The Student Room Group

Cloversleaf: Her A-level Journey

GOOD DAY TO ALL!!
My name is Sarah, I have just entered 6th form and I want to do really well in my A-levels, because you know, they're important for life and what not :h:For this reason, I have decided to start a blog to track my journey through A-levels
I will update as regularly as I can with revision talks, lessons, mock exam results and other general bits and bobs
First of all, here is a little break down of my education pathway:

GCSE'S
I didn't do as well as I would have liked in my GCSE's and I was especially disappointed in myself with my English lang grade but nevertheless, here they are:
Maths ~ A
Further Maths ~ A
English Language ~ B (One mark off an A though and it never got remarked!!! :angry:)
English Literature ~ A*
French ~ A
Geography ~ A*
Art ~ A
Core Science ~ A
Additional Science ~ A
Further Additional Science ~ A*
Religious Studies ~ A

There we go and currently, for my A-levels, I am studying

Maths

Biology

Chemistry

Geography

At the minute, I would like to become a dentist but due to my indecisive nature, I feel that that might change soon :tongue:

Other
As for other activities and hobbies that I do:

Explorer Scouts once a week in the evening

Volunteering at a local cat rescue once a week

Working as a cleaner during the weekends

Zumba once a week

Going to the gym twice, sometimes three times a week

As you can see, my schedule normally gets quite full and I also have various appointments to go to each week as well but I am determined to make the effort to revise and work hard to get the A level grades that I am happy with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Wow, those amazing GCSE grades! I'm sure you'll continue to shine throughout your A-Level adventure :smile:

There's still time to decide on what you want to do but let us know! It's good that you have hobbies as well, don't overdo your work, you need to let loose every now and then :h:

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Wow, those amazing GCSE grades! I'm sure you'll continue to shine throughout your A-Level adventure :smile:

There's still time to decide on what you want to do but let us know! It's good that you have hobbies as well, don't overdo your work, you need to let loose every now and then :h:

Good luck!

Thankyou so much!! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Hey, we do the same A Levels :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Baaah
Hey, we do the same A Levels :smile:

Hi!! Ayyy look at that, how are you finding yours?? For me, chemistry is the worst :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Cloversleaf
Hi!! Ayyy look at that, how are you finding yours?? For me, chemistry is the worst :s-smilie:

Basically very good :smile: Took some time to adjust but I think I'm use to the workload

Maths: Nearly finished C1 :smile: , I've nailed all the basics but it is the worded questions that messes me up. I need more practice in those.

Biology: Great so far. There is a lot to memorise but I'm getting the hang of it.

Chemistry: I hate how most of GCSE is oversimplified, and chemistry concepts is harder to understand compared to Biology. Managing fine though

Geography: I chose this as a fourth subject because I aspire to study Biomed. We started practicing for 40 marks essays, and got a C grade on my first one...

I also have to balance these a levels with extracurriculars so it sounds so stressful
Reply 6
Original post by Baaah
Basically very good :smile: Took some time to adjust but I think I'm use to the workload

Maths: Nearly finished C1 :smile: , I've nailed all the basics but it is the worded questions that messes me up. I need more practice in those.

Biology: Great so far. There is a lot to memorise but I'm getting the hang of it.

Chemistry: I hate how most of GCSE is oversimplified, and chemistry concepts is harder to understand compared to Biology. Managing fine though

Geography: I chose this as a fourth subject because I aspire to study Biomed. We started practicing for 40 marks essays, and got a C grade on my first one...

I also have to balance these a levels with extracurriculars so it sounds so stressful

We've almost finished C1 as well, so far its going ok, not going to get my hope up too high yet though :tongue:. Biology for me is going well too and yeah I agree soooo much to memorise. Chemistry is the most difficult for me at the minute, it is my weakest and well done for getting a grade c on your first one!! That's really good! We haven't started any essays yet but I'm sure we will soon....
Good luck with everything!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending