The Student Room Group

Can anyone explain why Hillary Clinton is the better choice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just my 2 cents. She is obviously the more qualified candidate but I'd love to see Trump hang her out to dry. Wouldn't it be nice to see a big time criminal see some justice for once?
Original post by joecphillips

She wants to end the first amendment
She wants to end the second amendment

No, she doesn't. Trump seems to think that if he says something that is obviously a lie enough, e.g. "no one respects women more than me", some people will believe it. Unfortunately, he's not wrong.
What better candidate could there be.

Many, but never, never Trump.
Reply 22
Original post by RogerOxon
No, she doesn't. Trump seems to think that if he says something that is obviously a lie enough, e.g. "no one respects women more than me", some people will believe it. Unfortunately, he's not wrong.

Many, but never, never Trump.

Yes she does she wants to overturn citizens united which was decided because the first amendment protects political speech as well as 'destroy' media outlets she doesn't agree with
Yes she does she wants to overturn citizens united which was decided because the first amendment protects political speech as well as 'destroy' media outlets she doesn't agree with

Even if she does want that, she would need a 2/3 majority in both houses of Congress, which is why it won't happen. A change to the second amendment would be the best thing that could happen to the USA.
Reply 24
Trump has been endoresed by the KKK.

Clinton has been supported and endorsed by states that behead gays, stone women, bomb civilians, put to death atheists etc etc.

Trump is the lesser evil.
Reply 25
Original post by Good bloke
Even if she does want that, she would need a 2/3 majority in both houses of Congress, which is why it won't happen. A change to the second amendment would be the best thing that could happen to the USA.

The 2nd amendment problem doesn't tackle the issue with guns, the legally bought guns are only used in a tiny fraction of crimes rather than change the 2nd amendment they need to target illegal guns.

Look at Chicago it is one of the hardest places to legally acquire guns but it's murder rate is one of if not the highest in the USA.

There was a trail of a method to reduce gun crime which was successful but it was not implemented as people complained it effected black people to much
The 2nd amendment problem doesn't tackle the issue with guns, the legally bought guns are only used in a tiny fraction of crimes rather than change the 2nd amendment they need to target illegal guns.
A legal gun can become an illegal gun very quickly. A major issue is the shear number, and type, of guns available. It's probably impossible to change that in any reasonable time though, especially with so many obsessed with their right to own them.

Living in a wealthy area, I'm actually more concerned about legally-owned guns. It's not an issue that I've researched, but it does seem odd that you (AFAIK) need no training to buy one. If I want to drive, I need to prove that I can to an acceptable standard, but I can own another lethal weapon with none.
That is probably a reasonable interpretation of a clumsy question. However, the question is rather like being asked whether you would prefer to be infected with HIV or ebola.

There is no good choice in this election. The US system and political parties have done the world a singular disservice.
We're suppose to consider how our elections will effect another country? Think about that for a minute. I'm sure you consider how Iceland will fare before you cast your ballot.
Original post by oldercon1953
We're suppose to consider how our elections will effect another country? Think about that for a minute. I'm sure you consider how Iceland will fare before you cast your ballot.

It will affect America more than it affects the rest of the world, but the US parties have definitely let themselves and the world down by nominating such dreadful candidates.

Hillary certainly would like to abolish the second amendment. She does not believe the SCOTUS was correct when they interpreted the amendment to mean an individual right to keep and bear arms. She's on record as saying this. Hillary doesn't give a fig about gun violence. She's too far removed from any. It's about control.
"better choice" sounds like a comparative thing, and yet you're asking people to do it without actually comparing her to anybody.

So better than what? If I'm unable to compare her to her rivals then she is the better than nobody and there is nobody to compare her to therefore she's the better candidate.

I don't even like her but what the heck is this.
Reply 31
Original post by Me55il
Trump has been endoresed by the KKK.

Clinton has been supported and endorsed by states that behead gays, stone women, bomb civilians, put to death atheists etc etc.

Trump is the lesser evil.

Don't forget that clinton spoke in glowing terms about a a former kkk leader
Original post by caravaggio2
More importantly for many, she has a vagina.

She does? :erm:
Original post by Twinpeaks
Why speak in such vulgar terms? Is it not enough for you to simple say "she's a woman".

I don't go around referring to a man as "the one with a cock".

And besides, the fact that she's a woman probably dissuades as many as it encourages others.

The term you are looking for is penis sweety.
She's not. It's just that Trump's the worst lol I'd go for green any day.

Spoiler

Original post by Twinpeaks
Why speak in such vulgar terms? Is it not enough for you to simple say "she's a woman".

I don't go around referring to a man as "the one with a cock".

And besides, the fact that she's a woman probably dissuades as many as it encourages others.

His use of vulgar language is actually pretty benign. He used the word vagina to indicate that the only difference between men and women are sexual organs, which is a pretty non-sexist thing to say from someone who, I imagine and berate me if I am wrong, supports the sleazebag that is Trump.
Hillary doesn't give a fig about gun violence. She's too far removed from any. It's about control.

Right, I forgot how Trump's parents were killed in a drive-by shooting by the Crips...
Original post by oShahpo
Right, I forgot how Trump's parents were killed in a drive-by shooting by the Crips...

I'm afraid your going to have to explain this to me.
Original post by oShahpo
His use of vulgar language is actually pretty benign. He used the word vagina to indicate that the only difference between men and women are sexual organs, which is a pretty non-sexist thing to say from someone who, I imagine and berate me if I am wrong, supports the sleazebag that is Trump.

I won't berate you friend but you are wrong. I don't have a dog in this particular fight as I think they are equally vile in their own ways.
They both have something of the night about them.
The vagina quip was a reference to the tons of clips on yt from earlier on before Trump became the front runner when women where asked if they were supporting Clinton and said yes. Then when asked which of her policies did they like the best and tons of them couldn't come up with one. The only thing they could say was she was a woman.
I'm afraid your going to have to explain this to me.

The Crips are a street gang. You said that Hillary is removed from the hazard of gun violence, my comment was a sarcastic one meaning that Trump is just as much removed from gun violence too, it's not like he lived in the ghetto.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending