The Student Room Group

Question for you guys.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Retired_Messiah
Yeah families are pretty bad at assuming what other people's tastes are. People in general are to a degree, come to think of it.

Yea true point there.
That is a very true point there :smile:
Im not a guy so can't answer your question. However, your family had no right to say such a thing.
Don't let them get you down! One day you'll be a living proof that they were wrong.
I'd be your friend for sure.
I'm amazed at your being a carer at such a tender age! It takes a strong person to do that so don't worry, you are made of tough stuff and will battle through your low blue days, certainly.
Yea i know and i try not but its a struggle tbh. Maybe so,
Aww :smile:
Aw why? I did what i had to. And thank you for the kind words.
Hell yeah I would, I would be honour to have someone who is as socially awkward as i am, to be my first girl friend, so go for it, I believe in you.
Ignore your family. It's untrue.

Trust me. :smile:
Original post by Demonlover1
Hell yeah I would, I would be honour to have someone who is as socially awkward as i am, to be my first girl friend, so go for it, I believe in you.

Why thank you :smile:

I will try to :smile:
:zomg: :zomg: :zomg: ARE YOU ME? That is exactly me.
I'd date you :smile:
I don't see anything wrong and you come across as a lovely young lady already :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yea i know and i try not but its a struggle tbh. Maybe so,
Aww :smile:
Aw why? I did what i had to. And thank you for the kind words.

Yh. It is probably a struggle. Just know that there are people out here who care about you even though we don't know you.

You will, you will. I am sure of it. And you seem to already be making steps to deal with your lack of socialness (not a word i dont think). A lot of people have social awkwardness so we all understand.

Maybe you felt you had to, but you could have just ignored it or turned a blind eye etc. So many other options you know.

You are welcome
Exactly what is a date like I've never had one? Also never had a girlfriend though, so I'm only good for support in this situation. But still good luck
If you're not happy with yourself, don't look for a relationship. Focus on yourself and being comfortable in your own skin first, that's more important.
Original post by FireFreezer77
I'd date you :smile:
I don't see anything wrong and you come across as a lovely young lady already :smile:

Aw and thats sweet of ya to say. :smile:
Original post by queenofswords
:zomg: :zomg: :zomg: ARE YOU ME? That is exactly me.

Hah why you the same??

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words and true i could of ignored it but i didnt. And dont worry about making up your own words i do that alot.

Original post by Demonlover1
Exactly what is a date like I've never had one? Also never had a girlfriend though, so I'm only good for support in this situation. But still good luck

Hah same here but with a boyfriend and thank you, good luck to you too.

Original post by Lord Samosa
If you're not happy with yourself, don't look for a relationship. Focus on yourself and being comfortable in your own skin first, that's more important.

That might be true point there.
Reply 34
Would you date a slightly social awkward person who has a lot of "baggage" due to her past, and suffers with really low moods (which is due to the bad situation she lives in)and who is shy but once you get to know her she is quite talkative.

She is like 5'3/5'4 and has what most would say is a lovely personality and who thinks she is ugly but every one tells her she aint and that she is good looking.

Guys would ya??

Lol, this is currently my gf I swear.
P.s I would totally date you but I doubt that you live in England, so huh
Well.. from my experience I find that two people in the more negative side of things will repel each other. Unless both of us can be understanding of each other, you'd need someone who isn't so similar to you.
Original post by JBlinko
Lol, this is currently my gf I swear.

Really?
Reply 38
Really?

Yeah, and it's awesome. There will be someone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending