The Student Room Group

Do I have to do LNAT if I want to study Law at a good uni?

I see that some people who are applying to study Law have already done their LNAT. But I still didn't do mine. Do I have to do LNAT to get into a good uni and if so how do I do it?
Have you looked this up at all? It may be an entry requirement (I think it is) but generally it's a good idea to do it and show your scores as it shows commitment and aptitude.
Reply 2
Some unis do it, but the ones that I want to go to doesn't say anything about it at all. The likes of Cambridge University, Queens Mary University etc.
Reply 3
Original post by AM-BI-TIOUS
Some unis do it, but the ones that I want to go to doesn't say anything about it at all. The likes of Cambridge University, Queens Mary University etc.

Those unis don't require the LNAT.
Original post by AM-BI-TIOUS
I see that some people who are applying to study Law have already done their LNAT. But I still didn't do mine. Do I have to do LNAT to get into a good uni and if so how do I do it?

Oxford University uses the LNAT as formal assessment, and the tutors personally mark the essays. It is mandatory. However, Cambridge uses a separate test, their own built exam. Unfortunately, if you are applying to study law at Oxford or Cambridge, for 2017 entrance, you are too late. I'm not sure about other universities though, so you many still have time to apply to the others. Look at their websites.
Reply 5
Birmingham, Bristol, Durham, Glasgow, KCL, Nottingham, Oxford and UCL are the only universities that you need the LNAT for.
Reply 6
Original post by wifty
Birmingham, Bristol, Durham, Glasgow, KCL, Nottingham, Oxford and UCL are the only universities that you need the LNAT for.

Don't think Birmingham do anymore.
Reply 7
Original post by MJ6987
Don't think Birmingham do anymore.

Think you're right; I guess my source was outdated. :tongue: SOAS also require it now apparently.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending