The Student Room Group

Girls aren't attracted to nice guys

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Sometimes, there is something extremely attractive in a guy who isn't overly nice or eager - it's almost like an exciting game, and you soon become really drawn to that guy too. But, again, sometimes you meet someone so naturally lovely and kind of wholesome and you just can't help but be attracted to that person's personality. It always depends on the situation, so there can never really be a clear yes or no answer as to whether girls like nice guys or not.

Really good answer.
Woman will always prefer "alpha males", it's just simple biology period.

Historically a conquering army/tribe would kill off the armies losing Men and take and distribute the women between them. This was also a way for women to stay alive back then.
Honestly i don't think this is true, i went through a douche stage when i started going to the gym and making gains this did lead me to getting girls however none of them stayed because i acted like a complete douche
Women like abs whether there attached to a good boy or bad
Personally, i see nothing wrong with " nice guys", infact if the guy I like is the type to not be honest about their feelings (an attribute I loathe in both boys and girls) and is rude then... well I guess we're done here aren't we.
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
Woman will always prefer "alpha males", it's just simple biology period.

Historically a conquering army/tribe would kill off the armies losing Men and take and distribute the women between them. This was also a way for women to stay alive back then.

False, this may be a common occurrence, but it isn't "always". Types of men/women and their sexualities and preferences are largerly diverse, and it makes sense for this diversity to be built into biology, in order to ensure the survival of a species.

As an example, I don't particularly find Alpha Males attractive, I don't need a man to necessarily be decisive or a strong leader, that's not something I look for. In fact, when you look more closely, you see many people attracted to what is not deemed "conventionally attractive" such as some young men attracted to women ten or more years older than them, or women who like the less masculine type of man.

I can't count the number of times I've seen this topic in my 11 years on this forum, but I'll answer how I have before - often it isn't the "niceness" that's unattractive, it's that the so called "nice" guy cares so much about what others think (particularly potential girlfriends) that nice deeds come from a place of insecurity. It can often be a bad boy's apparent self assurance that can be initially attractive, but often comes unstuck later on if they really are "bad".

If you can have a mindset of being self assured, but also decent, you're onto a winner. It takes time and a change of mental habits, but the more we challenge the thought that what others think somehow has some bearing on us, the more confident we become.
Original post by sleepysnooze
I can confirm
being funny and cocky all rolled into one is the best way to attract girls
nothing gets a girl dryer than a nice guy. nice guys are boring. they offer no excitement.

Spot on
you'll have to be more specific - I'm not really that cocky on here

Any level of cocky. So try again.

The trouble lies in people's definitions of "nice guy". The men who complain that girls don't go for "nice guys", identify as nice guys themselves, but in reality they aren't.

They think that showering a girl with compliments, pining over her, and doing anything and everything for her in order to get her to bed is "nice guy" behaviour. But it's not. Truth is, most girls see right through it, it's not genuine if you are only being nice because you want a shag.

In my eyes I have much more respect for a man who is nice and considerate to people regardless of his interest in them, but at the same time isn't a carpet, doesn't do anything that's asked of him in order to ingratiate himself to the woman. But when needs to, puts his foot down. That is a guy I respect. No he's not cocky, he's not a "bad boy", just an honest, respectable man.

You guys are so clueless :rofl:

One of the biggest turn offs for me, is when a guy tries to compliment you by putting down other women. And I find that many guys who think of themselves as "nice guys" do this.

Oh and just because you are the reverse of a bad boy, just because you are quiet and geeky, that does not make you a nice guy. :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks
Any level of cocky. So try again.

The trouble lies in people's definitions of "nice guy". The men who complain that girls don't go for "nice guys", identify as nice guys themselves, but in reality they aren't.

They think that showering a girl with compliments, pining over her, and doing anything and everything for her in order to get her to bed is "nice guy" behaviour. But it's not. Truth is, most girls see right through it, it's not genuine if you are only being nice because you want a shag.

In my eyes I have much more respect for a man who is nice and considerate to people regardless of his interest in them, but at the same time isn't a carpet, doesn't do anything that's asked of him in order to ingratiate himself to the woman. But when needs to, puts his foot down. That is a guy I respect. No he's not cocky, he's not a "bad boy", just an honest, respectable man.

You guys are so clueless :rofl:

One of the biggest turn off for me, is when a guy tries to compliment you by putting down other women. And I find that many guys who think of themselves as "nice guys" do this.

Oh and just because you are the reverse of a bad boy, just because you are quiet and geeky, that does not make you a nice guy.

So THAT'S why my go-to pickup line, "You seem like a nice person. Blow me." doesn't work. :frown:
well, you're almost completely correct - if you treat her as if you're better then she'll chase you, because girls (and basically anybody) want what they think they can't easily get

Bull ****. Complete and utter bs.
Any respecting girl will run for the hills.

Although you might harbour some success with girls suffering low self esteem. What you just stated is actually a mechanism used by perpetrators of domestic abuse, lowering the woman's (or man's) self-value by persistently insinuating you are the better one. And then you are more likely to retain her/ him despite your poor behaviour, because they feel you are the best they deserve.

I cannot stand that you think you are some big success with women, you are probably absolutely hanging mate :rofl: Jog on.

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
typically a "nice guy" is someone who treats women as though they are not people but rather some ethereal superior beings...of course this is not attractive.

Yes!! This.

Woman will always prefer "alpha males", it's just simple biology period. Historically a conquering army/tribe would kill off the armies losing Men and take and distribute the women between them. This was also a way for women to stay alive back then.

Probably the worst reply on here. It's not biology, it's psychology you blundering idiot. I can't even be bothered to educate a mind as small as yours.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm 17. Still a loner
Maybe because the majority of self-proclaimed "nice guys" are actually whiny, entitled, irritating brats who expect attention and sex because they were a decent person towards a woman maybe once in their lives and aren't nearly as nice as they think they are. Also can we stop pretending the reason women don't want to have sex with you is because they're all attracted to one type of man and just accept the fact that maybe it's your fault women don't like you because your personality sucks lmao.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Sometimes, there is something extremely attractive in a guy who isn't overly nice or eager - it's almost like an exciting game, and you soon become really drawn to that guy too. But, again, sometimes you meet someone so naturally lovely and kind of wholesome and you just can't help but be attracted to that person's personality. It always depends on the situation, so there can never really be a clear yes or no answer as to whether girls like nice guys or not.

PRSOM
Maybe because the majority of self-proclaimed "nice guys" are actually whiny, entitled, irritating brats who expect attention and sex because they were a decent person towards a woman maybe once in their lives and aren't nearly as nice as they think they are. Also can we stop pretending the reason women don't want to have sex with you is because they're all attracted to one type of man and just accept the fact that maybe it's your fault women don't like you because your personality sucks lmao.

Why would you have to go anonymous to say this? Just let it all hang out, man.

There's a difference between a nice guy and a guy who is terrified of women and treats them like they are a glass menagerie - Fragile and beautiful and need to be placed on a shelf far above the world.
Reply 54
lol boys are so whiny, shut up.
you need a wallet that a bench vice closes, to swig champagne in the afternoon, at least one Rolex and some gold jewellery
then OP you will get the attention
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Why would you have to go anonymous to say this? Just let it all hang out, man.

There's a difference between a nice guy and a guy who is terrified of women and treats them like they are a glass menagerie - Fragile and beautiful and need to be placed on a shelf far above the world.

Yeah exactly. But which of those groups do you think complain that being a nice guy leads to rejection?

Original post by jamesthehustler
you need a wallet that a bench vice closes, to swig champagne in the afternoon, at least one Rolex and some gold jewellery
then OP you will get the attention

Because the working class never get laid.

*ahem*.. reminds me of some of the guys here
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
typically a "nice guy" is someone who treats women as though they are not people but rather some ethereal superior beings...of course this is not attractive.

Original post by somemightsay888
If you have to say you're "nice", chances are you aren't lmao

girls are attracted to good looks
if you're good looking then it doesn't matter if you are a nice boy or an ass

I hate this discussion. There's too many assumptions, too much bias, too much negativity.

Okay, let's get this out of the way; women like strong, confident, capable men. Generally speaking.

There's a massive different between the stereotypical "nice" guy and a nice guy. Unfortunately the word nice ends up being applied to both.

There are men out there who are, as the last Anon quote above said, "whiny, entitled, irritating brats". They think women are something you put kindness coins into and then sex comes out. They're spineless, dishonest, manipulative, and usually just bad people overall. These are not "nice" men, so why oh why the word gets used to represent them I do not know.

There are plenty of nice men who get dates. Plenty. You don't have to be brooding and handsome, tall and muscular to get girls. You don't have to be this buffed up Alpha male who oozes confidence (which, by the way ladies, is usually fake). You can be 5'6", have a dad bod and still get girls. I'm not even going to rattle off why this is because it should be pretty evident; personality, presentation, interests, values, behavior all come into play.

Girls ARE attracted to nice guys. Girls ARE NOT attracted to men who are clingy, desperate and lie.

Spoiler

Original post by stefano865
Really good answer.

Sarcasm? :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending