The Student Room Group

what to wear to sainsbury screening? plus interview help?

ive never been to an interview before, do i really have to wear a suit, tie and shoes to a screening for a warehouse job, or can i just wear boots, black jeans, and black tshirt?
also how would i answer a common question like, why do you want to work for us, or why do you want this job? uhhh because a i need a job? i have no idea what to do

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't wear jeans, always smart wear for interviews :smile: it leaves a good impression!
Reply 2
can you really tell the difference between black jeans and trousers?
Reply 3
also its only sainsburys.. not like a bank or something
DO NOT WEAR JEANS! They sent me an email and called me specifically telling me not to wear jeans or trainers to the interview. I have my interview on Wednesday I am going to be wearing a smart/casual suit.

Also it shows you can't follow basic rules if they stated twice what not to wear and you turn up in it anyway....
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by mistypoison
DO NOT WEAR JEANS! They sent me an email and called me specifically telling me not to wear jeans or trainers to the interview. I have my interview on Wednesday I am going to be wearing a smart/casual suit.

Also it shows you can't follow basic rules if they stated twice what not to wear and you turn up in it anyway....

nobody has told me what to wear and what not to wear?
Original post by subzero6661
nobody has told me what to wear and what not to wear?

Did you get an email after booking your interview? What does it say?
Reply 7
Did you get an email after booking your interview? What does it say?

yeah just read it, it says dress smart..
boots, jeans and cardigan seems pretty smart to me?
Reply 8
what if i dont have any trousers that fit and cant afford any?
i havent been given a penny from any benefits and have been trying my hardest to find work but nobody even replies, this is my first one, i dont even have money to travel im going to have to walk 1 hour and 40 mins to the bloody place
Reply 9
Do you have any plain black jeans? I've heard some people got away with wearing that. Don't worry, Sainsbury's is desperate to hire people for the Christmas rush so you should be fine. Do you have a blazer to dress everything up a little? Newlook has some on sale right now!

Also for the question "Why do you want this job" Try saying something like "I think sainsbury's is a good company to gain valuable work experience with and I am always looking for ways to improve myself"

When is your interview?

yes, thats what im planning to wear, plain black jeans
AND THANK YOU SO MUCH, I WILL DEFINITLY USE THAT LINE
man ive been dreading it all day trying to think of what to say
so seriously, thank you very much :smile:
Reply 10
Is there a bus to take to the interview? I'd be happy to pay the bus fair for you.

thanks for the offer but its ok, im not in good shape so the walk will do me good :smile:
Reply 11
Smart casual is recommended, got some navy blue or black chinos? A nice shirt that isn't plain white? Also if you want that extra casual look go open collar. Worked for me at Waitrose.

To answer a question like that you simply need to know what the job requires and how you match to it then you twist it to make it sound like that's why you want the job.

Also make sure you say yes or ask for water, it says a lot about you. When you've finished your water don't wait to be offered more, ask for more.
Reply 12
Original post by zayn008
Smart casual is recommended, got some navy blue or black chinos? A nice shirt that isn't plain white? Also if you want that extra casual look go open collar. Worked for me at Waitrose.

To answer a question like that you simply need to know what the job requires and how you match to it then you twist it to make it sound like that's why you want the job.

Also make sure you say yes or ask for water, it says a lot about you. When you've finished your water don't wait to be offered more, ask for more.

are you trolling me?
Reply 13
are you trolling me?

No but I just read your other posts and the one about the underbite kind of gave away that you're a troll. Seems like this is a question you've been struggling with for 3 weeks, at least try and be a bit creative in your posts, try varying the topics for a start? You're an utter shame to the trolling community.
Reply 14
Original post by zayn008
No but I just read your other posts and the one about the underbite kind of gave away that you're a troll. Seems like this is a question you've been struggling with for 3 weeks, at least try and be a bit creative in your posts, try varying the topics for a start? You're an utter shame to the trolling community.

wait.. so because i admitted i have an underbite im a troll but you telling people to beg for water in interviews is serious? ok
This is ridiculous. You have to buy a suit, look smart and lie about your motivations for 20 minutes all for a job at f*cking sainsbury's? Screw life.
Reply 16
Original post by cbreef
This is ridiculous. You have to buy a suit, look smart and lie about your motivations for 20 minutes all for a job at f*cking sainsbury's? Screw life.

haha yeah man, hopefully i can get this and get some stability in my life, then move onto a career in accounting
Reply 17
wait.. so because i admitted i have an underbite im a troll but you telling people to beg for water in interviews is serious? ok

Ugh anyone who goes on your profile and reads your other posts (from 3 weeks ago about the same thing) would know you're a lousy troll. Also it works miracles, honestly. Then again I'm just a 17 year old in my first job which is part time on over £8.50 an hour.
(edited 7 years ago)
haha yeah man, hopefully i can get this and get some stability in my life, then move onto a career in accounting

It's a complete joke these days. This is a minimum wage job, basically saying, we would love to pay you less but the law doesn't allow it, and then you're expected to kiss their arses and say the stupidest, most fabricated sh*t about how you "admire the company" and "have a passion" for shelf stacking. :angry:
"I want further training in boring crap and to progress within your amazing, wonderful, successful company and be here till I die" - :colonhash:
Reply 19
Original post by zayn008
Ugh anyone who goes on your profile and reads your other posts (from 3 weeks ago about the same thing) would know you're a lousy troll. Also it works miracles, honestly. Then again I'm just a 17 year old in my first job which is part time on over £8.50 an hour.

yeah i have nothing better to do then log onto tsr every 3 weeks to troll..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending