The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer Graduate Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Have either of you had a phone call / email yet? I applied for this and my interview was in Feb which is ages ago now!
Reply 241
Original post by BBA121
Have either of you had a phone call / email yet? I applied for this and my interview was in Feb which is ages ago now!

I emailed a few times, but go no response. When I called them they just kept saying they'd let me know soon via email. I kept checking the graduate tracker which says my application is on hold. Then randomly this morning I got sent feedback from my interview... but still haven't been told whether or not I have got the job? I have checked the tracker and it just says 'your application is still on hold' - so I am just assuming if you get sent feedback, which I didn't ask for, then I haven't got it. I got sick of asking them to be honest, they told us on the day (18 Feb) we'd find out the last week of February/first week of March at the latest.
Reply 242
Original post by Pudge22
I emailed a few times, but go no response. When I called them they just kept saying they'd let me know soon via email. I kept checking the graduate tracker which says my application is on hold. Then randomly this morning I got sent feedback from my interview... but still haven't been told whether or not I have got the job? I have checked the tracker and it just says 'your application is still on hold' - so I am just assuming if you get sent feedback, which I didn't ask for, then I haven't got it. I got sick of asking them to be honest, they told us on the day (18 Feb) we'd find out the last week of February/first week of March at the latest.

How strange! I haven't got feedback yet, although I don't really know what to make of getting interview feedback but no clear answer, I have found the application process very unpredictable.
Reply 243
Original post by BBA121
How strange! I haven't got feedback yet, although I don't really know what to make of getting interview feedback but no clear answer, I have found the application process very unpredictable.

Which did you apply for? The application process has been very unpredictable... I didn't find out I had a place on the assessment centre until a few days before, so I then had to beg my boss to let me have it off work haha and that was four months after I had originally applied. My feedback is quite positive which is confusing because I still have no idea if it's a yes or no! Luckily I have other options, so I think I am just going to forget about m&s and pick something else.
Reply 244
Original post by Pudge22
Which did you apply for? The application process has been very unpredictable... I didn't find out I had a place on the assessment centre until a few days before, so I then had to beg my boss to let me have it off work haha and that was four months after I had originally applied. My feedback is quite positive which is confusing because I still have no idea if it's a yes or no! Luckily I have other options, so I think I am just going to forget about m&s and pick something else.

That is so strange, maybe contact them again? I applied for assistant lingerie designer. I know what you mean I think it will be time to leave the M&S dream behind :frown:
Mine changed from on hold to unsuccessful a couple of weeks ago. Although I passed the assessment there were others who scored higher and were therefore given jobs. These offers were all accepted and all vacancies now filled for the grad retail management scheme. That's what I've been told by them anyway.
Reply 246
Original post by Hopeful3112
I was wondering this too! When was your interview? I think we would have heard by now if it was successful surely!

Have you had an answer yet? I'm still waiting! Its such a long time since I interviewed (late Feb)
Reply 247
Still wondering if anyone has had a yes / no for any head office based roles? Specifically the lingerie / design roles?
Reply 248
Original post by darling16
Has anyone heard back who had an interview for the assistant lingerie designer position?

Still not heard back for this! Have you had any information yet? I don't even have an email address to contact them on as the one I was invited to interview from is a no reply address.
Hey!

Anyone who's been offered section manager roles, has anyone heard anymore about it?

Hannah ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
To anyone still active on this thread, I really need some advice, I wasn't able to finish even half of the numerical questions on time, and they've put my application on hold to review my results. Has anyone else gone through this before and has any advice to share? Did you're application get rejected or were you still successful to the next stage??
Any replies would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by LizzieB37
To anyone still active on this thread, I really need some advice, I wasn't able to finish even half of the numerical questions on time, and they've put my application on hold to review my results. Has anyone else gone through this before and has any advice to share? Did you're application get rejected or were you still successful to the next stage??
Any replies would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Hi Lizzie! It doesn't matter if you didn't finish all questions as there is a pass mark needed and you may have met that with the answers you did complete. Your application will be reviewed and following this you will be advised on the status of your application :smile:
I applied for HR gradscheme but only did one situational judgement test!? Did I fail my SJ test so they didn't bother sending me the numerical/verbal reasoning ones too? It just says my application is on hold and they are reviewing it.
Original post by hendricks16
I applied for HR gradscheme but only did one situational judgement test!? Did I fail my SJ test so they didn't bother sending me the numerical/verbal reasoning ones too? It just says my application is on hold and they are reviewing it.

Don't worry, I applied for the HR graduate scheme too and only did a SJT.
Original post by Momina90
hey guys,
I completed my online tests over a month ago for the HR grad scheme n still havent heard back. what schemes have u guys applied for n any idea how long they take? should i still be waiting or assume its a rejection?

Hey Momina, I followed up on the placements I had to ask for feedback - they don't always come back to you. Even if you haven't made it through, the feedback can be invaluable for your next attempt.

What sort of career are you looking for if you don't mind me asking? Are you finding it okay to find internships/job opportunities?
Reply 255
Hey,
I have applied for the retail management graduate scheme and got an email on the 10th of Jan that a lot of applicants have applied and reached the benchmark so my application was unsuccessful.
I have now received two emails stating my application is currently under review still. I've not been told yet whether i have been invited to an assessment centre yet?
Has anyone received any replies?

Quick Reply

Latest