The Student Room Group

Girls aren't attracted to nice guys

Scroll to see replies

PRSOM. :congrats:
[video="youtube;xfeys7Jfnx8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfeys7Jfnx8[/video]
Original post by Twinpeaks
Any level of cocky. So try again.

The trouble lies in people's definitions of "nice guy". The men who complain that girls don't go for "nice guys", identify as nice guys themselves, but in reality they aren't.

They think that showering a girl with compliments, pining over her, and doing anything and everything for her in order to get her to bed is "nice guy" behaviour. But it's not. Truth is, most girls see right through it, it's not genuine if you are only being nice because you want a shag.

In my eyes I have much more respect for a man who is nice and considerate to people regardless of his interest in them, but at the same time isn't a carpet, doesn't do anything that's asked of him in order to ingratiate himself to the woman. But when needs to, puts his foot down. That is a guy I respect. No he's not cocky, he's not a "bad boy", just an honest, respectable man.

You guys are so clueless :rofl:

One of the biggest turn offs for me, is when a guy tries to compliment you by putting down other women. And I find that many guys who think of themselves as "nice guys" do this.

Oh and just because you are the reverse of a bad boy, just because you are quiet and geeky, that does not make you a nice guy. :rofl:

rubbish.
you don't need to be 6 ft good looking alpha male. All you need is a big,fat, juicy

Spoiler

Bull ****. Complete and utter bs.
Any respecting girl will run for the hills.

nope, I think I'd know a little more about this than you seeing as I'm the one out there experiencing what girls like and don't like - as a girl you'll just think "hmm, well I like _ so that's what every girl likes therefore". no. we don't live in an ideal world. most girls like jerks because they're *****es. they attract themselves.

Although you might harbour some success with girls suffering low self esteem.

it's not low self esteem - it's called being a normal girl. it's normal psychology.

What you just stated is actually a mechanism used by perpetrators of domestic abuse,

what?!
so when girls themselves also play "hard to get", and believe me, the ****ing norm is for women to play hard to get, then what exactly are you implying?

lowering the woman's (or man's) self-value by persistently insinuating you are the better one. And then you are more likely to retain her/ him despite your poor behaviour, because they feel you are the best they deserve.

yep. that's just how it goes.

I cannot stand that you think you are some big success with women, you are probably absolutely hanging mate :rofl: Jog on

I'm really not though. and please don't attempt that dialect again for the love of god
(edited 7 years ago)
I forgot if I repped this already :tongue: but PRSOM. :smile:
Depends on what you call a nice guy. Girls will never be attracted to weenies but clever girls will be attracted to brave, respectful and manly men :wink: Although, there is another question there: Can you handle a clever girl? :wink:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Sarcasm? :erm:

haha not at all :smile:
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
If what you say is true (I don't know, I'm not a girl), then I guess I'm gonna be forever alone.

Oh heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty is simply diving and everlasting, I would love to be your princess. If you want to talk to a good friend, honest, sweet and tender, you can do with me at any moment, I am a good person, kind, loyal and sincere. My friendship that I offer you is clean and transparent. I congratulate to you, because you are very beautiful, your beauty, your charming figure, your pleasant and angelical smile, your personality, your happiness, your charm, your kindness, your beautiful eyes, your lips soft and exquisite, delicate your hands, your legs precious Your beautiful, spectacular and divine body, you have all these qualities and more, you are a wonderful and perfect man, your gaze is tender and sweet, penetrating my soul. The beauty of a rose has no comparison with the sweetness of your face and the beauty of your heart. I am of the people, I like to have a good relationship with all my friends.
Reply 69
The fact is girls are attracted to confidence. You need to stop worrying about others and be confident about who you are and what you do (even if you're not in the most flashy position at work/school). Also, girls aren't the best thing ever, they don't solve all your issues. The most important thing is you, so you have to worry about bettering yourself. Either physically or intellectually. Last thing, you shouldn't ever change your personality for someone else. If you're a shy person, be a shy person. Someone will accept you for that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PrinceHarrys
Oh heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty is simply diving and everlasting, I would love to be your princess. If you want to talk to a good friend, honest, sweet and tender, you can do with me at any moment, I am a good person, kind, loyal and sincere. My friendship that I offer you is clean and transparent. I congratulate to you, because you are very beautiful, your beauty, your charming figure, your pleasant and angelical smile, your personality, your happiness, your charm, your kindness, your beautiful eyes, your lips soft and exquisite, delicate your hands, your legs precious Your beautiful, spectacular and divine body, you have all these qualities and more, you are a wonderful and perfect man, your gaze is tender and sweet, penetrating my soul. The beauty of a rose has no comparison with the sweetness of your face and the beauty of your heart. I am of the people, I like to have a good relationship with all my friends.

I love this. :rofl:
Original post by stefano865
haha not at all :smile:

Oh. :lol: Thanks!
Original post by sleepysnooze
nope, I think I'd know a little more about this than you seeing as I'm the one out there experiencing what girls like and don't like - as a girl you'll just think "hmm, well I like _ so that's what every girl likes therefore". no. we don't live in an ideal world. most girls like jerks because they're *****es. they attract themselves.

it's not low self esteem - it's called being a normal girl. it's normal psychology.

what?!
so when girls themselves also play "hard to get", and believe me, the ****ing norm is for women to play hard to get, then what exactly are you implying?

yep. that's just how it goes.

I'm really not though. and please don't attempt that dialect again for the love of god

You think you are able to speak for an entire gender because of your own selective experience?
Like I said, clueless.
You think you are able to speak for an entire gender because of your own selective experience?
Like I said, clueless.

:| look who's talking
at least I *have* experience in this case
how often do you hit on girls? never, right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 73
Hot guy, who's nice but looks bad is the best type.
Girls aren't attracted to boring guys*

"Haha you look nice (:" and other generic nice comments isn't going to get a girl wet.
Original post by jessn122
Hot guy, who's nice but looks bad is the best type.

how does one look bad?
Original post by Anonymous
how does one look bad?

dunno :cool:
Original post by PrinceHarrys

Lol xD
Original post by Anonymous
how does one look bad?

They wear Monday socks on a Wednesday. :gah:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending