The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax professional programme 2016 Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Savlarr
Sounds like there's been a mess up and all our documents that we took in earlier have been mislaid or something- good job they didn't get the originals then. Will mention your name and try and find out what's going on.

I can reply properly now, sorry I was in work. Just ridiculous isn't it how we have to go back in, I feel sorry for those who live further away and probably have to pay a fortune to get there! I know imagine if they had our original documents! I've been optimistic and reprinted my phone bill thing and had to go get new passport sized photos done.
The one who was telling me what had been going on was just saying that there was two people ringing up asking people to bring their documents back in, apparently it's Monday Tuesday and Wednesday they can go in so if I don't have a phone call Monday I'll be going down Tuesday and blagging my way in.
So fed up with it all, especially how people are getting calls and I haven't had one. Would be fab if you couldn't mention it though, in not sure if they'll tell you anything though. What time are you in Monday?
Reply 21
Original post by keeleyvic
I can reply properly now, sorry I was in work. Just ridiculous isn't it how we have to go back in, I feel sorry for those who live further away and probably have to pay a fortune to get there! I know imagine if they had our original documents! I've been optimistic and reprinted my phone bill thing and had to go get new passport sized photos done.
The one who was telling me what had been going on was just saying that there was two people ringing up asking people to bring their documents back in, apparently it's Monday Tuesday and Wednesday they can go in so if I don't have a phone call Monday I'll be going down Tuesday and blagging my way in.
So fed up with it all, especially how people are getting calls and I haven't had one. Would be fab if you couldn't mention it though, in not sure if they'll tell you anything though. What time are you in Monday?

Hi sorry so late to reply. Went in at 12 today and had passport and bank statement photocopied. Apparently not a mistake, just additional documents required- sounds odd as I'd taken that in before. Apparently all needs to be signed off by end of the week, so I'd ring the number I told you if you still haven't heard anything. Let me know how you get on.
Original post by Savlarr
Hi sorry so late to reply. Went in at 12 today and had passport and bank statement photocopied. Apparently not a mistake, just additional documents required- sounds odd as I'd taken that in before. Apparently all needs to be signed off by end of the week, so I'd ring the number I told you if you still haven't heard anything. Let me know how you get on.

Hii,
I rang the number you gave me today, lady called Francesca answered from Albert Bridge office. She's asked me to come in with my documents tomorrow.
We figured out, HMRC are claiming to have all my documents. I wasn't on the list of missing documents etc. CSR stating they don't have all my documents so won't progress with my DBS. So basically I was stuck in limbo and if I hadn't contacted her, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere. She asked me to bring my documents back in tomorrow, have them photocopied and she's gonna send them off again to CSR.
Hopefully we will get somewhere after tomorrow.
Did they tell you anything about how long DBS will be or formal offers or anything?
Reply 23
Hii,
I rang the number you gave me today, lady called Francesca answered from Albert Bridge office. She's asked me to come in with my documents tomorrow.
We figured out, HMRC are claiming to have all my documents. I wasn't on the list of missing documents etc. CSR stating they don't have all my documents so won't progress with my DBS. So basically I was stuck in limbo and if I hadn't contacted her, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere. She asked me to bring my documents back in tomorrow, have them photocopied and she's gonna send them off again to CSR.
Hopefully we will get somewhere after tomorrow.
Did they tell you anything about how long DBS will be or formal offers or anything?

This Francesca women had asked me to bring in a bank statement and my passport. She thinks that once they have got all of this info off everyone, they should hopefully start sending out formal offers. However its not her department so shes not entirely sure
Original post by Savlarr
This Francesca women had asked me to bring in a bank statement and my passport. She thinks that once they have got all of this info off everyone, they should hopefully start sending out formal offers. However its not her department so shes not entirely sure

Is she the one who took your documents? I'm not optimistic for any progress before Christmas, maybe a formal offer but not a start date or anything until new year. I'll be glad to just take them in! Is your bank statement from the bank? Mines done online so when I print it off it has duplicate on it 🤔
Reply 25
Is she the one who took your documents? I'm not optimistic for any progress before Christmas, maybe a formal offer but not a start date or anything until new year. I'll be glad to just take them in! Is your bank statement from the bank? Mines done online so when I print it off it has duplicate on it 🤔

Mine was an online one and had a print date on it, but she was happy with that. You could maybe show her your online account and print it off in front of her?
Original post by Savlarr
Mine was an online one and had a print date on it, but she was happy with that. You could maybe show her your online account and print it off in front of her?

I'm with nationwide so I'm gonna pop in on my way and see if they can print one off for me or stamp the one I have. I have my p45 too but e&c are saying it must be less than 3 months whilst the document we got with what to take says less than 12 🙄 No wonder there's been so many problems with these documents
Reply 27
I'm with nationwide so I'm gonna pop in on my way and see if they can print one off for me or stamp the one I have. I have my p45 too but e&c are saying it must be less than 3 months whilst the document we got with what to take says less than 12 🙄 No wonder there's been so many problems with these documents

What about a payslip with your address and NI number on it?
Original post by Savlarr
What about a payslip with your address and NI number on it?

I got a stamped bank statement. Francesca said it was fine. they're sending all the documents off on Thursday to CSR who have said it'll be sorted by December but she said with it being the holidays and people having time off, it may not be finished til January.
Reply 29
I got a stamped bank statement. Francesca said it was fine. they're sending all the documents off on Thursday to CSR who have said it'll be sorted by December but she said with it being the holidays and people having time off, it may not be finished til January.

Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad you're sorted. Did she say the docs were to organise the DBS check or what they are for as I'm still not sure, but thought I'd completed the DBS check online in September.
Original post by Savlarr
Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad you're sorted. Did she say the docs were to organise the DBS check or what they are for as I'm still not sure, but thought I'd completed the DBS check online in September.

I think it's so they can continue with checks like right to work and right to live etc. Have you had a DBS certificate back through? They couldn't do mine as they didn't have proof of address so I'm assuming they'll be doing DBS checks too.
Have you had any update yet?
Reply 32
Have you had any update yet?

I phoned and spoke to Francesca today who said that the stuff had been sent off on Thursday, but that her contact in that particular office is on holiday till next week, so unable to advise me any more! Will ring her again next week - you could always email through the portal to check they have the stuff. Might do that myself if I haven't heard anything by next week.
Original post by Savlarr
I phoned and spoke to Francesca today who said that the stuff had been sent off on Thursday, but that her contact in that particular office is on holiday till next week, so unable to advise me any more! Will ring her again next week - you could always email through the portal to check they have the stuff. Might do that myself if I haven't heard anything by next week.

I spoke to Francesca myself today as I had another phone call asking for the documents I'd already taken in. She told me the same that they had been sent off on Thursday so she isn't sure why but she thinks the system may not have updated. I'll email through the portal too, but I'll be ringing her next week if I haven't heard anything. Could you keep me updated please!
Original post by Savlarr

How do you email through the portal 🤔 Is it just this email address? isbc.e&[email protected]
CSR still haven't received my documents... I emailed [email protected] to check. Could you email to ask if yours have been recieved? If they haven't then I know it's just our lot that have gone together rather than just mine.
Reply 36
Ive sent them a message over the portal which goes to the same email address as above. Ill let you know when they reply
Original post by Savlarr
Ive sent them a message over the portal which goes to the same email address as above. Ill let you know when they reply

Thank you! At least if they say yours aren't there too then I know it's the whole batch that just hasn't got there yet!
CSR responded to me saying its not unusual for them to have not received the documents yet. Hopefully theyll have them soon...
Pre employement checks have been completed, but no formal offer yet. You heard anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending