject?
Original post by yoyo24
I'm sure you'll be fine, but why did you apply to kings if you knew they wanted a fourth subject?

I know it might sound stupid but King's is a uni that I really love and I'd hoped they'd be understanding of my circumstances. I also thought that a lot of schools weren't doing AS Levels anyways so they'd be fine with it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Metal Warrior

No but you were supposed to tell them why you didn't have 4 AS/A-levels in your teacher's reference. This explains why they've tried to clarify this but it shouldn't have any impact on your application. Remember, this is their first year with these new reformed, linear subjects too.
Hi guys!

Here are my stats:
IB Predicted Scores: 7,7,7 for HL and 7,7,7 for SL with A,A for TOK and EE.
UKCAT: VR 600 QR 690 AR 620 Overall: 1910

I've got two interviews so far. One from UCLan and another from St. George's but my heart is at King's. I also applied to UEA and Newcastle. I'm really nervous about KCL because of my low UKCAT score. Do you think I have a chance?
Original post by edasansel
Hi guys!

Here are my stats:

I've got two interviews so far. One from UCLan and another from St. George's but my heart is at King's. I also applied to UEA and Newcastle. I'm really nervous about KCL because of my low UKCAT score. Do you think I have a chance?

You applied to five medical schools?
Original post by studentsixth
You applied to five medical schools?

Yes. I applied to KCL, UEA, Newcastle and St. George's through UCAS and I also applied to UCLan individually since they accept direct applications.
Original post by edasansel
Hi guys!

Here are my stats:

so has st George's started giving out interviews?
Original post by starmuneer

It has indeed.
Original post by starmuneer

Well, I definitely think they have. I received the e-mail about the cut-off scores first and then another e-mail saying that I've met both the academic and UKCAT requirements so that I'm eligible for an interview. They haven't informed on the interview dates though. I think they will send out all the invites soon. Don't worry about it :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending