The Student Room Group

PgDip Physician Associate Studies University of Birmingham January 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Laugh Each Day
Yeah good luck guys, hope you both have confirmed offers soon!

Did get an email through today from Birmingham with further info about the start date/textbooks etc so things are starting to pick up a little! Let's hope it continues :colone:

Did but obviously the linked in group link is not working! Maybe we are expecting too much of them?? :tongue:
Ahh typical!! Haha I think we must be, can't get our hopes up too much :wink:
Original post by Crunchynapkin
Hi Sofia,

Congratulations on getting an offer, I have an interview for the January Intake coming up, would appreciate if you could give a couple of pointers, in particular, regarding the scenario questions?

Also have you tried looking on SpareRoom?

Have you heard from Birmingham ? Because I haven't lol
I was interviewed for the January intake for Birmingham but I haven't heard anything. My interview also took 15 minutes lol. I am worried..anyone in the same position ?
Reply 24
Hi, does anyone know what time the open evening on October 25th starts? I have emailed them to register my interest but I haven't heard anything.

Thank you :smile:
Hi s.bear,

It starts at 7 pm, til 9 I think!

Have you applied for the course? :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Laugh Each Day
Hi s.bear,

It starts at 7 pm, til 9 I think!

Have you applied for the course? :smile:

Hi Jess (saw your name in the previous messages!)

Thank you :smile:
No, not yet. I'm planning to apply for the August 2017 entry. Well done for your offer!

Sarah
Update:
I received my conditional offer today!
Got a bunch of emails regarding some equipment, books etc I need before the course starts
Looking forward to starting ! :smile:
Original post by Crunchynapkin
Update:
I received my conditional offer today!
Got a bunch of emails regarding some equipment, books etc I need before the course starts
Looking forward to starting ! :smile:

Me too! I spoke to them yesterday and I got an email today. Looks like the waiting paid off :smile:
Me too! Well done everybody !
Hi. I got a conditional offer from bham based on passing the dbs, health check and paying the deposit. Is this the offer everybody received? Also in regards to funding tuition and living costs, what are people doing? Thank :smile:
Original post by adam7860
Hi. I got a conditional offer from bham based on passing the dbs, health check and paying the deposit. Is this the offer everybody received? Also in regards to funding tuition and living costs, what are people doing? Thank :smile:

Hi Adam, congratulations on your offer!

Everybody receive the same letter, the deposit is to confirm you are accepting their offer, you have 15 day to do so or they will give your place to the person next to the list!

Everybody has to prove they achieved a minimum of 2.1 in a life science and pass health check and DBS, some people that have worked in healthcare and have already been immunised might have already satisfied the immunisation requirements. Once all this has been satisfied, you get an unconditional offer.

I am currently looking for a flat near the Uni campus & hospital, although many flats won't be available or advertised till November/December, unless you are willing to move in before January.

We have already made a What's App group for January 2017 start, if you fancy knowing me and other people on the course inbox me your number! :smile:
Hi have u gotten an offer yet.
I got interviewed in Oct 2016 but haven't heard from the school
I am so worried
Original post by geekfreeks
I was interviewed for the January intake for Birmingham but I haven't heard anything. My interview also took 15 minutes lol. I am worried..anyone in the same position ?

Hi have you heard from them?
I'm so worried
Original post by Mariamaliyu
Hi have u gotten an offer yet.
I got interviewed in Oct 2016 but haven't heard from the school
I am so worried

Hey you should call them as soon as you can, check the admission office opening hours so you know when to call them. Some people had problems with university not communicating they had an offer, and they didn't know until they called them up and were told they were successful. Call them and ask!
Reply 35
Hey does anyone else have an offer from Queen Mary - Jan entry??
Original post by ZKay
Hey does anyone else have an offer from Queen Mary - Jan entry??

This is actually a thread for Birmingham January 2017 offers holders, so I doubt you'll have a lot of luck finding QM offers holders! :tongue:
Reply 37
Hey guys I'm Luke,
I got my offer a couple of months ago and accepted last week so just filling in all the forms and that now. Was hoping there would be a way for us all to communicate more efficiently! I need to get a place to live but obviously ideally I'd want to share with other PA's. Another question is how is everyone's funding it? I can get tuition fee covers and that, it's just living costs that I'm struggling with.
Glad to have found others!
Reply 38
Hi,

I just got an offer today for Birmingham Jan entry! Does anyone know if theres any funding support? As I got an offer from Queen Mary too and they fund the second year! Trying to list the pros and cons of both but still stuck on which to go for!
Reply 39
Hi everyone,

I'm Ritchie, I've had my offer since May. I did my undergraduate in biomedical material science at UoB so I applied nice and early aha.

Funding the course is obviously a tedious problem. I'm planning to use both the Career development loan, and a lone company called Future Finance which loans tuition and living cost money to undergraduate and postgraduate student at a relatively low interest rate depending be on your credit score. Basically I'll be up to my neck in depts aha, but I also see this course as a great investment so it will be worth it.

As for accommodation, I'm still looking. I have undergraduate friends who have spare rooms, however I'm slightly reluctant as I know how hectic they can get aha.

I'm determined to find a house as close to the university as possible, preferably selly oak. You don't want the trek to the medical school at 8am in a cold morning to be more than 20 mins. Speaking from experience. So I'm certainly up for making/joining a group of PAs to rent a house with!

Let me know!

P.S. Have people purchased their Stethescope yet, I might wait for Boxing Day sales. I don't plan on buying any books aha.

Quick Reply

Latest