The Student Room Group

Guys, would you date a successful woman with much better job than you?

Btw I'm very feminine and definitely not a feminist or bossy. I actually let the men in my life take the lead. But One thing I've noticed is that my Boyfriends in my life have been very jealous and insecure of my success.

I'm 26 now. I have had a better paid job and more successful career than most of them and being much younger.

But I can’t get over the number of guys I’ve dated who as soon as I had some good news to share, met me with dismissal as they casually reminded me of their annual salary or made a comment downplaying how my success was pure luck, because it couldn’t possibly be through any skill of my own. It's like they resented my success.

Scroll to see replies

I personally would (I'm a girl btw) if she wasn't snobby about it.
Reply 2
Of course

lol I'm not saying no to more money.
Yes.
Sure. :smile:
Reply 5
Yes but it wouldn't be for her money.... :mmm:
Is it not just the same as dating anybody else but with more financial security? I fail to see the issue
Reply 7
No I would not date such a woman,

my own intelligence levels are probably average [based on my GCSE's], my grades were nothing remarkable at all. I do not consider myself successful career wise either [although I have been learning/training over the past few years to try and better myself] ... although I am in a better position asset wise though than most people my age down to pure luck..

still though, I would feel like a good looking intelligent woman with successful career etc would be looking down on me ...or feeling like she's settled.

I prefer girls who are like hairdressers or beauticians ...y'know ...nothing too fancy.

I can see why some of the men you were involved with has issues about your level of success. The man is programmed to feel like the provider. A woman that clearly outclasses him in that regard is not a quality most men look for.

I also believe more educated women are more picky when it comes to men. There was a time where I did not care how successful or not successful a woman was, I would hit on them if i found them attractive ... I noticed women with degree's or good jobs seemed less attracted to me than less educated women. Often they didn't even know my level of education ...they were just less interested from the getgo. If a woman has a degree and good job, she tends to be pickier over men than those that arn't.
Reply 8
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I personally would (I'm a girl btw) if she wasn't snobby about it.

Are you lesbian?
Original post by Anonymous
Are you lesbian?

Bisexual :smile:
Original post by ANM775
No I would not date such a woman,

my own intelligence levels are probably average [based on my GCSE's], my grades were nothing remarkable at all. I do not consider myself successful career wise either [although I have been learning/training over the past few years to try and better myself] ... although I am in a better position asset wise though than most people my age down to pure luck..

still though, I would feel like a good looking intelligent woman with successful career etc would be looking down on me ...or feeling like she's settled.

I prefer girls who are like hairdressers or beauticians ...y'know ...nothing too fancy.

I can see why some of the men you were involved with has issues about your level of success. The man is programmed to feel like the provider. A woman that clearly outclasses him in that regard is not a quality most men look for.

I also believe more educated women are more picky when it comes to men. There was a time where I did not care how successful or not successful a woman was, I would hit on them if i found them attractive ... I noticed women with degree's or good jobs seemed less attracted to me than less educated women. Often they didn't even know my level of education ...they were just less interested from the getgo. If a woman has a degree and good job, she tends to be pickier over men than those that arn't.

How insecure are you?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Bisexual :smile:

Preference for women?
Original post by UWS
Yes but it wouldn't be for her money.... :mmm:

You- "Babeee can I have your card plz"
Rich wife- "Why? Are you going to the spa again?"
You- "Nah babe I just saw a bunch of puppies I want"
Preference for women?

I normally swing towards men but defo attracted to women.
Why wouldn't you lol
oh please. there's only one kind of "job" I'm interested in a woman doing.
Reply 16
How insecure are you?

nobody's perfect....
Reply 17
It would probably be a positive, especially for me right now not because of the money though because it shows they are focused and driven.

How much are we talking, a lot? If yes marry me?
Original post by joecphillips
It would probably be a positive, especially for me right now not because of the money though because it shows they are focused and driven.

How much are we talking, a lot? If yes marry me?

Like amazing Amy driven and focused on gone girl?
Original post by ANM775
nobody's perfect....

At least you're honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending